Hello Guest

Author Topic: How Much?  (Read 5312 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How Much?
« on: June 09, 2016, 05:28:34 PM »
I finally couldn't stand it anymore. The corner garage down the street, called, "Korner Garage"...Really...Well for as long as I have been looking, has had an old Suburban sitting there. It is a gold colored diesel 2WD GMC.

Today I decided to give it a look over. It is a 1982 model with a blown up 6.2 detroit diesel and a R700-4 transmission. It has 5 lug wheels with the steelie sport rims. The interior is fair, but the body, much like SquareD has little to no rust. The frame has no rust that I could see. Only dirt and dust.

I asked Troy, the shop owner if it was for sale, and he said yes. Is asking $1500. It does not have the barn doors and obviously needs 4WD installed, another motor, a complete teardown and overhaul, but the body is as good as any you could hope to find.

One wheel well is perforated and there is an active wasp nest in the drivers door jamb. I'd take nothing away because of the blown boat anchor, but the wasp nest presents an immediate problem.

Oh, the interior is layered (Triassic, Jurassic, and so forth) with cigarette butts. My keen instincts suggest it has been smoked in a bit! Let me see, oh yes, the right aft door is dented, borderline repairable, and there are one or two other very minor 40mm cannon holes here and there. It is wearing Baghdad license plates and someone put a "82nd Airborne was here" decal on the windshield, which is also cracked.

Now some, well most of the facts I stated are true. Based on your deductive abilities of where the truth actually lies, what is that body worth?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: How Much?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »
$500-1k. I'm guessing, if he's like me, he said $1500 knowing it was ridiculous and was going to see if you bit. I think it's safe to say he's take $800 for it if you showed up with a trailer.. I know I would. hahah

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 09:06:38 PM »
To me it's $500 & I don't know if I'd pay that for a 1/2 ton 2wd running....... ::)
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 09:14:24 PM »
I was thinking I should offer $500, then expect him to counter at $1000, then we'd settle around $750.

But...It needs a complete 4WD conversion and has a tail gate which I do not like.

Further, I could negotiate with JR for that half ton of his with a Cummins. JR's burb should be in better condition being a Kali Kar, but for some reason this KY 82 is pretty much rust free...

But then again, there's those wasps...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 09:44:29 PM »
but then again, you have

- a dodge sitting in the garage that runs but does not move!

- shall we talk about the punch out list on the dodge?

-you have a toureg that you are still trying to get rid of!

- you have the JD that is about to cost you half of your savings just to get it operational!

- the likely repair costs on big red / sarge!

- the cost involved with getting that well operational!

- completion of the hide temp shelter/tool room/bunk house

- the demo of the condemned shelter on said hide (so that it does not pose a toxic risk later in the future)!

- construction of the new permanent HH6 quarters!

and that's just the stuff you have given us knowledge of. 

i would venture to guess you have a few to many projects going at the moment, and may need to get a few of (the really important ones) them completed ..................?!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:48:41 PM »
Talking about raining on a guy's parade. Geese Nate.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 09:59:44 PM »
sorry!  just trying to keep our boss focused, that's kind of what Senior NCO's do
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »
Thought he got rid of that hitler mobile?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »
but then again, you have

- a dodge sitting in the garage that runs but does not move!

- shall we talk about the punch out list on the dodge?

-you have a toureg that you are still trying to get rid of!

- you have the JD that is about to cost you half of your savings just to get it operational!

- the likely repair costs on big red / sarge!

- the cost involved with getting that well operational!

- completion of the hide temp shelter/tool room/bunk house

- the demo of the condemned shelter on said hide (so that it does not pose a toxic risk later in the future)!

- construction of the new permanent HH6 quarters!

and that's just the stuff you have given us knowledge of. 

i would venture to guess you have a few to many projects going at the moment, and may need to get a few of (the really important ones) them completed ..................?!
So what's your point???

:-))

Traded the Toureg on the Girly Jeep...Lost about a third of my butt on that deal...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:53:21 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:08 AM »
Let me see, oh yes, the right aft door is dented, borderline repairable, and there are one or two other very minor 40mm cannon holes here and there. It is wearing Baghdad license plates and someone put a "82nd Airborne was here" decal on the windshield, which is also cracked.

Sounds about right to have that sticker on the windshield. I'd think you'd both settle at or near $750.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

OldKooT

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »
Last I checked scrap is at $140 a ton on my commercial account. So whats a old Burb weigh? I'd say right at $500 would be my high side... and he'd have to supply the wasp killer.

Keep in mind I am very thrifty/broke whatever ya call it. I am upset I have $800 SO FAR INTO MY NEW TRUCK...nuts I tell yah

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »
Anything with an "82nd  Airborne" sticker on it warrants an immediate $500-$1000 discount...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »
Anything with an "82nd  Airborne" sticker on it warrants an immediate $500-$1000 discount...

That's an erroneous statement, obviously spoken with a hint of jealously!
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 01:55:27 PM »
Last I checked scrap is at $140 a ton on my commercial account. So whats a old Burb weigh? I'd say right at $500 would be my high side... and he'd have to supply the wasp killer.

Keep in mind I am very thrifty/broke whatever ya call it. I am upset I have $800 SO FAR INTO MY NEW TRUCK...nuts I tell yah

I agree.  500 tops.

...around here, at this point in time, non-commercial pays 30-40/ton. Can't get rid of junk cars cuz they're only worth 50 bucks....costs more to haul them.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »

I second this.....;D

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 08:23:16 PM »

I second this.....;D

Such heresy from the contingent dirty nasty Legs!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 10:17:45 PM »
You guys are tough on Big D.

Maybe he wants it to push into the entrance to the property to slow down the zombies when the criminal gets elected....

Id pass on it because of: no barn doors and 2WD
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:18:38 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 11:56:45 PM »
Two buckets from Sarge at the right places and tanks will be slow getting down the drive!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 12:58:52 AM »
Found this a little late but here in my .02.

2 wheel drive 5 lug? So it has the thinner frame and you will need to change the front cross member for 4x4, but you will rebuild it all anyway.

As to the thinner frame, no big deal as you will beef it all up. Tailgate I don't like you need to role the window down to open it up and you can't change it to barns.

How long has it been sitting there? Is the title clean? Max is $500 or tow it away for free.

Mine?? 91 vs a 82, just 85k and a 4x4, 350/700r4 with dual AC, new tires and wheels. Driveable? Should be, but I need to tackle that running issue. Still needs the rear installed but otherwise sound all through. I would love to sell it and need to, but that is a long trip.

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 08:26:51 AM »
I gave 600 for a running driving 91 4x4. Just needed rear brake lines. So a non running 2 wheel cant be worth a whole lot.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 08:24:58 AM »

That's an erroneous statement, obviously spoken with a hint of jealously!
Go get em' Bobby...He's just a pilot!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 08:27:15 AM »
Found this a little late but here in my .02.

2 wheel drive 5 lug? So it has the thinner frame and you will need to change the front cross member for 4x4, but you will rebuild it all anyway.

As to the thinner frame, no big deal as you will beef it all up. Tailgate I don't like you need to role the window down to open it up and you can't change it to barns.

How long has it been sitting there? Is the title clean? Max is $500 or tow it away for free.

Mine?? 91 vs a 82, just 85k and a 4x4, 350/700r4 with dual AC, new tires and wheels. Driveable? Should be, but I need to tackle that running issue. Still needs the rear installed but otherwise sound all through. I would love to sell it and need to, but that is a long trip.

I'd favor yours JR...Just to have it pass between members and everyone see it continue down the cool road to transformation...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
I'd favor yours JR...Just to have it pass between members and everyone see it continue down the cool road to transformation...

Well TRN has a dually and a trailer, lives sorta equidistant between you two. He can haul, meet you both, have some food, then go home.  ;D

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 04:58:49 PM »
Yup. Road trip! Beer and pork rinds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 05:16:57 PM »
Between this and a couple other things. Road trips are coming!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal