Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1396544 times)

Dodge4x48499 and 72 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3150 on: April 04, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »
Is the ground uneven or is all of the air out of the rear suspension......?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 05, 2017, 03:28:22 AM »
It looks small on the LB. With the long nose on the truck does it have a V12?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 05, 2017, 07:47:59 AM »
No air in the suspension yet. 

It don't have a v12 just inline 6.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 05, 2017, 08:39:08 AM »
Back on North American soil!
Thank god!

Been a whirlwind tour, glad it's over, and a long list of places to not return...
Been up 24 hrs now, stupid time changes...time to sleep.
Welcome back!  Glad you survived being disarmed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I can't cc 'legally' at home anyway, but always run some form of pocket knife.
Had a couple buddies with us, it was a school education trip, and the one commented that when my SA went through the roof, I was unknowingly reaching for a gun...

Just glad to be almost home now. At least I feel 'safe' again.

Just dropped Chaka off to get her leg fixed up.
One more day in the city tomorrow to make sure all is well and then off homeward bound.

HH6 flew home yesterday, and had to dig her way into the front door. The normal entry on the side was impassable from snow...the folks watching the house didn't bother to dig it out. :knucklehead:

Connie even asked how it was and do we need someone to do it, no it's good... :knucklehead:

Jon, I hope the air is off on the tractor, sure looks squatted.
I normally see all from the D6 and larger moved with the blade off to avoid the extra wide.
I suppose one trip plays in also, and the price you paid seems reasonable in any case.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 05, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »
Purchased a bunch of stuff to build a trailer today.  Got the order in for all the channel and angle for me to pick up later in the week.  Ordered a bunch of other various trailer related things (lights, couplers, jacks etc..) also.  Hopefully will have time to get started on it this weekend.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 05, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »
Oh, another build thread!

Glad your back Sam. At least you know the place was secure if you had to dig into it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 05, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »
Oh, another build thread!

Glad your back Sam. At least you know the place was secure if you had to dig into it.
Trailer build! Always fun fabbing stuff.

Yes JR, home is always easy. Leave keys in stuff, don't have to really lock anything up.
Just a nuisance this time. Getting one of our bobcat guys to clear it out for her...and save me the grief later on.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 05, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »
Back on North American soil!
Thank god!

Been a whirlwind tour, glad it's over, and a long list of places to not return...
Been up 24 hrs now, stupid time changes...time to sleep.
That's a great feeling isn't it?

I survived a trip to gulf shores Alabama during spring break. I was there for a family member's 94th birthday party but had to be there last weekend non the less. It was just as awful as it sounds. Came back this week to find out I earned a spot at one of our "special operations" stations. It's a busy station that is also our main hazardous materials and WMD response station. It'll be a big change from where I was assigned out of rookie school. Also woke up this morning to a large rash on my back. Dr thinks it is a spider bite but sent me home with a packet explaining the symptoms of MRSA just in case. Not a huge deal except that I just finished our HIV/HEP protocols because of a blood exposure while performing CPR and the meds don't mix well together. Fun times here in the Deep South.

Hope y'all are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good job!

Congrats!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 06, 2017, 01:23:02 AM »
Picked these cabinets up for the garage. I just do not have enough storage and these will add a lot.

9 of em from 4ft to 2ft for just $170. These are the flip open front with locks. First on goes over the sink after a coat of paint.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 06, 2017, 04:57:21 AM »
Nice cabinets. Gotta love good storage.

Glad you're back Samm, love to hear your perspectives on what you saw there regarding Muslims. I know the MSM is pretending everything is fine and dandy so just curious how you saw it.

Got the little one off to a band trip to Philly this AM. Pretty cool she'll be playing on the USS New Jersey. They're also doing a lot of historic sightseeing too which is good (independence hall etc ). Should be a fun trip for her.

More rain coming so no chance to do some of the yard cleanup I need to yet. I'm chomping at the bit after winter.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 06, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »
Very productive day. Got a dog run built. 80x 30. She has plenty of room to run. We will let her out at night to run free. Spring time more traffic. Dumb dog just stands in the middle of the road.

After work went and started a small deck for a buddy of mine that most his legs. Its not done but got it far enough he can call the wheel chair ramp people to come put it up. Worked past dark but got all the floor done except one board that need a some crazy cuts. About $600 worth of materials from Menards. A carpenter buddy of mine took the lead on this. He hates Menards but it fit the budget of the job.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 06, 2017, 08:12:47 AM »
Taxes, been working on them periodically for last month. Woke up at 4 am with them on my mind (along with an accountant who is used to this with me but not happy about it) and hoping to have it 97% finished by early afternoon.  :tongue:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 06, 2017, 08:27:42 AM »
Well Will, remember when my buddies noticed me going for my gun...

There are street vendors in places, that apparently are paying off their human traffic debt...
Lots of them, all don't belong...
This one bunch, parked arse at our bus door...bad idea...
They pestered and let the kids mostly alone, so I stayed back and observed.
They asked me a few times and I politely said no.
Most of us were in the bus and I was asked again. Now he red is coming out and mama said get on the bus to which I replied not with the terrorists here. And I said to him you need to leave...they full well heard the terrorist part, I made sure of it. My buddies were also on red alert and staying back with me till all were aboard.
Then one of them said well what do you need then...I passed my things to mama, said I need you people to F@@k off and reached for a missing 45...
My buddies then grabbed me as when it wasn't there, fists of fury were loading up.

That was one of the worse ones in Paris.
Lots of them slumming about, but mostly out of he way or invisible in the tourist type areas we were at. Amsterdam I did not feel safe. Berlin I questioned WTH are we doing here...more general safety than musloid, but they were there too.

London, wel London is overloaded with them.
We were heading around Westminster abbey and I pointed out this protest that our guide and group was oblivious to...we side skirted it quickly. Police presence was high, how does a pro guide miss this... It was them for some abs I'm sure.
Then we were heading to trafalger square, same same but worse, another protest, but a musloid rights or some bs group... The guide walked us right past these terrorists too!
I was just along for the ride so I told my old lady to tell this guy to wake up, we're with kids for Gods sake...
At least then I think he woke up a bit, he went and talked to the local police and found out what was up. Well, this was the icing on the cake for my use for this guy...
He had walked our group down he middle of two protests that 3800-4000 police and military types were in attendance for to try to avoid the war of the two groups, or disassemble them if the conflict occurred. Yeah two groups of terrorists, two agendas, ready for war on I mean in downtown London.

So yeah the rotten bast@&ds are all over the place.

Just glad that the bomb that was ticking there didn't go off. We were right between the two.

So that is why I'm happy to be home, and why Europe is on my personal no fly list.
Unless of course I'm wearing green, carrying lots of something, have air support, and the ROE are appropriate. Then I'd go back in a heartbeat...
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 06, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »
Wow Sam. Glad you kept your cool (or should I say, I'm glad your buddies restrained you!)....CNN would've loved to get a hold of that story...I could see it now.
"Canadian alt right racist incites violence towards peaceful shopkeepers in downtown London..." lol

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 06, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »
Ken-  :laugh: :laugh: Yep that would have been the lead for sure. Yeesh!

Sam that's creepy. I hate seeing that, and ditto that the guide was not more aware. Is the guide local? As in immune to it (which is bad), or from here and therefor is just plain ignorant (just as bad, an maybe worse). Scary either way.

Thanks for the heads up.....we're all heading to Italy later in the summer. Part of me absolutely does not want to go.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: April 06, 2017, 07:06:41 PM »
The problem with the UK is that you no longer have the right to express yourself.  You very well could have been arrested for "hate speech" against terrorists.

Next time here are a few suggested t shirts to spur some conversations with them.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 06, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »
The guide we had was a German of some descent.
I'd say he is likely just immune to it all.
I was questioned by one of the other parents in Berlin, 'is it really not safe here' to which I replied, I don't know, but I'm wired different than most... She was a worry of the group leaders, and it was best to just give that as a non answer...

Other than that, and the pro German twist he put on the wars parts of the trip he was good.

I totally understand the hesitation.
I almost cancelled a few times before it was full default.

I'm glad I didn't, as I couldn't have seen half what I did, and that half being the war sites we saw, for the money.
It was a very surreal few days at Juno, Vimy, paschendaele, etc.
That was the whole of the reason I went.
And being the 100th anniversary I wouldn't have missed it.
Sam

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 07, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
On my way home today.
Chaka is doing very well, and discovered today her knee has been fixed.
Started using the sore hoof a bit this morning.

Mama is very excited for us to be coming home.
She had to return to work Wednesday and hasn't seen her babies in over three weeks now.

Spring is in the air at home currently, and the road is brutal.
Hopefully not too and but time will tell.

Sam

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 07, 2017, 09:09:15 PM »
So 11 hours, 700 miles later we're home.

Here's Chaka, not too happy with the cone. With it off she's much more happy.

So what does a northern redneck do after all day in the truck...goes for a skidoo ride of course...

Being I hadn't bee to the cabin in a month it fit the bill.

That's 26" rubber on the quad, and we're down a bunch of snow...
Looking out on the lake.

And the feeler for how much snow is on the open wind swept lake.
My trail marker pegs are 32" tall if I remember correctly.

This one had about 10" above the snow. I'd say the range is 12-24" on the lake right now.
Oh yeah, it was 45* and raining when I headed out. The snow is going fast, but still lots left.

Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 07, 2017, 09:21:55 PM »

Last Fire of the season. It will drop to a chilly 55.

Worked on the beans sump on the LB7. Got some supplies to hopefully finish the casita footings this weekend.  Need to mow again already. Tractor needs a new battery.  Same crap different day. 

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: April 07, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »

Last Fire of the season. It will drop to a chilly 55.

Worked on the beans sump on the LB7. Got some supplies to hopefully finish the casita footings this weekend.  Need to mow again already. Tractor needs a new battery.  Same crap different day. 

I hear ya Tex. It's supposed to be 36 here tonight so we took advantage as well.
HH6 and I went to the hunting property to hang some game cameras and get a good walk in. Walking before birth is said to make delivery easier so we're putting in several miles.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 08, 2017, 06:45:16 AM »
Tell momma good luck,   How many weeks along?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: April 08, 2017, 08:32:11 AM »
Can we have an estimated delivery date? I'd like to pray her up and through your (as in both of you) delivery.

Actually, I'll bet most men here would!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 08, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
My wife walked a lot throughout her pregnancy.  And then she walked almost constantly the week before.  I actually told her I thought she should slow it down a bit to make sure she wasn't exhausted when the big event finally happened.  Maybe it was just coincidence but all the doctors and nurses said her delivery​ went very fast and good​.  Especially for the first delivery.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: April 08, 2017, 08:59:51 AM »
Thank you gentleman. Today starts our 16th week with an estimated delivery date is September 23rd.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: April 08, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »
Today is another concrete day. And my AIr Dog blew a fuse on the Bus.

And I decided to use a water level to set the remaining tube forms. Aaaaannnd apparently my string level was way off when I set the corners.  They are off as much as an inch or inch and a half. Gonna have to pour a cap on three of them. Should have used the water level to begin with.

Or spend $600 on a laser level

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: April 08, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »
I don't know exactly how you're building this structure red but why not insert a heavy galvanized anchor in the top of the couple short columns & use that to level up the supports you're attaching to it? If the look bothers you afterward puddle in some grout around under the supports. It's how we used to install manways etc over existing tanks that the tops weren't quite level. Easier than pouring caps honestly.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: April 08, 2017, 01:49:51 PM »
TRN, how many bags of quickcrete does it take per 48" section of the sonotube?

Getting ready to do same at the farm for the sawmill.

Will try to sink eight holes 36", but will settle on what I get if I run into bedrock or a huge rock

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: April 08, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »

Today is another concrete day. And my AIr Dog blew a fuse on the Bus.

And I decided to use a water level to set the remaining tube forms. Aaaaannnd apparently my string level was way off when I set the corners.  They are off as much as an inch or inch and a half. Gonna have to pour a cap on three of them. Should have used the water level to begin with.

Or spend $600 on a laser level

Some Home Depot stores rent the laser levels. I ended up buying one because two weeks rent was almost the cost of  buying it.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: April 08, 2017, 05:54:51 PM »
Congrats on the little one on the way.

Water levels never lie...
All the high tech in the world, but dirt simple gravity wins every time.

Well another day, different weather...
We are under a snowfall warning today. 6-8" forecast.

I hauled some stuff out to the cabin as we're not going till next weekend earliest.
A bit of a white out going on. I'm stopped 500 m or so from shore.

The snowballs are falling. About golf ball sized flakes, reminds me of mountain snow.

Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: April 08, 2017, 06:27:42 PM »
Well hell.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: April 08, 2017, 06:37:02 PM »
A little to much sauce at the camp fire last night? Lol

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: April 08, 2017, 06:40:20 PM »
Well hell.

Wife did that once with our big zero turn, winch in rubicon pulled it out.....

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: April 08, 2017, 06:44:42 PM »
Helped a neighbor wire up his hot tub, never wired a 220 GFCI sub panel before. Didn't help the sub wasn't labeled and the instructions / diagrams were so poor it might as well have been written in Greek.

So helpful tip, the neutral wire from hot tub goes directly to the breaker in the sub then there is another smaller gauge neutral wire that comes off same area of breaker that goes to neutral bar. I originally wired hot tub wire to neutral bar instead of breaker. Breaker no worky in that configuration.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: April 08, 2017, 09:16:41 PM »
Stlaser, just got my new tub on the platform I built for it last night. It came on a pallet on its side and I was leery of getting it tipped over onto the platform. I used a block and tackle to hold it back and hi lift to jack the edge of the pallet....controlled it right over. I did the platform so it the patio settles I can shim it. Just have to wire it and we are gtg. Looking forward to having it operational.

Had SAR training today. Too cold for ticks which was good. Good day....searching for everything from bright white sock (easy) to a thumbtack in a tree. (Without knowing what we were looking for. Ha. But good day.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:18:16 PM by Wilbur »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: April 08, 2017, 09:32:26 PM »
Wilbur, his came shipped that way too. Think he purchased it from HD, ours is coming in next month & another neighbor is putting his in as well. So about the time I wire mine in I should be a pro at wiring them.....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: April 08, 2017, 09:33:41 PM »
Mowed too close to the edge of the pond. Had to bail off. Pulled it out with the tractor. Then pulled the plug and carb. Changed oil which looked milky.  Got it running again. Need to change the oil one more time.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: April 09, 2017, 10:37:18 AM »
Tex I thought Christ taught us to stay away from the edge, as far away as possible.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: April 09, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »
Threw a  70th birthday party for my boss last night. Got a little headache not bad. Had a real good turn out. Even his old collage roommates showed up and surprised him. He was all smiles. Got choked up a little bit when my wife got the cake out. His first tractor and his favorite car he wants back. 70 chevelle SS

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: April 10, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »
Starting my taxes today. Yeah a little late but oh well.

Yesterday split and stacked a cord or better of birch for next year.
Still need to get a couple more but it's a start.
I've got about a cord of poplar under three feet of snow all bucked and ready for pickup. Might try to find it this weekend...but not holding my breath that I'll be able to get it.

Not the best pic...7 X 6 X two layers deep.

Of all things to hurt after all that, it's my keg, not my back. Lol.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:20:37 PM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: April 10, 2017, 11:03:55 PM »
Well hell.

You wouldn't believe how often I have seen that in this neighborhood...Several times a year!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: April 10, 2017, 11:50:55 PM »
Thanks Don.  That doesn't make it any less spectacularly stupid, but thanks. :-)

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: April 11, 2017, 07:29:57 AM »
Thanks Don.  That doesn't make it any less spectacularly stupid, but thanks. :-)

It use to happen all the time to the bosses kids on the farm.  That was with a zero-turn though.  Those don't always hold side hills the best.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: April 11, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »

It use to happen all the time to the bosses kids on the farm.  That was with a zero-turn though.  Those don't always hold side hills the best.
Yea, same-same here. Almost always a zero turn...But not always

Neighbors across the street with the Tennessee Walkers have this beautiful pond ringed with rock. Fairly steep all around. They were cutting with their two zero turns one day, and I knew they would get into trouble near the pond, so I fired up the J Deere and went to work down there in 4WD. As luck would have it, I must have hit something, but I developed a flat tire on a steep section that caused me to slide. Only the rocks prevented me from pond entry. I drove over in my chevy and winched the thing out before it entered the water...I was lucky!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: April 11, 2017, 11:58:56 AM »
I was thinking it was a "Hold my beer" moment....  :grin:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: April 11, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »
Actually if you look close enough you'll see the blue longneck beer koozie in the cup holder

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 11, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »
OK been dark for a while. Several WDYDT moments that need to be chronicled. I left for Chanlder, AZ on Thursday, fully intending to hunt down and remove the offending "H" sticker from Ken's Prius. Got delayed at Rawhide with my sisters, nieces and nephew, (my fam too of course) Then the Capitols and Coyotes game (very embarrassing for DC), but Sam caught a puck off my brother in law's head during warm ups, so that was cool. tried to get some scalped tickets to the Zags disappointment but couldn't part with the $600 each they wanted for final 4 tickets, and now that they lost, I'm happy I missed out. Then Tuesday night, without warning, we all became violently ill. Both barrels and non stop, couldn't even keep down water kind-of-sick. after 6 straight hours of this nonsense I called it, flew us all home 5 days early to be diagnosed w/ Norovirus. Truck had to be put down with a final diagnosis of completely fried transfer case due to pump rub and neglect/stupidity and was traded in on a certified used 2016 Chevy Malibu. (pics to come). Also have a Tuff Shed on order and had to clear a space so 12 wheel barrow loads of 3-9" river rock later and about an hour of leveling the site I came up with this. also moved a giant (read really heavy) piece of driftwood for mama to start her plants in.

that's me and my nephew, my nieces and daughter, and my baby sister with my nieces and Sophie in the back w/ the hand binocs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:01:42 PM by EL TATE »
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 11, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »
Then home sick while Sophie was miraculously spared from the virus. Crappy weather too. and that hockey puck out of order with the site prep shots.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 11, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »
Tate, I am so jealous of your view, enjoy my friend you have worked hard to be able to have it.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 11, 2017, 05:19:00 PM »
Thanks Bob. It hasn't been without sacrifice, that is for sure, but for now we're happy as clams. Lots of work yet to do though before it's truly home.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal