Hello Guest

Author Topic: My build up  (Read 19136 times)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
My build up
« on: September 18, 2014, 10:45:20 AM »
So my cousin is getting married in June off next year, neat, however I'm standing up in the wedding (Bobby in a suit?!?!). I've been slacking in the gym as of late, so I shall henceforth be doing non-fun 2 a day cycles at the gym. The "routine" if one wishes to call it such, will consist of:

Cardio ( I used to love running, now not so much)
Free Weights
The Army standards (push ups,situps, pull ups, running -see above)
CrossFit
Diet

I will be updating progress here. I'm going to take things slow at first to work back into the insanity. The start time for all this fun is NLT 1Oct.

Remember: I am not a fitness guru, I just do what I've done since I was in the Army, and add in weights and CrossFit, so what works for me won't necessarily work for you. However, if I can help you in someway shape or form, don't be afraid to PM me or post a question up in here.

Just remember, I work a normal shift, but I do get the "can you come cover", or "someone called in, can you make it in by..." . It may seem like I'm ignoring you, but I will respond soon as I can.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:27:44 AM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: My build up
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »
I know remember why I absolutely HATE running on a treadmill. Anyway, the project still continues, I'd be adding weights into my updates, but when I get off work and get to the gym, the weight area is packed.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 11:18:15 PM »
Yes, I'm still at it people, and some mornings I wake up and I feel older than I am. However, I added a new twist to the routine, what is it you ask? Well allow me to tell you.... I play ball with my German Shepherd, Bear. I take him up to the football field and throw his ball, while constantly moving, then start running, he sprints, I sprint, he walks... well you get the pic.

I find it fun since, you aren't running a steady pace for long, you're constantly switching it up, and it tires him out, which is always a good thing.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:56 PM »
Awesome!

So where is Bobby now?

Let's see the BPC

(Bobby Progress Chart)

Me and Duane, being the analytical chart makin' types will probably look at your progress vs the effort you are making, according to your supplied program or a WOWP (Warrant Officer Work-out Program) and come up with some sort of a factor.

A positive number will mean it is worth all the effort. a negative number will mean the dog is staying well exercised and happy, but bobby is KH (Kiddin' himself)

So let's see it?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 07:44:28 PM »
What you want to know how much I weigh or something? What my caloric intake is vs what I burn off? Or you want to see my maxs' and the progression with that?

Honestly, I could do all of them if you guys want to see the track. I can start it all next week. The hardest part would be the calories intake vs burn off. But I'll do what I can.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 08:57:28 PM »
Mainly I just wanted to bust your chops, ya know standard pilot/grunt stuff

But really, put down a starting weight as in body weight, and periodically post up where you are...

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 12:00:26 AM »

But really, put down a starting weight as in body weight, and periodically post up where you are...

Ok, I'll keep a weekly update for that. If, I can get Excel to start working, I'll make something graph-like, since pilots (or officers in general) like looking at pretty colors, numbers and doo dads, and making appreciative grunts and non-committal finger points and head nods, usually whilst sitting in a TOC with a cup of hot coffee.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 07:22:43 AM »

usually whilst sitting in a TOC with a cup of hot coffee.....

Nailed us!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 09:53:16 AM »
Nailed us!

Not my first time making that observation...   :)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »
This isn't really part of my workout (of which I've been slacking on for 2 weeks).

According to the VA, 22 Vets commit suicide everyday for various reasons. That's 1 every 65 minutes. Which is an unaccceptable number to me. I'm part of a military charity called H.O.O.A.H. (Helping Out Our American Heroes). The Wisconsin chapter, for the last 2 years, on Veteran's Day, does a ruck march to raise awareness to this problem. We raise donations and ruck 22 miles.

It took about 6 hrs 35 mins to do the march. I was walking with a short girl, so I modified my pace. Last year my pack weighed 38 lbs, this year they set the weight at 22lbs in memory of the Vets. I believe we had around 90-100 people rucking, some were just walk ups. Some have never even attempted to ruck, let alone that distance, so that was kind of cool.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:30:42 AM by BobbyB »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 08:40:19 AM »
Good cause Bobby

I was on the streets Monday night talking with a homeless vet, I talked about him in my homeless thread. He smelled of alcohol. Had been shot in the neck and head, was all messed up. He had a place for the short time, but I don't know what to do except meet him and talk to him, give him money and feed him...

It just totally sucks that these folks carry this. He wasn't concerned about the fact that he had been shot, but that his buddy killed the 11 year old Afghan girl who shot him. Kept talking about that.

Easier for us aviators I think. I get in an orbit then pour on the fire until the stuff stops coming up, then go home and eat spaghetti. You grunts...not the same.

God bless all of you!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »
Well it's the day after, still cold outside. My calves and traps are screaming. My feet and ankles aren't bad.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:50:47 PM by BobbyB »

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »
Went to the gym today before work, did a quick workout, no I didn't write down the weights or get a max or weigh myself. Was running behind my self imposed schedule.

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:59 PM »
When you forget to put your shaker ball in your two scooper shake!

The struggle is real! Got any updates??
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 07:48:09 PM »
When you forget to put your shaker ball in your two scooper shake!

The struggle is real! Got any updates??

The struggle is VERY real!

No haven't been going to the gym. Correction, I did 2x since my last update. Been stupid busy at work. People call in/whatever the case may be, and I go in early, or stay late. But, I also found out I start a new shift 2Jan, so I'll have beaucoup time to workout after I leave work, which is nice. Love it when work schedules mesh with workout schedules.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 12:36:13 PM »
Update:

Since April, I've lost 32 lbs. Haven't been lifting, mostly watching what I eat.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 12:37:40 PM »
Way to go Bobby. Great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »
awesome
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Good stuff Bobby!
I'm watching what I eat as well, but it's from ate to mouth rather than the way you are.
Keep up the good work, maybe it'll rub off on me... 8)
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »
If my computer decides to cooperate, I will post up the spreadsheet I use. Calculates the Fats,Sodium,Carbs, and some other stuff.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 03:42:29 PM »
Hey Bobby-

Since Vertigo episode, I've been using a Fitbit (Fat Bit for me) and a phone app that sync. with it called "my fitness pal" which lets you set parameters such as sodium limits and calorie limits.  You enter what you eat (extensive data base and ability to plug in own recipes too Nate) and it tracks you calories etc.  Since April, doing only that, I've lost 20+ pounds.  If/when I add work-out it'll rapidly increase, but vertigo during a run is kinda sketchy- face down on strangers lawn could get sporty!

Anyway, other than the couple of days I was about to rip into the cupboard and binge, it's been pretty easy with steady results.  Main thing I discovered is the incredible amount of salt in almost everything!  I don't use any and almost always meet or exceed those limits!  Good news was that month follow-up with Dr. I'd dropped my BP down to where he wanted it and was impressed.....still said I was fat (in his head anyway).

Got the Fitbit scale too to keep me honest- daily weigh in and it logs in the computer and my phone automatically-weight and % body fat.  I'd suggest they allow you to plug in your own negative reinforcement though- phrases like:

"Hey good job biscut........shy of 240!"
"Nice try there puddin' now put both feet on the scale"
"Hey there buttercup, Christmas isn't for 5 months, better put down the fork sooner today"
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 04:08:07 PM »
Hey Bobby-

I've been using a Fitbit (Fat Bit for me) and a phone app that sync. with it called "my fitness pal"

I thought about a FitBit, but I wear a watch on one wrist and a KIA or the 550 bracelet I made during an Operation in 05 on the other. The My Fitness Pal works on IPads as well, if you take a pic of the bar code on the foods you eat, assuming it has one, it automatically uploads it for you.

But now that you mentioned you have and have been using the FitBit, you should throw up a review.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »

Hey Bobby-

I've been using a Fitbit (Fat Bit for me) and a phone app that sync. with it called "my fitness pal"

I thought about a FitBit, but I wear a watch on one wrist and a KIA or the 550 bracelet I made during an Operation in 05 on the other. The My Fitness Pal works on IPads as well, if you take a pic of the bar code on the foods you eat, assuming it has one, it automatically uploads it for you.

But now that you mentioned you have and have been using the FitBit, you should throw up a review.

I used to wear a FitBit HR, but ditched it because it just told me how I didn't work out enough lol

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »
I used to wear a FitBit HR, but ditched it because it just told me how I didn't work out enough lol

I might get one and give it a shot, or one of those chips you put in your shoe and it keeps track of the distance you run and your pace. Granted, I haven't been running very often, but everything counts.

I also need to get back into the gym and start lifting weights again.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
PM me your address and I'll send ya mine

NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »

Hey Bobby-

That's why mine is my "Fatbit" since I'm not quite "fit" yet, well except the pants did, and now are loose!  See- nothins' FIT

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »
PM me your address and I'll send ya mine

Pretty generous of you, but you keep it.

LIGHTBULB!!

IF you start using it again, you can start up a results thread, post up some stats, Cuda can post up some stats, and whomever else wants to post up some stats in there can. Think of it as a group workout, keep everyone accountable... somewhat. We all know work, and everyday life puts a kink in the plans.

That's why mine is my "Fatbit" since I'm not quite "fit" yet, well except the pants did, and now are loose!  See- nothins' FIT

That's a good enough reason to keep using it right there. Downside is you have to keep buying new pants when you drop sizes..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:54:03 PM by BobbyB »

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 06:25:53 PM »
Serious, I haven't used it in months... I'd rather give it to someone I know. I can't get used to not wearing my g-shock. If you don't like it, mail it back. If you're at all interested let me know, even if it's just to try out.

I will say it syncs with the iPhone app really well, but I didn't need an app to tell me I sat on my ass at my desk all day, I already knew that lol

NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »
Serious, I haven't used it in months... I'd rather give it to someone I know. I can't get used to not wearing my g-shock. If you don't like it, mail it back. If you're at all interested let me know, even if it's just to try out.

I will say it syncs with the iPhone app really well, but I didn't need an app to tell me I sat on my ass at my desk all day, I already knew that lol

Lol, ok I'll PM you. You like G-Shock huh? I had a Suunto Vector, and LOVED that thing. But after 7 years, it finally gave up the ghost. I bought a G-Shock and I can't say I'm a fan. Bought the analog version, with the digital window by the 4-8 o'clock position. Its ok, but I prefer the Suunto.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
Here's mine.

But to be honest, I only ever wore metal watches before this. Wear it every day, even with business casual attire. I love it, but wasn't ever used to a milspec watch...

NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 09:42:57 PM »
I was working out like crazy and riding my bike 100 miles a week and still not losing weight.  My doctor sat me down and broke the news. You are what you eat, NOT what you exercise.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »
I was working out like crazy and riding my bike 100 miles a week and still not losing weight.  My doctor sat me down and broke the news. You are what you eat, NOT what you exercise.

This is true, that's why I cut most of "crap food" out, haven't really gone out to eat at fast food since April; except for a couple times. I'm buying a bike in a couple weeks, so I'll be able to check out the running/biking trail that's near where I live. I

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »
  My doctor sat me down and broke the news. You are what you eat.

Man, that is good news. Can't wait to tell my wife she is wrong about a few beers a day being bad. Don't think I will tell her it is the food she cooks that is the problem though.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »
Man, that is good news. Can't wait to tell my wife she is wrong about a few beers a day being bad. Don't think I will tell her it is the food she cooks that is the problem though.

I dare you......... ;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
So I got the fitbit from Dawg a few days ago. Full disclosure, I almost broke it, I thought it came apart to plug into the computer to charge, then I realized it plugs in on the bottom by the sensors. After some swearing, logging in and figuring things out I got it all set up to how I wanted.

Also I lost a couple more pounds, but that's just a general statement. I caught the flu/cold/whatchamacallit that's going around, so I haven't gone for a run, or gone to the gym. However last week I did score a 7spd mountain bike for a grand total of $50.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »
Awesome Nate- don't you hate "breaking" something then having to read the instructions you blew off........yup, we're guys!

I ran for the first time since vertigo, out of necessity on Saturday!  Guy I was running dogs with, we both have top notch dogs in the running for year end award, shows up in tennis shoes when braced with me!  I'm in Danner Pronhorns, spurs, leather chaps just off a horse from helping someone else.  Dogs running comparably well and fast, I have a find (bird) with his dog backing mine, and we go on together.  Less than 10 mins. later, mine has another find where I cannot find the bird easily and he and his dog have moved on.  Takes me 4 mins. with my dog on point to finally produce the running and ducking quail!  He's taken off in his tennis shoes power walking pulling ahead of my dog and I by a quarter mile or so and my dog takes off like a shot and I've got to catch up, running like the cowboy from the Village People not wanting to be taken advantage of by my cellmate.  Running like one of Jerry's Kids  :o, I'm gasping for breath and pull my outta shape gut muscles like I'd been doing leg lifts wearing weights!  I did finally close the distance and my Dog beat his, because he went without finding a bird, so I laughed at him for that and told him I'm gonna run between now and Nationals end of October and thanked him for the inspiration!

The Fatbit logged the above 30 mins. of fun at 3600 steps.....needless to say, beer was consumed to replace lost fluids without any guilt!  ;)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 12:44:59 PM »
don't you hate "breaking" something then having to read the instructions you blew off........yup, we're guys!

Ha there were no instructions. But I saw some where the techy computer thing came out of the band, so I figured that's what this one did. I was close to twisting and pulling on the thing when I happened to notice the port on the underside.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »
Sorry, couldn't find the instructions...

NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 03:42:41 PM »
Sorry, couldn't find the instructions...

No biggie, I got it all figured out.

Unrelated note, that Gecko needs to be able to be applied to posts as a reply.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 03:14:58 PM »
Well it's that time of year again for me to revert to grunt mode and trudge 22 miles on Veterans' Day. I'll wear the FitBit this year and see how many calories it'll burn and what my heart rate will be for the trip.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 07:16:34 PM »
Take some pics Bobby!  Its for a good cause.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2015, 02:50:00 AM »
Take some pics Bobby!  Its for a good cause.

I'm not a pic taker in reality, but if my friend takes some I'll see if I can snag them from her. It supposed to be cold and rainy, go figure ::), however I'll see what I can do though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:50:34 AM by BobbyB »

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 07:30:19 PM »
Ok, I survived. Sorry you can't start looking for a new mod  ;D.  I didn't take pics, maybe when the charity gets the pics from others and the local media I might have been caught in a couple. Ended up walking with a buddy of mine who had pins in his ankle and finally got them out last winter. This was the first real test he did. Mile 9 to endex he had to stop every mile or so to work the cramp out of his leg and ankle. No biggie, I wasn't in a hurry anyway.

According to fitbit (which I didn't start right away, I forgot):

41,876 steps out of 45,821 total
4,613 calories burned
158 peak heart rate, average was 108 over the length of the course
10 cal/per minute burn rate
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:32:44 PM by BobbyB »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
Congrats Bobby. And thank you for your service

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 08:05:28 PM »
Congrats Bobby. And thank you for your service

Danke

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »
Good going Bobby!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »
Good going Bobby!

I have my moments. Though my body is currently rebelling against me.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2015, 08:43:32 PM »
Good going Bobby!

Ah, just take it in "Stride" there Sergeant!

Seriously, good job!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 09:08:24 PM »
Good going Bobby!

Ah, just take it in "Stride" there Sergeant!

Seriously, good job!

I'm currently in the modified prone position, on the couch watching movies. Moving more than that is not currently in the plans.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 10:35:16 PM »
Good Man!

A true soldier rests when he can!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal