Hello Guest

Author Topic: College football opening weekend  (Read 2423 times)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
College football opening weekend
« on: September 05, 2015, 07:43:26 PM »
It's a great day. All day football games. I was asked if I wanted to go to a fair that's in the area, I declined. It's a football and hang out with Bear day.

On that note, Nate I need some 'Q. Football without BBQ isn't the same.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

OldKooT

Re: College football opening weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:47:46 PM »
I tried to be productive and work on Anvil... I watched the Huskers struggle instead. But the ribs were good and so was the Sam Adams, so not a all bad way to kill a few hours.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 11:22:32 PM »
My Dawgs lost a close one to Boise State last night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 08:47:46 AM »
I tried to be productive and work on Anvil... I watched the Huskers struggle instead. But the ribs were good and so was the Sam Adams, so not a all bad way to kill a few hours.

Husker game was a heart breaker.  But I was impressed that they actually made adjustments and fought back.   Teams in the past would have layed over and died.  Sucked to get a loss first game but I saw some positive things.  I'm still optimistic about the season. 

OldKooT

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:10:17 AM »
Well lets face it. As Husker fans we have to be optimistic..confidence eludes us LoL

I felt they did show some traits I was happy to see. They also showed to be young and struggling. I won't be selling my season tickets anytime soon, but I am prepared to cope with a "growth season" yet again. We lack experience and defined talent in many positions....most actually.

It was nice to see the Badgers less than great game as well. That said they would crush us at today's playing level. Our D line struggled with BYU, Wis would stomp us to pieces. I am crossing my fingers when we meet Wis in Lincoln, I can be proud of both teams.. Heavy prayer will be required LoL

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »
Kinda' that way for Kentucky football fans as well.

Forces some of us to other teams...which isn't easy...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 09:22:13 AM »
WOW- you guys have no clue about loyalty.......I'm surrounded by CUBS fans.....now THAT is loyalty!  Not a baseball fan by the way, but would REALLY like to see the Flubs pull it off for everyone else that I know!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

OldKooT

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »
Don't underestimate us Husker fans on the loyalty side of things. Game day "laws" regarding wearing team colors are very much in force. Don't be "that guy" caught at the gas station with no Husker colors on game day.

Our ministers will ask for prayers on Sunday for next weeks game. Game day around time of the game, Wall Mart will be deserted. Most of the employee's will be in the TV section watching the game LoL

The mass exodus to the game for ticket holders Sat morning is a sight to behold. The tailgating is amazing, nowhere do you find food as good as a Husker tailgate. We even have a tradition of feeding the opposing fans, win or loose.

I pay $1200 for a season to have a game day parking spot a mile from the stadium. It's stupid really LoL Especially since we often tailgate as my wife loves to make elaborate amazing prime rib sandwiches and steamed corn and such for the fans.

Fans here are more than loyal, they love their team. My wife and I once found ourselves traveling and there was a big away game. We were listening to it on the radio, it was a close game. We pulled into a rest area to listen un distracted with driving, and found a trucker with his TV on the hood of his truck and 30 people standing around. When it was not looking good one man yells "everyone say a prayer, our boys aren't going to win this alone..." heads bowed.

Yesterday was the sec to last day of our state fair. My daughter is down there exhibiting and competing. She said a hour before the game the place emptied LoL It filled back up a hour after the game was done. 

Nebraska fans are a different breed, the Sea of Red, it's a real deal.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
I have always liked the Huskers....my Dad was always a Michigan fan so his buddy who was an Ohio state fan would send me buckeye t shirts when I was a kid. Ha. College football is a great sport. I follow it but not insanely so. I do like the Patriots though for sure. And they've turned into the team everyone loves to hate now...I get that. But I'm looking forward to seeing a fired up pi**ed off Brady this year....last time he was this mad (after the spying nonsense) it didn't turn out well for the opposition! Well...until the Super Bowl. ::)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 11:05:58 AM »
I watched the Nebraska/BYU game.. that last throw DANG.

I didn't see the last half of the Badger game. But what what I did see it was as good game.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 11:19:57 AM »

Don't underestimate us Husker fans on the loyalty side of things.

Nebraska fans are a different breed, the Sea of Red, it's a real deal.

Longest sell out streak of any sport in America isn't it? Over 340 games now, dating back to 1962... Very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal