RULES/WELCOMES > Message from the Owner

Where do we go from here?

(1/3) > >>

Flyin6:
I have been watching traffic fall way off on our website. Whereas one year we eclipsed 4 million views, we receded to just over 3 million last year and this year we will likely end just over the 2-million mark.

While viewer participation has been waning, the costs have skyrocketed. We now pay around a thousand dollars to maintain operations for the coming year. Given the fact that participation is less than half what it once was, that makes us something like 4 times more expensive to operate vs my perceived impact.

I think the lines are starting to cross over on that subjective chart where one considers effort expended vs net return.

I did not get the IT help I needed to migrate the site over to something more cost-effective and I am not technologically capable of doing it myself.

Perhaps reality is about to kick in here, and perhaps our days may be numbered.

I wanted to keep the forum an open place where people post the things they are doing, but I can look at Instagram posts by many of the members here and find a vibrant conversation going on there vs what we have here. I do think we have allowed people to voice their opinions and we have honored the Lord, so there is that. And perhaps the days of the websites are coming to a close except for the most active of the forums. We do not seem to have that going on here.

So as we close in on the eventual renewal, I will let all of you know my thoughts, but the warning flag has been hoisted.

I feel that we need to move all this over to an Instagram-like setting, but at most of those places I feel the Lord will be stifled, and without being able to control content, we will probably see curse words, flaming and nasty pictures at a new venue. That's just my feeling, and I could be wrong. Should we continue to decrease with respect to activity, we will come to a close at the next renewal.

Sammconn:
Well shoot.

Keep me posted chief.
I don’t do any of the social crap.
Have a Facebook and only use it to keep in touch with a few.
Was debating ditching it even.

So wherever we end up.
Let me know, cause like the rest I’ll miss this if it ends.
And I’ll have to learn some new crap too. Lol.

TexasRedNeck:
Probably a sign of the times, Chief.  Wholesome Christ centered conversations are rare these days.  There is a core group here that can still exchange thoughts, support and ideas on other media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on October 11, 2023, 06:27:43 PM ---Probably a sign of the times, Chief.  Wholesome Christ centered conversations are rare these days.  There is a core group here that can still exchange thoughts, support and ideas on other media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
What I was thinking, and that is good for us.

And that has been a blessing into my/our lives

But

Bigger picture:

I always fancied that the way we conduct ourselves here and share in a healthy manner just might rub off on others. It's what you do that others focus on...Much more than what you say.

I really won't know what the disposition of all this becomes until the time arrives. I think conditions will dictate what should be self-evident.

Flyin6:
How odd that today I posted this message about declining views.
and
today
We just got the highest-ever views at one time.
3,316 at a single time!

Sure, they were almost certainly web spiders, but odd how it happened today...

A sign???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version