Hello Guest

Author Topic: Are you tracking?  (Read 926 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Are you tracking?
« on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:32 AM »
Modern diesel electric locomotives can generate somewhere between six and seven-thousand horsepower. They have transported millions of tons of commodities from coast to coast and they are largely responsible for the occupation and industrialization of our nation, but you can’t steer one.

Trains embark on a predetermined destination, largely automated nowadays, but fundamentally they are confined to their tracks. The proprietors of the railroad industry laid out courses of travel from coast to coast. Thusly, trains traverse the deepest of canyons and gorges, to the highest of mountain ranges. The Cascade Tunnel in the Great Northwest penetrates solid rock for nearly 8 miles in order to get trains where they need to go.

Have you laid your tracks so you can get to where you need to go?? I didn’t. I failed to lay my tracks as expeditiously as I should have. I rushed to build my train and set myself up for failure. It took me a while to realize, but I manage my failures one cross tie and eight spikes at a time. I’m not the only one. We have all been failures at some point.

Some people drive cars and can’t help but spin their wheels. Some captains struggle to keep their boats afloat, and some pilots never even leave the ground. Even in the best of circumstances each of these can easily stray because of the erroneous human element which steers them.

Trains however, don’t get lost. In absence of catastrophe, a train will remain on its tracks until it reaches its goal. Even if a train derails, the tracks continue.

Set goals and lay the tracks to your own predetermined destiny. Build your train and invite good people aboard. Embark on the great journey of life with peace of mind knowing you have laid a solid transit through trial and tribulation. If you derail, and you might, know that the track goes on and all you need to do is work on getting back on it.

In a world of Kia’s and Hyundai’s, be a damn train! It’s hard to stop a train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Are you tracking?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »
Hear-Hear!

Well said Soldier! :likebutton:

Pilot observation: Grunts don't talk like that...But this guy sez he's a grunt...Opinions menses??  :beercheers:

Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 01:58:31 PM »
Well said!

:beercheers:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 06:45:31 AM »
Good stuff  :likebutton:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
It’s over my head. I’ll I know Is to keep my head down and try to outwork the people around me.

(Actually it’s pretty good, Blaine)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal