Hello Guest

Author Topic: Foldable do anything drone  (Read 3724 times)

Offline JR

• View Profile
Foldable do anything drone
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:00:09 AM »
http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro?gclid=Cj0KEQiAqdLDBRDD-b2sv6-i6MsBEiQAkT3wAkIxGwnjGN9piGya5eJoxxEhhFkgKGYHrNUVJS825hIaAl2i8P8HAQ#/?_k=wdakvz

These were at the show I just attended and it was cool. You can tell it or fly it to do about anything.

Not cheap, but not a killer either and the foldup format with 20 minute flights are great.

Can be programed to follow anything, flys around objects, returns to home and then you can pack it into a case.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Foldable do anything drone
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »
The pub down the road from me has had these guys racing on the TV lately. Pretty cool stuff. https://www.adorama.com/tbavendcmbo1.html?gclid=CL3mqMy7utECFZSEfgod6jMEAA
spendy habit.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »
http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro?gclid=Cj0KEQiAqdLDBRDD-b2sv6-i6MsBEiQAkT3wAkIxGwnjGN9piGya5eJoxxEhhFkgKGYHrNUVJS825hIaAl2i8P8HAQ#/?_k=wdakvz

These were at the show I just attended and it was cool. You can tell it or fly it to do about anything.

Not cheap, but not a killer either and the foldup format with 20 minute flights are great.

Can be programed to follow anything, flys around objects, returns to home and then you can pack it into a case.

That is way cool! 

Did you buy one yet?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
My budy had one there, those are pics of his.

The follow is something I just learned about. The follow actually reads a subject/item in 3d and will stay a certain distance from it. It can even be told to circle the object taking video/pics and then return home while avoiding obstacles. The return home works on command or loss of signal and uses GPS/picture of ground to land in the same spot.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 04:20:44 PM »
OK, does it also send out a gps position after I shoot it out of the sky after it has been taking photos of my place?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 05:07:04 PM »
OK, does it also send out a gps position after I shoot it out of the sky after it has been taking photos of my place?

:popcorn:

ROFL
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »
Really not all that funny when the feds say it is against the law to shoot them down. I guess a couple court cases might change their minds,  time and good shots will/could tell. :beercheers:

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 08:58:05 PM »
Not after you arrive at the crash site and drive over it...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:01:02 PM »
I think that’s the one they had at Costco around Christmas time. I think they were asking $900 or around there for it. Looked like fun, but couldn’t throw the bills down at the time until the old house sold.

UPDATE:  available on their website, on sale for 799 until 2/2. Now I’m tempted.   Would be an easy way to check on the kids while they’re out and about.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:04:29 PM by dave945 »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 09:04:10 PM »
I think that’s the one they had at Costco around Christmas time. I think they were asking $900 or around there for it. Looked like fun, but couldn’t throw the bills down at the time until the old house sold.
Ya know, I kinda want one...

On the fun side would be fun to have it film you while you're doing something with some heavy equipment or something like that.
But on the survivability side of things, it could be super handy to send off on a pre programmed route to scout out the driveway every once in awhile to see what's happening where you can't see/hear...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »
Ya know, I kinda want one...

On the fun side would be fun to have it film you while you're doing something with some heavy equipment or something like that.
But on the survivability side of things, it could be super handy to send off on a pre programmed route to scout out the driveway every once in awhile to see what's happening where you can't see/hear...

If they have an option for one in orange color I would pass on it if I were you.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
Been watching that new series" chain of command" on Natgeo. Figured it would have more propaganda but seems pretty decent...anywho, I guess IS*S used them for different purposes in mosul.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »
I was looking at that too as $800 is the going used price now. Also it has been upgraded to the Mavic Ultra for $1100. Basically better props (quieter) and programing for better flight times, around 20+ minutes.

Yes they know where it is when flying, it is real time and uses your phone for the pics besides the HD recording. I t can also be set to lock onto movement and follow it at a set distance/alt and return home. Object avoidence such, but not infalible by any means.

For what it does you can get the Phantom for 1/2 the price, just doesn't fold up. The phantom is white one and the aspire has folding gear. Next step is the pro stuff that normally have 6 rotors.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 09:50:18 PM »
What’s the big scary black one in the picture!?!?!  Is that an assault drone?  Is that legal?!??

</sarcasm>

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 11:23:26 PM »
Nah Dave, it only takes one pic per push of the button, and up to 10 pics total. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• View Profile

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal