Hello Guest

Author Topic: Captain Chunk's Grotto  (Read 2754 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Captain Chunk's Grotto
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:09:30 AM »
so we have a pot bellied pig named "chunk" (i named him). being a kid who grew up with the Goonies, i call him Captain Chunk. Anyways, he needs a little dry sleeping spot in the yard and instead of me dropping crazy lettuce on yet another animal that just takes massive, smelly craps, i am going to utilitze the existing supports/framing of our new deck and build it under the deck.

rough sizing will be 6x6x2.5'

it shouldnt take me long to build as it's pretty straightforward. I will be adding solar panels to the deck roof (24x12)' so i can run power in there for a small space heater. I'll post pics when done.

ill post on the solar project later.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Chunk's Grotto
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
Can he do the truffle shuffle? LOL I don't think I would put a pig under my deck. But i am not familiar with Pot belly pigs. Just the ones that take massive smelly craps.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 07:47:39 AM »
Can he do the truffle shuffle? LOL I don't think I would put a pig under my deck. But i am not familiar with Pot belly pigs. Just the ones that take massive smelly craps.

he's smaller and will max out at about 80 pounds or so. we did have him fixed - which took care of the awful crap stink. don't get me wrong, they do still smell, but nothing like when he still had all of his naughty bits.

so captain chunk's grotto was a total disaster. partly because of the timing of the construction and because my wife decided to insert her concerns and opinions ever 34.2 seconds which required numerous design changes. it got real windy which made going anything safely near impossible. then it rained some of the hardest i'd ever seen because we even had it finished - so it flooded and the whole work area turned into a mud wasteland.

yesterday after work, i put up gutters on the deck which solved some of the water issues, but had to put a tarp over the area because my attempt to seal it was a royal failure.

I hope to have this stupid project done today so i can actually move onto something else a bit more appealing.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:33:29 AM »
Where are the pics of all the fun?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »

there was no fun. my backyard looks like the stereotypical trailer trash redneck paradise.

tarps, dog kennels, mud, grill, piles of wood and bricks.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:15 AM »

there was no fun. my backyard looks like the stereotypical trailer trash redneck paradise.

Good!

Called "the start point"

Pic the thread up

Then it will motivate you to add shots of the improvements

See what I did there?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 09:54:50 AM »

Good!

Called "the start point"

Pic the thread up

Then it will motivate you to add shots of the improvements

See what I did there?

the air of frustration has put blinders on my eyes to what you did there.

it's less of captain chunk's grotto and more of captain chunk's ghetto.

game plan for today is to get that stupid thing done.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 10:41:36 AM »
IM DONE.

so i've been battling this pig house for months already and last night i threw my hands up. I cannot keep this thing water tight. the foam sealant i used has failed, the gasket around the "service entrance" has solved a small issue, but no matter what i've done i cant keep the insides dry.

we've had chuck schumer's tears pouring down on tx since saturday am and as of last night, i through a tarp over the top and put down 2 sections of plywood.

I will be building a standalone structure for Chunk Norris and converting his hidey hole into outdoor storage.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »
I used a chain link dog kennel.  that way it is locatable, you know like putting in the garden spot in the off months.  Added some reused metal roof panels and a dog house.  Done.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:35:47 AM by Atkinsmatt »
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 09:12:39 AM »
I used a chain link dog kennel.  that way it is locatable, you know like putting in the garden spot in the off months.  Added some reused metal roof panels and a dog house.  Done.

2.0 is gunna be like a dog house.

For now i have to rely on the tarp - it's helped, but there is still one area where water is getting in and i cant quite locate it.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 12:33:42 PM »
Sounds like you need to go all "Tac-Topper" on it.......sawz-alls and two Pre-teen boys to rain down hatred and malice on it!  The Ghetto, not the swine!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal