Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1329343 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #12000 on: March 21, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »
So today I made a trash run and then made brisket and egg breakfast tacos, started cleaning up the shop and throwing stuff out.  Then I got on the roof of the shop and blew off about 1000lb of pine needles.  Been waaay too long since I did that.

Then finished insulating the pipes on the whole house water filter I installed.

Installed 5 towel hooks in the guest house bathroom so the girls can keep their towels off the floor (theoretically). Then trimmed with the string trimmer around the pond(I now stay a long way away from the pond with the mower)

Put some new batteries in the game cameras

Then I made brisket stuffed baked potatoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Day-(Y)Um
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: March 21, 2020, 10:12:59 PM »
Oh yeah.  They were “Nate worthy”

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: March 21, 2020, 10:15:17 PM »

Smoking these atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: March 21, 2020, 10:17:52 PM »
I prepped 4 hutterite chickens that have been in the freezer for a little while for a glorious rest in a smokey sauna tomorrow.  Well have some smoked chix for a lunch/supper and the rest will get put into 1lb portion vac sealed bags for the freezer.

The necks, livers, gizzards, bones and skins will be used for a chix soup/stew of some kind!  We are doing it little house on the prairie style!!!!

After that, i sliced up a 20+lb pork loin into 1" pirk chops, vac sealed those and into the deep freeze they went.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: March 22, 2020, 09:45:33 AM »
Yougnin, that's wrong a couple of different ways!

Well, we live about 52 miles apart, so there's already social distance. I didn't want to, but I eventually came to a decision after talking to her. Already plan on getting down there next weekend.

Also yesterday the family was cutting up, and vacuum sealing the hamburger and lip on ribeye I bought from work.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:47:46 AM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: March 22, 2020, 09:48:44 AM »

New word: NateWorthy

NateWorthy: noun; refers to food
                   as in, this here brisket is NateWorthy, meaning as gud as Nates stuff
                   1. description of a selection of prepared food which is excellent. 2. food which has special preparation which is "note worthy" in the culinary world.
                   Adj: as in describing a dish or chef that is a standout in the world of deliciousness. "Why you're a nateworthy cook my friend with that thar chunk of
                   sirloin and baked taters!"

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: March 22, 2020, 09:51:04 AM »
Yougnin, that's wrong a couple of different ways!

Well, we live about 52 miles apart, so there's already social distance. I didn't want to, but I eventually came to a decision after talking to her. Already plan on getting down there next weekend.

Also yesterday the family was cutting up, and vacuum sealing the hamburger and lip on ribeye I bought from work.
OK Sarge, point of order here. being 52 miles away is not social distancing. It's just plain, "DISTANCE."
Sergeants...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: March 22, 2020, 11:36:21 AM »
OK Sarge, point of order here. being 52 miles away is not social distancing. It's just plain, "DISTANCE."
Sergeants...

A distance this grunt could cross on foot carrying gear, while our erstwhile associates in Aviation would balk at such an option.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:38:04 AM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: March 22, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »

1. description of a selection of prepared food which is excellent. 2. food which has special preparation which is "note worthy" in the culinary world.
                   Adj: as in describing a dish or chef that is a standout in the world of deliciousness. "Why you're a nateworthy cook my friend with that thar chunk of
Pretty good!
When you going to finish that book yuuz was talking about a whilst back?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: March 22, 2020, 06:35:51 PM »
Well apparently my sisters kid has a friend with the virus, they were not smart enough to not spend time together, sleep over if I heard correctly.  Well they have been at grandmas with my kids at grandmas and now we have a whole mess of who the F knows if anyone could or is infected. So looks like we are on lockdown for the next little while!   Or until I get stir crazy.   

As of 1600 I am with no fever, wife n kids are same.   Time will tell and last mix with sisters kids was Thursday. 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: March 22, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »
Felt like crud the last week, all the symptons. More than likely have it, getting a little better now. And we have plenty of TP,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ordered a plasma table (3x4) set for June delivery.

Saw this in a bright green this weekend up in Sparks, leave it at that.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: March 22, 2020, 07:43:03 PM »
What brand table?

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: March 22, 2020, 08:39:48 PM »
Been kind of crazy around these parts. Got back from baseball spring training (have friends that their son plays for one of the teams). Boss told me that with traveling in so many states (4 counting home state) to work from home which is stuff nightmares are made of. Now they want everyone that can to work from home because people are popping up positive with the virus. Grandson surgery, friend with stage 4 liver cancer. Just ready for things to get back to normal. tried to support my local gun shop but he didn't have anything I needed.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: March 22, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »
What brand table?

Langmuir. Been quietly eyeing 4x4s for sometime and almost got the XL, then saw the pro (bingo). Going to add the Z torch setup for it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: March 22, 2020, 10:09:15 PM »
Sergeants...

