GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

Cool Pics

(1/2) > >>

Flyin6:
From an aviator senior to me, from back in his day. Reportedly of him flying over the everglades.

Bigdave_185:
Why is the majority of the green but the back tail have orange parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on February 11, 2019, 09:46:17 AM ---Why is the majority of the green but the back tail have orange parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
That was the Army of the 70's. From above the parts were orange so other aircraft could see and acquire them quickly. And if the aircraft crashed, the debris field is easier to spot with the orange parts.

Obviously with the technology of today, you need to camo up best you can in visible and invisible spectrums equally

Flyin6:
That Snake is a 1st gen "G" model. The next one that came out had the G model round windshield but all sorts of improvements. It was known as a Mod-S. After that came the S-model then finally the F model Cobra. I actually flew Mod-S snakes in 1982 for a few months. Nothing to write home about, only 60 hours, but in that short time, all in the field) I really felt the muscular prowess of that machine. First time I ever had an helo upside down, and straight up and sliding backwards. Wonderful aircraft, that one, just not very powerful. Apaches carry so, so much more whoop a$$.

Nate:
They may carry a lot more fire power, but they have become sssssooooooo underpowered.  We got sent to pick the pieces up off a many mountain side as well as secure the site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version