TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Stairs to man cave and new room.

(1/13) > >>

JR:
In building my garage back in 07-10 the plan was always to add a set of stairs and add a room above the one area next to that that didn't have a vaulted ceiling.

Right now I have a pull down stairs just off center in the garage. Upstairs is huge, being 22x32. I built a 16x22 room in the center of this with storage rooms on both sides.

Right now I have most of my RC hobby stuff up there and my kids have an HO train set. I even put a winch in that really helps with the big stuff.

So I started the stairs by cutting a small access hole where it would come out upstairs. landing are code but the stairs will be a little narrow at 32".

This is the room they are taking over, which will be a small office later.

JR:
Here is a link to my RC Hobby and exploits including a fire in 06 that let me build the garage and buy the Dmax.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=132

JR:
Not the greatest picture, but here is the stairs I am replacing and the HF lift that does a lot!!

JR:
I used a couple calcs but the way this stairs is going in doesn't really work with them. Top step is on the wall between the garage and house. They got me close, so I broke out the cardboard and made templates.

That got me close enough, but I still made 1 "wonrg" cut and had to add a spacer, but it will never be seen again! Top came out perfect.

JR:
I did have to open up the doorway a little. It was built with this in mind, but I need to go another stud over still.

Got the stairs marked out, but want to go over it again in the AM. Get this one right and copy to the other 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version