Author Topic: James  (Read 501 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
James
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:59:24 AM »
I thought I'd post up things as I feel led to do so

Today, before studying he word of God, I was talking with my wife. She stated "Bad times are coming to us here in America." She continued by saying that as she strived to get closer to God, that he was making her aware of some things.

Those things are the same things that are weighing on the hearts and minds of every believer here. Something is indeed coming. You know it, I know it. Our nation has unfortunately turned away from him and has indeed turned evil. It is everywhere you look. Our TVs are polluted with all manner of evil and abomination. Magazines?? Same. Literally everywhere...

No news here, we all know it, and we see it. If you are a believer and spend any time in the word, then the things you read there  either smacks in the face of the American scene to some extent, or serves to convict us as a nation.

BTW, I would encourage every man of God out there to spend quiet time with him in the word every single day. I don't always, but Later note that I don't feel grounded when I skip it or start with something else.

Having said that, this morning's reading led me to James. I always wondered what it would have been like being the brother of Jesus, so I am naturally fascinated by James, and I really pay attention to what he says.

James 1:2-5, 12-14 Consider it pure Joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything. IF any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Blessed is the one who preservers under trial because having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. When tempted, no one would say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot b tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone, but each person is dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is full grown, gives birth to death.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal