GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

Cool Pics

<< < (2/2)

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Nate on February 11, 2019, 11:14:15 AM ---They may carry a lot more fire power, but they have become sssssooooooo underpowered.  We got sent to pick the pieces up off a many mountain side as well as secure the site.

--- End quote ---
At high altitudes like those in Afghanistan, that is true of nearly every helicopter. The notable exception, is our Chinook. Still able to operate at 10,000 feet with a good load, the hook became the bird of choice for practically any mission up in the hills.

Not in the Army inventory, but that AW139 I flew over there had even more power to weight than the Chinook, Still the highest performance helo I have ever flown, but not laden with a bunch of JPD (just plain dump) equipment. and no armor, which admittedly, I sort of missed in a few LZ's, like Cobra, and Anaconda...

oklawall:
Question: Would it make me old if I had a few flights in a huey and got lifted up to one on a forest penetrator? Asking for a friend

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: oklawall on February 11, 2019, 08:14:41 PM ---Question: Would it make me old if I had a few flights in a huey and got lifted up to one on a forest penetrator? Asking for a friend

--- End quote ---
Yes, it quite possibly could.

oklawall:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 11, 2019, 08:15:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: oklawall on February 11, 2019, 08:14:41 PM ---Question: Would it make me old if I had a few flights in a huey and got lifted up to one on a forest penetrator? Asking for a friend

--- End quote ---
Yes, it quite possibly could.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, That friend said it was great and wouldn't change a thing :cool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version