Hello Guest

Author Topic: Water conditioning?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
Water conditioning?
« on: July 14, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
I figured this forum is the closest it comes to 'house stuff'... feel free to move if there is better spot.

Anyone have a water softener/conditioner in your house? Any recommendations? We had the Kinetico guy come and give us the dog and pony show a while back, but i just can't stomach the $4-5k price tag when there are systems out there for half. Haven't had anyone else out yet.

Kinetico - $$$ - reliable but if it does break, have to pay them to fix (proprietary). uses very little salt. Good reviews.
Culligan - $$$ - proprietary, electric valve.
Rainsoft - $$$ - proprietary, terrible reviews
Aquasana - $$ - not great reviews.
Fleck - $$ - parts are readily available to fix it myself if it comes to that. electric valve. good reviews.
EcoWater - $$$ - mediocre reviews. proprietary. sold through Costco, so at least there is a good return policy (I hope)

No really interested in the Kenmore/GE units that the big box stores sell. They don't have as good of reviews from what I've seen.

annnnnnnd, go!  :smiley:
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Water conditioning?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
We had a rainsoft unit in our GA home, actually liked it, outside of the price. Our current house has one from a company that only serves Phoenix from what I understand, American water soft or something. They come highly rated but, I personally would rather have our old system, worked better, used less salt and less water.

If you ever have a rainsoft guy come out and do their dog and pony show make a low ball offer and stick with it, they'll probably give in. If not don't buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »
Yeah, that's one thing I keep reading about Rainsoft -- they'll call you back a few hours later with a "scratch and dent" or "Home show model" unit for a couple grand less. Not sure I want to do business with a company that employs that kind of sales tactic.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 07:23:05 PM »
When we bought ours, I flat out told him I'll pay X amount, tonight only.

Then he played the typical game of phone conversation garbage with his manager. Then we got a home show model for less than half price.

Completely understand not wanting to deal with that. For what it's worth, we also got a free dinner out of it, and 10years of soap supply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal