RULES/WELCOMES > Message from the Owner

Tapatalk

<< < (2/9) > >>

Nate:
Here are some facts that folks need to remember:
- I nor Don have access to the original HTML files that was used to create this website,

- the hosting platform has been bought out several times since we have been using them and the conglomerates that now own them are slowly making it unfeasible to continue with the current
  platform, causing us to have to migrate to something new in the future,

- this forum is mobile compatible to an extent, but it needs work,

- don and I are doing some work behind the scenes, we will let you know when then time comes,

- kyle had to do some fenagling just to get tap a talk to work to begin with,

- every couple years when tap a talk starts messing with their upgrades and all that crap, these same problems arise, and people start getting boo boo lipped because the garbage app they are
  using is not working correctly and then want to blame the website for something they absolutely have no control over,

- if you are having a problem with tap a talk, YOU need to contact them! The problem is on their end alone!

- don’t believe me? … just do a google search for tap a talk problems and you will have millions of articles on the subject,

- people contacting me with site problems is what I am here for, so if you took my original post personally … then you need to re-evaluate yourself.

So … the bottom line is this, yes I am aware of the tap a talk problem, RM has nothing to do with it or caused/causing it, tap a talk is known to be a schiff app with many problems.

Flyin6:
And to add some fuel to Nate's fire, the forum I use is called Simple machines. We opened the doors in 2014. Since then, there have been over 20 updates to SM. I have to continue to upload their latest changes because at some point they no longer support earlier versions. Just prior to many of you complaining about the taptalk problem, I upgraded us to the latest version which was a huge update.
Then, like Nate mentioned, our server, "A Small Orange" was purchased by a company that buys servers and then over time runs them into the ground.
Indeed, our days may be numbered.
My fix is to migrate the entire forum over to a newer server. I have a friend who is in the industry looking into that. I need to find a server that is affordable and reliable. Those two parts do not go together well in this shifty/shady web-based world.
I already spend nearly a grand of my money on this annually and that could go way up. If that happens, I'll either make it a pay-to-use site or close the doors. I'd rather remain as we are, but that may be too much of an ask.
So, I'll try to keep everyone informed if/when we start down the slippery slope, but for now, we are managing it.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Nate on February 06, 2023, 11:49:08 AM ---Here are some facts that folks need to remember:
- I nor Don have access to the original HTML files that was used to create this website,

- the hosting platform has been bought out several times since we have been using them and the conglomerates that now own them are slowly making it unfeasible to continue with the current
  platform, causing us to have to migrate to something new in the future,

- this forum is mobile compatible to an extent, but it needs work,

- don and I are doing some work behind the scenes, we will let you know when then time comes,

- kyle had to do some fenagling just to get tap a talk to work to begin with,

- every couple years when tap a talk starts messing with their upgrades and all that crap, these same problems arise, and people start getting boo boo lipped because the garbage app they are
  using is not working correctly and then want to blame the website for something they absolutely have no control over,

- if you are having a problem with tap a talk, YOU need to contact them! The problem is on their end alone!

- don’t believe me? … just do a google search for tap a talk problems and you will have millions of articles on the subject,

- people contacting me with site problems is what I am here for, so if you took my original post personally … then you need to re-evaluate yourself.

So … the bottom line is this, yes I am aware of the tap a talk problem, RM has nothing to do with it or caused/causing it, tap a talk is known to be a schiff app with many problems.

--- End quote ---

I am guilty of texting Nate, I’m not boo boo lipped even though the post was likely addressed to me and several others texting him. I was not aware of much of the above info. I assumed it was a site issue which it’s not, copy!  :likebutton:

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 06, 2023, 04:00:55 PM ---And to add some fuel to Nate's fire, the forum I use is called Simple machines. We opened the doors in 2014. Since then, there have been over 20 updates to SM. I have to continue to upload their latest changes because at some point they no longer support earlier versions. Just prior to many of you complaining about the taptalk problem, I upgraded us to the latest version which was a huge update.
Then, like Nate mentioned, our server, "A Small Orange" was purchased by a company that buys servers and then over time runs them into the ground.
Indeed, our days may be numbered.
My fix is to migrate the entire forum over to a newer server. I have a friend who is in the industry looking into that. I need to find a server that is affordable and reliable. Those two parts do not go together well in this shifty/shady web-based world.
I already spend nearly a grand of my money on this annually and that could go way up. If that happens, I'll either make it a pay-to-use site or close the doors. I'd rather remain as we are, but that may be too much of an ask.
So, I'll try to keep everyone informed if/when we start down the slippery slope, but for now, we are managing it.

--- End quote ---

Don, if you want I have a server hosting company I’ve used for years and seldom any real issues. I can get you their info if you like.

Farmer Jon:
One of the other forums I use disappeared from tap talk a while back. Its not just this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version