GENERAL TOPICS > Adventure

Clifton Gorge Day Trip

(1/3) > >>

Flyin6:
I didn't get any wheeling done today, but we did head out to a pretty cool state park in Ohio, Clifton Gorge park and nature preserve.

https://ohiodnr.gov/go-and-do/plan-a-visit/find-a-property/clifton-gorge-state-nature-preserve

Flyin6:
I was surprised to find such a unique geological feature in the flatlands between Dayton and Xenia, Ohio. But right there is a no-kidding rip-roaring gorge a hundred feet of more deep cutting right through the forest there.

Flyin6:
Sorry for the picture orientation, my I-phone is not playing well with the forum again.

But this thing is literally straight down to a fast river that is doing a great job of cutting down into mother earth and the parent limestone there.

Flyin6:
They have four trails in the Nature Preserve, and we did all of them. Some are easy and some a bit more challenging. Be in good cardio shape and have good knees and be fitted with some good hiking shoes for the up and down parts. A lot of the trail system is on bridges, walkways and the like that are built right into the landscape.

Flyin6:
Man this sideways picture orientation is really bugging me!

On one of the trails is the actual Clifton falls, a small one but easily accessed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version