GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

"There I was" the story thread

<< < (2/7) > >>

JR:
Sounds more like a movie. But they say real life is better than a movie.

OK, mine is coming and has pictures, kinda juicy.

JR:
Not so much scary, but something I always remember and I have pics!

So around 15 years ago I was working grave shift. Just 2 on duty for 900sq miles. We roll into the office around 0545 and get call of possible suicide by train about 10 miles from the office. Jurisdiction was unknown, I was OIC so I took the call. Rolled up same time as a town detective arrived (my old partner in the SO) and he called jurisdiction. The Amtrac had slowed for the run through the city and was only doing 70 when they said some in a sleeping back had stood in front of the train. They were 2 miles away now and the route was closed. These were the old style tracks with spikes.

Since I was there I asked if I could take pictures, he said sure. (I later gave copies to SO for training) Not posting all though.

First thing see is you know what  :shocked: , then a pile here, a mound there and chunks ripped off by the spike heads. It was pretty hard to ID some parts plus it had that gammy smell.

Flyin6:
OK, so that was nasty...

What causes a human to do something like that?

I wonder if they had the chance to accept Jesus...

Because passing is only an instant, ya, maybe loads of suffering to that point, but separation from God for all eternity, that's a big price to pay.

The sign at the gates to hell reads, "surrender all hope."

Sobering

Bigdave_185:
That’s gross. No pictures needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:
Homeless guy in a sleeping bag. Those aren't the good ones,,,,,,,,,,,,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version