A distance this grunt could cross on foot carrying gear, while our erstwhile associates in Aviation would balk at such an option.

2 NM a minute at 120 KGS, 26 min trip and about 1,200 lbs of fuel

No sweat

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12015 on: March 22, 2020, 10:19:44 PM »

Pretty good!
When you going to finish that book yuuz was talking about a whilst back?
Ya know, that's a good question

So here's what I have going and could do

I was writing the back story to Distant Thunder, from a Christian perspective, but...
A marketing friend of mine suggested I turn it into using the lessons learned to teach a point about Christian lifestyle. His argument is that the self improvement books do better and he wanted me to write something worthy of a best seller list.
Secondly, the CIEMR concept would be a good one to write a book of essays that are about wisdom and life's lessons.
Finally, I was about 30,000 words into a biography of my military career, not so much about me, but the funny and not so funny stuff I was in or experienced.

Now with all that, I have been helping a man of some significance and importance for a number of years. He is the head of a political party and is is going to run for the presidency of that nation. He is also a prince. I see him becoming a king, and I was also putting stuff away to write his story ascending to the throne, should all of that happen. I call that one, "The making of a King, the story of Dr. ____ ______.

So, Kenneth, which one would you like to see?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: March 22, 2020, 11:02:33 PM »
Hmm. All worthy topics, but if I were to choose one it be the military stories. I always appreciate hearing stories from you guys that have been there and done that, both good and bad, happy and sad.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: March 22, 2020, 11:19:19 PM »
Hmm. All worthy topics, but if I were to choose one it be the military stories. I always appreciate hearing stories from you guys that have been there and done that, both good and bad, happy and sad.
Gotta be in a certain mood to write that stuff...
 So what was your favorite story from Distant Thunder?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:20:11 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: March 22, 2020, 11:58:43 PM »
Oh boy, last time I read that was a ways back...but I distinctly remember how you described helicopters in general, how they were always trying to tear themselves apart.
..and the Panama stuff. Iirc that's where some scary stories came from.
Everyone seems to focus on the middle East, so the South America crap you guys "cut your teeth on", becoming the SF of aviation, was eye opening.
..or was it Grenada?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: March 23, 2020, 06:19:26 AM »
I liked the parts when you talked about your dad.  And the back scratching...

I spent 8 hours in the shop cleaning and reorganizing.  Still have a few hours to go.  Throwing a bunch of stuff out that I’ve drug around for years like a homeless person.  Found some old LML parts I’m going to sell too. 

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: March 23, 2020, 06:40:39 PM »
Pulled trigger on building a car hauler trailer for the shop today.

Had been acquiring “things” when a good deal come around for some time now. Picked up a set of 7200# axles from Farmer Jon last summer which Nate so kindly delivered. Purchased over a ton of 3x3 1/4 angle out of the back of a Kohl’s Dept store they moved for $200 and today I picked up a set of Chevy truck rims and crappy tires for $100 to fit those axles. Tires will get updated in the future as will the wheel bearings, seals and brakes on the axles prior to use.

I then ordered new 3 20’ lengths of c6 and a single length of c3 channel for the frame along with some trailer parts to hang axles.

Shooting for 22-24’ deck with dovetail and removable ramps and pintle hitch. Probably use some tube in shop and bend up drive over fenders. Should see rest of the steel by end of week. In meantime going to start fabricating the 3x3 x1/4 angle into a heavy C shape for the upper frame structure, the c6 will be lower frame and tongue. The single piece of c3 will most likely be ramp material.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:42:52 PM by stlaser »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: March 23, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »
Odd.  I just purchased a trailer today also,   A 25 ft fifth wheel camper that is pretty much garbage, good tires, good axles, frame looks ok and most important it has the next piece of my trailer, a fridge.  So $400 bucks I get my fridge and I’ll see what rolls out of the rest.   Still cheaper then a fridge no matter how I roll it out and the gent is going to deliver it.

Thought is maybe turn the frame into a flat bed with a new hitch as I don’t need a fifth hitch in my way

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: March 23, 2020, 09:44:06 PM »
Cleaning the garage I found the fold down steps for the new trailer.

Still have a 6k winch that needs a home too. Front of trailer or with the burb I'm flipping.

Still have way more to go on the garage,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: March 24, 2020, 01:21:30 AM »
$200 bucks a decent price for a B&W turnover ball hitch for my truck a decent price?

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: March 24, 2020, 01:31:32 AM »
$200 bucks a decent price for a B&W turnover ball hitch for my truck a decent price?

