TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

New to me workbench and other stuff

<< < (2/3) > >>

JR:
Also have been looking for a 2 post lift. New would be great but the prices for something nice is crazy and not getting better.

So I found a 9k Rotary asymmetrical about 100 miles away, way less than 1/2 new price and ready to go. Others were farther, you had to take down when they were ready or dig up from a field and loading was up to you. This was sitting on trailer and he had a excavator to load. He just got bigger ones.

Was just as he said, parts were organized, hoses plugged, just nice. 2K and it was mine. His poor little Yanmar mini struggled, but we got it loaded up.

Trip home was fun, going past Sears Point in Sonoma, traffic stopped. Took 2 hours to get to Vallejo and there was a nasty wreck on the bridge over Mare Island Straight (yep, the old shipyard "hobbyshop") Seems a semi jackknifed, went over the railing smashing a camry (killing its driver) then burned. Front axle was about 100ft behind it where a ford truck with a smashed front end say on the other side on the divider. Pic shows what I saw but from the press.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Weird, last time I went the same way (hwy 37 - Lakeville Hwy) a motorcyclist was killed.

Bigdave_185:
Sounds like a great productive week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:
Knarly accident^^^

So, has anyone been taking inventory of our new normal?

America today is not what it was two years ago

Restaurant service is poor, food is not as good...The newest generation is all but crap at most tasks I see. Can't function as a team at McDonalds, knows nothing at auto parts stores, unable to communicate if asked a question, and sense of responsibility is barely present.

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 31, 2021, 11:28:52 AM ---Knarly accident^^^

So, has anyone been taking inventory of our new normal?

America today is not what it was two years ago

Restaurant service is poor, food is not as good...The newest generation is all but crap at most tasks I see. Can't function as a team at McDonalds, knows nothing at auto parts stores, unable to communicate if asked a question, and sense of responsibility is barely present.

--- End quote ---
I think customer service in the food industry has been crap for longer then two years, we don’t go out much and haven’t for a long time.

Hope to see the next election make some major channges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:
Starting to go through the contents of the paint cabinet. More than doubled my $$$ here, 5 boxes.

Epoxy floor paint, 5 quarts of tap magic, 30 cans of spray paint, pumps, traps, lubricants and lots of odd ball stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version