Hello Guest

Author Topic: Monster Quad  (Read 2961 times)

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
Monster Quad
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »
I stole this from a friend last year for a song and a dance. Its a 2011 Can-Am Renegade 800r.  I've been riding every other weekend with the boys (8 and 10) since they were old enough to ride 50cc dirt bikes and we have gradually moved them through different sized bikes/quads. Ive had my fair share of bikes/quads/SXS but I had the chance to ride one of these years ago and always told myself that if the opportunity presented itself I would own one.  Hands down this is the best quad I have ever ridden, comfortable, nimble, fast as hell and torque for days. It will pull wheelies at 30-40 mph....ridiculous. its 4WD but acts like its a sport quad, its heavy (>700lbs) but doesn't feel like a blocky, awkward utility quad.  Once I get some pics ill let you see the rest of it.

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Quad
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »
Nice. Pretty "sporty" looking for such a large quad.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »
Nice. Can't wait to hear/see more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:20:47 AM »
Fluid change perhaps?????
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 11:53:30 AM »
Probably a few things in it future- full skid plates, couple lighting upgrades,  winch & new tires/beadlocks soon. Ive already changed all the fluids....multiple times... these v-twins can be touchy if you miss the maintenance. the computers on them are ridiculous, they know exactly what s going on inside that engine...never thought I would see they day when I could plug my scanner into my quad.

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
a little elf told me last night that Mrs. Claus might have made a purchase from ricochet skid plates... and shes not happy about him letting that secret out... needless to say im excited for that!!!

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 10:30:59 PM »
I've been moving the box of skid plates around the shop for 6 months now. Finally had an evening to get some time to myself.
Before

After

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 10:35:27 PM »
Some decent bike specific instructions and  a free tshirt I didn't know I got out of the deal

You can see the huge difference in the tiny front stock skid plate. To the full undercarriage coverage front to back

The center plate is a monster. I'm pretty impressed with the construction. Everything lined up and went on easily. The thickness in the plates was also a deciding factor on the ricochet brand.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »
Beef-E!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 10:55:57 PM »
Some serious armour added there!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 12:04:33 AM »
Those are solid, rocks beware.

LEDs have come a long way since you mentioned them.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 08:13:02 AM »
Wow, serious heft and apparent quality!  Looks good- :D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 01:14:48 PM »
We took a week trip last month to Heppner Oregon ORV park. Last camping trip of the year, it was a good one. 4 families, 16 bikes/quads/rzr between the whole lot of us. My wife had made a front pack harness long ago when my boys were little, allows me to stand up and keep her stuck to me because its inevitable she will fall asleep within 5 minutes. (notice the blue bungee to keep her helmet up) Mind you this is family "pack riding" where you don't see speeds over 5-8 mph, where most of the riders are under 7-8 yrs old. The dads have to go out on their own during nap time to do the high speed blasting and sketchy trail rides. Good times. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal