Hello Guest

Author Topic: Expert Advice  (Read 3079 times)

Offline duramaxdarren

• self proclaimed nice guy
  • Registered
  • hooper drives the boat chief
    • View Profile
Expert Advice
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »
Don,
I believe i'm in the right section here so i was thinking about having a spot where questions can be answered. I figure that we a great bunch of true experts and liscensed guys in their own chosen fields and professions. i'd like to put knowledge out there for people to call on. I can advise on whats legal and covered by my code to help someone make their project go more smoothly and prevent any un wanted electrical mishaps. I also can field just about any question with regards to troubleshooting(which is my true favorite thing to tackle) a problem anyone may have. i can also advise on materials and the proper installation of said things. I so much knowledge i was so blessed to have gained( and still to this day from my mentor) that i felt compelled to offer to you guys. I'd like see plumbers and the like. i Also carry my construction supervisor ticket and have a brother thats a plumber a father who still has the auto shop and a brother in law in HVAC. This gives all the more ability to help anyone here that wants needs it. I am more than happy to help
07 gmc crew lbz

Offline duramaxdarren

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Expert Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:04:11 PM »
perhaps i need help on proof reading.....ugh and to think i got an A in English
07 gmc crew lbz

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 10:22:41 PM »
Darren,

This is definitely the spot.
This section is a bit on the new side so it will likely tale a bit of time to pick up speed, but your offer to help folks is gladly accepted!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:23:04 PM »
Absolutely! Definitely appreciate the offer of expertise. Be warned, I will take you up on it...
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 12:12:11 AM »
Yep, I know enough to be dangerous and rarely ask for help.....hopefully this will change things.  I can say that as a young child, I became enthralled with the concept of electricity after watching my father gravitate, then accelerate, at a high rate of speed into the wall after discharging a power supply from an old Curtis Mathis television set with a screwdriver he was holding....

And for you youngsters, Curtis Mathis was THE television set to have back in the day.  Furniture grade cabinet with rolling doors to conceal the TV when not in use.  All tube chassis before small chipsets were the norm.  Weighed about as much as Don's front bumper on Square D.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 12:13:53 AM »

And the first home entertainment center....

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:16:17 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 02:56:17 AM »
I remember the CM stuff and our first color TV, a Zenith 25 inch so we could see Apollo 11, memories,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You know, not really claim to be good at woodworking, but I guess I do OK.

Besides the basic stuff we all play with, I build a 3 car garage with a 2nd story after a fire in 2006. I may have posted it before, but here is a link again; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704660&highlight=garage

Now most of this was built with HF air tools and a small 2.5hp 6gal compressor.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:56:48 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »
WOW Fred!  That's an epic build- almost like a full fluid change!  Very nice-
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »
Yep, I know enough to be dangerous and rarely ask for help.....hopefully this will change things.  I can say that as a young child, I became enthralled with the concept of electricity after watching my father gravitate, then accelerate, at a high rate of speed into the wall after discharging a power supply from an old Curtis Mathis television set with a screwdriver he was holding....

And for you youngsters, Curtis Mathis was THE television set to have back in the day.  Furniture grade cabinet with rolling doors to conceal the TV when not in use.  All tube chassis before small chipsets were the norm.  Weighed about as much as Don's front bumper on Square D.
We had one
Weighed more!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline duramaxdarren

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 08:01:52 PM »
i am more than happy to contribute here. i really enjoying people with my profession :D
07 gmc crew lbz

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 08:44:22 PM »
I have called darren and gotten how to from him twice now.  Great upstanding man!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal