Hello Guest

Author Topic: My New Land "Raptor Ridge"  (Read 94415 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My New Land "Raptor Ridge"
« Reply #1400 on: May 31, 2022, 07:31:26 PM »
JR take a look at steel prices since you placed the order. Especially if they hit you for a surcharge as steel prices went up. They are headed back down from what I hear so it may be appropriate to re adjust the pricing down just as they did on the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 31, 2022, 09:07:02 PM »
Holding my breath if they offer me something at all. They did a big relocation when covid hit but that is not my problem.

I don't watch metal prices but where I buy my steel they tell me it has gotten better.

I got a call about an hour later and new ship date of Aug 11th. 30k lb load with a 10k drop off in Reno before mine.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 01, 2022, 11:35:03 PM »
My phone is on the fritz. texting my pics to myself.

Putting solar in the container and will run to TH on arrival. Should get me by for years, well past the building at least

Four 12v 200AH lithium batteries running a 48v Hybrid inverter, 3500 watts that will charge solar panels I have.

Inverter;  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092HW4TX8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Batteries;https://www.amazon.com/Lithium-LiFePO4-Overland-Off-Grid-Application/dp/B088RM4W48/ref=pd_cart_vw_crc_1_1/140-9290901-7557959?_encoding=UTF8&content-id=amzn1.sym.01004c92-8f40-4f1a-bee8-08cb36dccac2&pd_rd_i=B088RM4W48&pd_rd_r=477eb50f-e4e8-4d9c-a422-69c82072a59f&pd_rd_w=N8mwE&pd_rd_wg=4mvD4&pf_rd_p=01004c92-8f40-4f1a-bee8-08cb36dccac2&pf_rd_r=B78CTNZN8TCNQ978PJ36&refRID=B78CTNZN8TCNQ978PJ36&th=1

Just ordered all the wiring, switches and such. Plus can charge via a genorator for those hot nights needing AC.

The 4 batteries are balancing/charging right now. They fit in the 2 lower shelves of the paint cabinet (some handle trimming)

5 year warranty on all the stuff, now to figure the solar setup. Plan on 4-6 panels for now, max input 140vdc/4000watts.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 05:04:31 PM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 02, 2022, 12:55:59 AM »
With my son there, we started on erecting the awning. I thought it was a 12x20, its a 10x15 but can be expanded. Wind picked up so couldn't do the panels.

His reward was using the honda 300 I got from a neighbor, guy who sold me the land. He was catching air soon enough.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 02, 2022, 07:24:24 AM »
My phone is on the fritz. texting my pics to myself.

Putting solar in the container and will run to TH on arrival. Should get me by for years, well past the building at least

Four 12v 200AH lithium batteries running a 48v Hybrid inverter, 3500 watts that will charge solar panels I have.

Inverter;  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092HW4TX8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Batteries; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092HW4TX8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Just ordered all the wiring, switches and such. Plus can charge via a genorator for those hot nights needing AC.

The 4 batteries are balancing/charging right now. They fit in the 2 lower shelves of the paint cabinet (some handle trimming)

5 year warranty on all the stuff, now to figure the solar setup. Plan on 4-6 panels for now, max input 140vdc/4000watts.

You posted the same link twice. What are you using for a battery monitor? I installed a Victron smart shunt in my camper. I like it so far.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 02, 2022, 09:56:49 AM »
So good watching your children playing on their own land. Good job!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 02, 2022, 05:16:52 PM »
Fixed the link. The hybrid inverter does it all and has an on screen monitor.

Each battery has its own BMS, so can't over/undercharge.

Wifi monitor would be nice, checking.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 02, 2022, 11:44:09 PM »
I actually returned the 3500 watt inverter and got a 5000 watt. Same brand but won't push it as hard and it takes 400vdc solar input vs just 140vdc for the 3500.

Has good reviews and looks like about 1/2 the inverters are identical. You have to weed through the reviews as many are for other rated inverters. Both the batteries and inverter have a 5 year warranty.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 19, 2022, 04:45:52 PM »
$400 in fuel later and another trip to the Ridge.

Haven't used the Dug much, had a diesel leak somewhere and finally addressed it. It was just a return line, but what a pain. Hose were just push on, trying to find something was harder. Needs a wash now, not to bad but the diesel is making the dirt stick.

Upper fitting is plastic, lower metal and both barbed. Rubbed through right at the zip tie.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 04:50:19 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 19, 2022, 04:56:00 PM »
Got the 5k inverter mounted on the side of the paint cabinet where the batteries are. Punched out a vent plug that is right behind the Inv for the wires.

Will use 6-8 panels for the charging and simple plug strip for power when finished.

Son is loving the Quad. Getting a real feel for it now. He is wearing a helmet with little coaching. This is a same boy who broke his arm.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: June 19, 2022, 05:40:48 PM »
Time for an ATV that’s designed for jumpin before he hurts him self or. Move to two wheels!!!

That boy should be in hog heaven!! All them trails and property

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 21, 2022, 01:31:59 AM »
Yeah, get that leak fixed… that fuel is liquid gold.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 29, 2022, 11:58:11 AM »
Oh, its fixed and back in use.

Heading up today. Playing with solar setup, general cleaning and possibly rotate the connections.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:34:10 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 06, 2022, 02:20:05 AM »
Still have an ETA for the building first part of Aug. give or take.

Family will be on vacation in Mexico I was informed about today. I wasn't consulted nor do I really want to go to hot place when its hot here. Wife unit does not think about "all things" and I am not really happy about the whole trip. I informed her she needs my permission to take the kids out of the country. Mulling this over some.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 06, 2022, 08:01:00 AM »

Family will be on vacation in Mexico I was informed about today. I wasn't consulted nor do I really want to go to hot place when its hot here. Wife unit does not think about "all things" and I am not really happy about the whole trip. I informed her she needs my permission to take the kids out of the country. Mulling this over some.
There is no chance in the near future I’d be going to Mexico.  It wasn’t two weeks after our trip to Cancun that the Cancun airport got shot up by the cartel.  No chance!!!! I mean you can’t even go to parades here in the US!!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 06, 2022, 12:18:59 PM »

There is no chance in the near future I’d be going to Mexico.  It wasn’t two weeks after our trip to Cancun that the Cancun airport got shot up by the cartel.  No chance!!!! I mean you can’t even go to parades here in the US!!

Depends on where you attend that parade.

In Illinois, almost no one is allowed to carry a gun. Therefore a criminal would know that he is largely unopposed and would feel he could get away with it

Now if that shooter attempted to do that in Kentucky, there would be fifty guns in the hands of regular people within 200 feet of him. Many/some of us would close the distance and kill him dead to stop the threat. Therefore, the only person who would attempt a shooting in the Tucky would do so knowing he would die at the hands of the citizens.

The answer is to arm the population and allow for personal protection.

At first, lots of people get shot, mostly people who need to get shot, like criminals these liberal DA's are letting loose. Some mentally ill would get shot, and there would be blue-on-blue engagements. But give it a season and I believe peace would largely be restored.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 09, 2022, 10:01:01 PM »
Don, stop using logic in the firearms debate.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 09, 2022, 10:40:13 PM »
Don, stop using logic in the firearms debate.
My bad!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 10, 2022, 06:13:56 PM »
Looks like the bobcat Exc is sold. Guy gave me $1000 down today, picking up in a couple days. Need to finish the quick attach buckets and fix a water leak is all.

Paid 15K for it, settled on 21k. I probably put 2 into it so a fair profit.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 10, 2022, 07:12:17 PM »
That’s excellent !

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 10, 2022, 08:33:21 PM »
Well, it gets me even for the Cat 305 I still need to RR a little. Just enough for a solid machine this time.

I have been going over the plans for the building. OMG the foundation is crazy. Calls for 4x4x4ft pads under all the pillars.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 10, 2022, 09:18:30 PM »
Well, it gets me even for the Cat 305 I still need to RR a little. Just enough for a solid machine this time.

I have been going over the plans for the building. OMG the foundation is crazy. Calls for 4x4x4ft pads under all the pillars.
4X4X4????????

Trying to make it windproof in supersonic wind gusts?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 17, 2022, 01:01:06 AM »
Yep, there are 8 that are 4x4x4 (F2), two at 3x3x3 (F1) and the rear looks like just the 2ft footing.

Asked the company about pouring in stages, they said it is a mono pour. I may still do the perimeter and slab separate. Would it really matter with all the rebar.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 01:02:22 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 17, 2022, 09:28:23 AM »
I think you could put a cell tower on a 4x4x4

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 17, 2022, 09:43:48 AM »
I think you could put a cell tower on a 4x4x4

Concur

So why I wonder? Higher wind loading? Keep aliens from using a tractor beam and pulling you into low earth orbit? What?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: July 17, 2022, 11:32:29 PM »
I only need a 30ft load for snow, winds do get bad but I am in a good spot for that.

As said, probably do a part poor. I mean there is enough rebar in there for a ship!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 30, 2022, 10:41:53 PM »
Well, still have not heard from "great western buildings" for a promised Aug 10th delivery date. Should have as they want payment 2-3 weeks before, past that. Not so great so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,

On another note I got a wacker today for $250. Needs a boot ($80) but runs good. Figure no renting this way and lots of use for it coming up (hopefully)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 01, 2022, 02:19:54 PM »
Well, more "normal" news from GWB, whom I doubt I will ever use or recommend to anyone.

Now I am being told late Sept, not Aug 10th. Hadn't heard from them for payment, so I had to reach out to find this out.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:29:00 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 01, 2022, 08:07:01 PM »
I feel your pain man. So hard to be waiting for something that you have absolutely no control over.
I am still waiting for the electrician to come back and finish up. Then insulation and sheetrock.
I am so sick of all the COVID excuses, not just waiting on parts but waiting on the phone or waiting in line for checkout at a store.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 15, 2022, 03:43:00 PM »
Well, another call from GWB, Eric Beavers the CEO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no answer on callback.

Now they are telling me early Oct. Possibly looking at weather issues then.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 15, 2022, 09:14:26 PM »
Hate to say it but it may be time to get a lawyer involved.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 16, 2022, 08:26:04 AM »
Agree Ryan. They are probably shuffling the least angry to the rear. 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 16, 2022, 02:14:05 PM »
I am between a rock and a hard place on that.

With what I have invested in everything, plans, permits deposit I really doubt it would get me anywhere.

Being a civil thing and out of state another 2 months now seems trivial.

I will continue to post here and then start flooding YT vids if it gets worse. And I am not even ready to build, still have the foundation to pour.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 16, 2022, 08:30:57 PM »
And I thought my garage project was really being drug out.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 17, 2022, 03:18:22 PM »
Well, as delivery gets pushed out GWB has done an "I'm Sorry" form letter to customers.

Doesn't get me my building faster, doesn't offer any compensation and doesn't get me my original contract price.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 03:23:57 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 17, 2022, 05:33:56 PM »
Well, I think they got you by the short hairs. Get an attorney involved now and they the attorneys win no matter what. I think everyone is playing the same game, blame it all on the COVID. How long do we now wait on hold for a response from someone on the phone or in your case the delivery of an item. Sorry you are caught in the middle and don’t have a good answer for you. If they are/were a good solid company when you placed your order, I guess you wait it out. Cancel out and start over would be terrible.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 21, 2022, 05:06:47 PM »
Well, I went to the Ridge this weekend to install the well pump.

However this picture shows what they called a 7 years storm going through. Yep hard enough to set off the camera.

I dealt with a few "other" things than the well.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 21, 2022, 06:59:21 PM »
Had a little runoff from behind the pad and the road needed TLC. Pad had a couple low spots, was like a dried lake bed.

Worst part was that Dug got burried along with a couple feet on the back of the container.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 21, 2022, 08:38:49 PM »
How did dug dig out of that?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 21, 2022, 09:23:42 PM »
Knew I was in trouble with Dug when I got in to try to get it out and saw silt was about 1-2 inches deep on the shallow side. Popped the lid and there is silt about 8 inches or more inside the engine compartment. This is the real fine crud to as the only access is via the cooling slots out back. It won't start now either. Battery seems OK, plugs cycle up OK, but no turn or click. Yes I dug it out best I could with the Kub.

Before I left I took all the runoff and filled the pad low areas. Then dug a trench along the upper wall (about 2/3s whats needed) and made sure the water has a clear channel around the pad to the culvert. Also cut a couple drains for the pad near the well.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 09:24:25 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: August 21, 2022, 09:31:39 PM »
No, Dug is still there. We tried to pull it out but no.

Nieghbor who helped said his shipping container was covered on the hill side also about the same.

Other neighbor I was told had his garage filled to about knee height. This house was the one my truck almost rolled down the hill to. Pretty much base of the hills and he built right on the floor.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 21, 2022, 09:43:05 PM »
Bummer
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 22, 2022, 12:06:27 AM »
Hmm, thought I had posted this already. Little older pic but it works with this.

I knew some runoff would need to be controlled, hense the culvert placed in the natural runoff.

Some lines added showing what I did Sat, but more to go. Somehow the county thinks the culvert is level with the pad, its about 4-5ft lower. With the trench I dug (needs to go another 30-40ft) that controls all the runoff on that side. Some needs to be done on the other side but waiting for the Exc to work on that. Kub worked OK but the exc has more power and stability.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 22, 2022, 06:15:32 AM »
Water is hard to control.  Hope Dug is an easy fix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 22, 2022, 05:34:50 PM »
How did dug dig out of that?

dig dug dave, dig dug
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 23, 2022, 09:49:22 AM »
So what if the digger needs digging
And if the digger is named dug, and you have to dig
Can we mix tenses here?
If you did the digging yesterday
Then you would have dug, Dug
So today, then, is Dug, digging, or does it need dug?
You will certainly need Dug, dug, so you can continue digging!
And if it needs dug (in the kintuckee vernacular),
What's going to do the digging, to get Dug, dug...
If the digger isn't digging?
Is there any digging at all, since Dug was likely, not dug?
And what about the other digger, since Dug was apparently dug by some other digger?
I wonder what is the name of the guy doing the digging to free dug?
____ ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:52:36 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 23, 2022, 10:20:34 AM »
Not Dave.

You’re starting to sound like Dr Seuss.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 23, 2022, 11:52:20 AM »
DigDug
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 23, 2022, 05:27:04 PM »
Tater, I think we're on to something...

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 24, 2022, 04:12:28 PM »
Tate, why does that work for me?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:40:53 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal