WEAPONS > Firearms

Another M4 build

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
 used a display lower that was custom made for the pilots on a project I worked on in the Stan. It had collected too much dust, but now it will be spraying copper and lead on a regular basis!

THe second build is a scratch POF lower reciever using DPMS small parts kit, and some custom stuff.
Here's the mess:

Flyin6:
The DPMS pieces parts are very affordable, but as I was soon to find out not necessarily the best fitting and not all made for the POF lower...Did I memtion I learned?? Well I REALLY LEARNED as you will soon see ;-((

Flyin6:
The magazine release went right in

Flyin6:
That's where easy ended for me.
THe M4 build directions I was referencing called for the bolt release to be installed next and retained with a press in pin. Little did I know that the POF lower retains the bolt release with a threaded stud...yea...
So I taped up the reciever and started to tap the reluctant pin into place. It just wasn't going but I persisted, then it suddenly gave, or did it? Upon close inspection, I noticed I cracked a small piece off the bolt release pin boss!!!!!

Man, I was/am bummed.
This is not just any reciever.
The serial number of this one is 00160!
I was a 160th pilot, the hargest to get into aviation unit in the armed forces! I had a reciever with the unit's number as the serial number! And I just cracked it!!!!!!!!

Well, I am not trashing it, maybe it is repairable, if not, I will use some epoxy on it and paint over it and put the weapon in the gun case on display!

But I am going to shoot it, maybe just once, cracked or not!

Flyin6:
The bad pic, in more ways than one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version