TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

succulent planter box

<< < (5/5)

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: stlaser on May 16, 2018, 08:11:13 AM ---I haven’t had breakfast yet, you two need to warn people before we walk into things like this early in the morning......

--- End quote ---

You think before breakfast is bad? I've only had 1 cup of coffee over 2 days..

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on May 16, 2018, 03:03:36 PM ---
Remember walking (and falling) on those things in Southern Afghanistan???

Yea, I'm done with rocks!

--- End quote ---

I have "fond" memories of rocks in some countries..

Flyin6:
I recall how the engineers covered everything with those hardball sized sharp stones. So no matter where you were walking you ran the risk of rolling your ankle on a loose one. Then landing on them in a fall was not so nice. That day we had incoming, I heard a 107 on short final and just dove out of my chair. The rocket didn't hurt me, but landing on the stones cut my knee and I have a mark to this day.

We had to land the helicopters on them many times a day, and the wheeled aircraft would routinely suffer cuts in the tires. I noted that the Humvees also suffered loads of flats due to cut tires.

Ya, not so fond memories of sharp stones, although Miss Wendy has a pleasing arrangement in her planter that Nate built!

wrzem:

--- Quote from: stlaser on May 16, 2018, 08:11:13 AM ---I haven’t had breakfast yet, you two need to warn people before we walk into things like this early in the morning......

--- End quote ---

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version