GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

Sending a second young man away...

<< < (12/13) > >>

cj7ox:
Awesome, Don!

Flyin6:
He made it through Cole Range, the super tough part of RASP. Now it's just four weeks of intensive weapons training and this young man gets assigned to one of our three Ranger Battalions!

I couldn't be more proud.

But there is a back story: I have been praying every day for God to give him another basement below the one he naturally has for when it gets really bad. I prayed for strength, for endurance, and all those sort of things. I did not know this until tonight but his mother has been praying for God to show up in Chris's life in a way that he would absolutely know it was God!

And he did!

Oddly enough Kat and I were sitting in the theater watching the latest Christian movie when Chris called. So we hustled out into the hallway and spoke to him for 30 min. He was telling us all about his experiences in a non-specific manner because he was not allowed to discuss details. He said, "Dad, you know, speaking of the spiritual nature of things, one night I was all junked up on the land nav course. I had to do waypoints 5km apart in a given time and the time was running out." He then said, "So I prayed and asked God to please get him through this land nav course." He continued that he looked at the map and looked around, but it was nighttime in Georgia (Flat). He said he thought he was near this hillside, so he took a heading and took off at a run. He said, "Dad just like that I ran up a hill and right to that waypoint! He said he ran to the next two and got both first time. He then ran to the finish and made it in time having found 100% of his waypoints!
He told me, "Dad, that had to be God." And right there is a pretty good witness about how a mother prayed a prayer, for God to show up, and he heard it. Chris cannot deny that he prayed because he was lost and out of ideas, and God intervened!

Chris graduated from Phase 1 and now is in Phase 2. He had about four hours of sleep from Sunday until Thursday night!!!

RLTW (Rangers lead the way) but God almighty reigns over everything!

stlaser:
Great testimony  :likebutton:

& congratulations to the young ranger to be!

oklawall:
God is always with us. We have to choose to listen.  That is an awesome testimony. 

Congratulations to Chris for trusting God and following Him to the end.

Mother's prayers are very strong.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Atkinsmatt:
Great testimony.  Still lifting him up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version