VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Federal Couragia M/T

<< < (2/7) > >>

Flyin6:
Tried to get my tires installed today at Walmart...

Bad idea

Didn't happen, and this is the message i sent to corporate headquarters:

I purchased four tires from the online store which were delivered to the Florence Supercenter, Florence, KY.  When they arrived I drove over to look at them and to schedule an installation. Oddly, I started to run into a stonewalling sort of attitude, where I felt the person I was speaking to just did not want to bother with the job at all. I got excuses like, "We need a certain installer", and the lift is a floor model and may not be able to lift your vehicle."
I questioned the "Technician" at every step, asking why they would need a special technician. Back in my college days, I changed tires all the time at a shop, so I know what it entails, and it is not all that difficult. Then I pointed out that my vehicle was just a Chevy truck and not a locomotive, and given that this was a dedicated tire installation center, I would guess the equipment would be adequate to the task.
Finally we agreed to an appointment, 1400 the next day (11/19/2019). I arrived in time for the appointment and was greeted at the counter with a question, "I'm guessing you own the big black truck?" I replied to the affirmative and was asked if the truck had aftermarket wheels. I replied that I did, and the tech told me they could not install onto aftermarket wheels.
I asked why and was told it was store policy. I was wondering why the technician with a name tag that read: "Installer bully" hadn't informed me when she was scheduling me the day earlier.
I asked why they had such a policy and was told they could damage aftermarket wheels (They wouldn't they also damage factory wheels??) and that the automotive department manager had created the policy.
I suppose we went along in this manner for a couple of minutes when I asked if I could just speak to that manager. They apparently made an effort to get her to come, however after a few more minutes, I was told she would not be coming.
I believe there was some sort of communication between her and the tech because he changed his story, now telling me that if I signed a waiver, they would install the tires. However he continued, telling me that he guaranteed that the machine would scratch up the wheels and gouge them on the inside. He explained that with aftermarket wheels this could happen. Perhaps the uninformed general public would buy such a story, but since I also change tires from time to time, I can tell you that is just a dismissal, is not true, and if your machine would scratch and gouge my wheels, then it would do it to factory wheels as well.
At this point I made the decision that I did not want anyone there touching my vehicle, heck, I didn't think about it, but I should have asked for a refund on the tires on the spot and given my business to someone who showed the smallest degree of interest and care.
So at this point, first, I'd like to say thank you to these people, because I am sure they probably would have damaged my property, so glad that they tipped their hand earlier so I could pick them out. out of space...

stlaser:
Uhm, why?

Why did you go to Walmart for tires?  :huh:

Don, no offense but the only thing Walmart is good for is harassing me about my receipt for the stuff I just paid for after I checked myself out. If I had to guess that’s probably a violation of my 4th amendment rights if I in fact put up with it. They have yet to physically stop me (to check my bags against my receipt) and I do my best to not go there unless I am forced to. With all that stated they would never touch my vehicle, ever.....

Farmer Jon:
Wally world is horrible. My son went there to get some tires changed on his truck. The new tires were one size bigger than factory. They refused to do the job.

A good friend of mine pulling a homemade pickup box trailer had a flat. He took the tire in to get fixed. They asked if it came off a vehicle or trailer. He said trailer. They refused to fix it. They don't do trailer tires.  He went on to the next wally world. They asked the same question. This time he said it came off a pickup. They fixed it.

A girl I know always got her oil changed there. Until one time her car died on the way home. Long streak of oil on the highway behind her. Oil plug fell out.

Another friend lost all his oil because the filter came loose.

Flyin6:
I decided to purchase there for the simple reason that I would have a source in the event one or more of the tires were defective, then I could have some local recourse.

That visit was only the third time I had ever visited that place.

Speaking to my wife about the technician with the name tag, "Installer bully" I noted that she was wearing a watch cap (Inside the store) pulled down almost over her eyes. Kat said, "She was probably high." High! Heck, I never thought about that, but after a mental assessment of the workers there one word came to mind: Slobs.

The folks were wearing filthy clothing, had untrimmed hair and massive, haji looking beards that were similarly ungroomed. Dunno, but maybe they were shooting a Mad-Max sequel in the back and these techs were bit actors. To be fair not everyone was so awful looking, but most of them are

My conclusions as a former Army leader is that when the group is all farkered up, then look no further than the leadership. If the leadership is all farkered up, look to the policies and culture. I find nothing so far in the Walmart system that supports a desire to work above the minimum output level or strive for excellence

I will avoid the place for now on...

Flyin6:
The walmart response:

Question Reference # 191119-082434
Subject
Store Experience
Response By Email (11/20/2019 02:46 AM)
Hi Donald,

Your satisfaction is our top priority and your comments have been forwarded to your local Store. The management team there will take appropriate action and you can expect a response from them within three business days.

Thank you for contacting Walmart where we are always happy to help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version