Yes! $479 most places.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: March 24, 2020, 06:47:09 AM »
Yeah and if you don’t buy it let me know. Been thinking about adding one to The Bus

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: March 24, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »

The last one I bought was $600 installed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: March 24, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »
Yesterday was a big day. We swapped out the exhaust tips on my brothers truck. Cleaned and bedded the cattle barn and fixed some gates.
Made one slight miscalculation. Welded the hinges on in the wrong position so the gate won't open all the way. It was late in the day so we shoved a post in the ground to hold it for now until I can find some more hinges. Getting that vice that goes in the receiver hitch was a good investment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: March 24, 2020, 09:06:17 AM »
I’ll make adjustments towards the purchase of the hitch.  Local guy with a few Silverado parts I am interested in.  Need a new front bumper as the pressure washer took all of my chrome off on one side last fall.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: March 24, 2020, 10:24:25 AM »
Well made a run back to Houston before the shelter In place order starts.

Taking a few house guns back to the hide since no one will be here and if looting starts I don’t want them to end up in the hands of criminals or liberals.

Taking a few other odds and ends back too and making one last grocery trip in the small town down the road

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12030 on: March 24, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
Odd place to store guns In the bathroom vanity

I do applaud the color choice and glazing.  Looks nice

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: March 24, 2020, 12:45:56 PM »
Well made a run back to Houston before the shelter In place order starts.

Taking a few house guns back to the hide since no one will be here and if looting starts I don’t want them to end up in the hands of criminals or liberals.

Taking a few other odds and ends back too and making one last grocery trip in the small town down the road

Atta kid!

At this time I'm still driving into work as an "essential" so I ran through a refresher course with the wife on the 870. we've got more than enough essentials and there aren't a lot of people around us, and those that are, are also well equipped. but just in case someone decides they need something I have...
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: March 24, 2020, 04:43:31 PM »
Dave, what year is your truck.
Logistics will be a bear.
I’ve got both from my 2006 sitting in the back collecting dust.

Not at all sure how to get them to where you are, shipping would be gruesome.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: March 24, 2020, 04:44:30 PM »
Dave, what year is your truck.
Logistics will be a bear.
I’ve got both from my 2006 sitting in the back collecting dust.

Not at all sure how to get them to where you are, shipping would be gruesome.
package well, Fastenal store to store if they have one up north?

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: March 24, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »
I gotta take it south. It would likely be $1-2k from the outfit that comes here.
Criminal rates they charge.

I’ll check into the fastenal thing.
That is like the hardware Fastenal correct?
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: March 24, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »
Correct, they will ship stuff in their own trucks store to store fairly reasonable just make sure it’s packaged well to avoid stupid

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: March 24, 2020, 05:28:28 PM »
I've used Fastenal a few times.  It works great.  They aren't dinner it right now though.  All there stores are closed due to the virus.  You can't even get an estimate right now.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:43 PM »
Odd place to store guns In the bathroom vanity

I do applaud the color choice and glazing.  Looks nice

Well they were in a safe in the closet

So got back from that last trip to houston to find my wife used my $300 Emerson Karambit as a pet tool and broke the tip off of it. I’m not gonna say I lost my shiite but I couldn’t believe it.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: March 24, 2020, 10:18:50 PM »
Fixed the zero turn, pulled a service then cut the grass. No sooner than I finished, it started to rain.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: March 24, 2020, 11:25:13 PM »
You know how one thing leads to another,   I stayed home yesterday and purchased a trailer

Next I purchased that hitch

Used mommas traverse as my rig is still down wit me a driveshaft. 
But no shaft made it easier to install

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: March 25, 2020, 12:02:19 AM »
Dang Dave you wasted no time!
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: March 25, 2020, 06:47:37 AM »
What are your plans for the trailer?

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: March 25, 2020, 09:10:33 AM »
What are your plans for the trailer?

I bet he tries to fit that slide out into his other trailer project.

Actually he said he was buying it cheap to get the fridge out of it, then maybe turning it in to a flat deck, which I wouldn't do.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: March 25, 2020, 09:16:53 AM »
Actually he said he was buying it cheap to get the fridge out of it, then maybe turning it in to a flat deck, which I wouldn't do.

Don’t think it would hold H?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: March 25, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »
Ken has the right idea,, except why not turn it into a flat bed? What’s the logic?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12045 on: March 25, 2020, 01:37:52 PM »
Probably due to the design those get a lot of strength from the trailer shell

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: March 25, 2020, 03:28:27 PM »
They make a pretty decent trailer for light duty if you put a good deck on.  The frames are pretty flimsy. 

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: March 25, 2020, 04:26:03 PM »
I didn’t have intention of hauling much on it honestly.  I took My wonky trailer and messed it up for haulin things
So a simple flat deck would work great I think

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: March 26, 2020, 12:26:04 AM »
Just not as easy as it sounds is all.
..and pretty flimsy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:26:55 AM by KensAuto »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: March 26, 2020, 10:10:12 AM »
Just not as easy as it sounds is all.
..and pretty flimsy.

Read ^^^^^^ can’t haul H so I was right!  :evil:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal