Hello Guest

Author Topic: What's for breakfast.  (Read 28021 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What's for breakfast.
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2022, 10:58:05 PM »
It was king crab that was frozen from our christmas crab feast.  The 8 of us easily cleaned 12lbs worth, so we had about 3lbs left over.
I don't even want to know how much that was! I'm paying around $30 a pound for bluefin crab meat, which is the best and what I always eat. Having said that, King Crab is pretty good too, just expensive
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2022, 12:17:20 AM »
The only crab I have eaten is Dungeness. Fresh caught, cooked shell on and cooled immediately. Cleaned and served. Frozen is ok but fresh from pot to table is best.
Problem now is the area of Puget Sound we live near has been closed for years. Need to load up the gear and head to an open area and catch a few for dinner.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2022, 08:50:12 AM »
I prefer fresh caught like you said bob, but for the price i paid at christmas time, there was no way i was going to let that go to waste.  i was actually saving it for when i make my cioppino, but due to recent life events, that got pushed off for a while.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2022, 04:53:26 PM »
When the lady says she wants crab Benedict for breakfast, you make her crab Benedict!

those are some sexy lookin vittles sir. well done. that your quick hollandaise? I ran with that recipe you sent me the other day and it's a keeper.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2022, 09:56:42 AM »
When the lady says she wants crab Benedict for breakfast, you make her crab Benedict!

those are some sexy lookin vittles sir. well done. that your quick hollandaise? I ran with that recipe you sent me the other day and it's a keeper.

yes sir, that is the recipe.

https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/30-second-hollandaise-sauce/#recipe
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:00:49 AM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal