Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hide/bugout site build thread Part 1  (Read 193000 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hide/bugout site build thread
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2015, 09:06:40 AM »
Lookin good but man, it sure made a mess if that JD. Even though that brush guard is a little short, I bet it saved the rad a few times!

Nothing that can't be fixed

And that brush guard which was their HD option, has scrape marks on it, so you are correct my friend!

Was a good day like Bobby said. Just got lost in it cutting, pushin' diggin' tippin' over, sliding, pulling embedded locust thorns out of my knoggin' when a tree swatted my face, watchin the boys chase a snake, shootin, knockin' holes in the old house...all very therapeutic!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2015, 09:11:58 AM »
When I bush hog, as we have seen, if I can drive over it, it gets cut down and chomped up.

I wanted to improve vis in all directions so I started pushing back the overgrowth. I think for just a few hours of rotary cutting the area is beginning to open up

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »
In preparation of the burning of the house and the shed, I pushed back the brush some. Eventually, I'll cut everything back a couple hundred feet

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:43 AM »
This paddle holster held the G23 in place through all that work. At the end of the day, even though I had a bloody head, three teeth which were rattling, the tractor was all buggered up, my trusty Glock was as secure as a new born in it's momma's arms!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »
At the end of this day, we loaded up everything and scared several hundred hippies on the drive home with that wide trailer with no rear lights.

But soon will come the day when the tractor remains there, and sometime after that, so will I!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »
As thick as those woods look, you might consider contracting with a Forestry expert and reputable timber company to come in generate some return on investment to restore the health of your woods, before you start your sustainability improvements and bug-out work.  That and a good controlled burn would turn the place into Eden of sorts.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »
That's awesome, nice machine. Dad and I are lookin at a 3032e in the next couple years. 4 series is really nice... Too big for us tho.
Property is lookin good!

And amen on getting a forester to assess the timber. They say that if a stand needs a good thinning, you'll grow more than you cut out within a couple years...
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »
Don't know how old the out building or the house is, but you might want to check out the value of the boards and beams before lighting them off.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2015, 03:05:39 PM »
The pic with the plywood lengthwise next to the concrete fireplace?? looks like a perfect spot for a short range.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2015, 03:07:39 PM »
Don't know how old the out building or the house is, but you might want to check out the value of the boards and beams before lighting them off.
Believe me, Bob I am looking into all options. Nothing save the wood burning stove in the house is salvageable...that and a water heater and water pump in a snake infested basement!

Maybe I can talk Duane into going down in there, or Bobby, he is a snake eater...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
The pic with the plywood lengthwise next to the concrete fireplace?? looks like a perfect spot for a short range.
Look carefully at the thousand + holes already in it. Wee-Rangers have been chewing that up with a 10-22 Ruger, a 20 gage, my M4 and some pistols!

Places all over that property for ranges.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2015, 03:19:11 PM »
As thick as those woods look, you might consider contracting with a Forestry expert and reputable timber company to come in generate some return on investment to restore the health of your woods, before you start your sustainability improvements and bug-out work.  That and a good controlled burn would turn the place into Eden of sorts.
Copy that red Rider

Duane and I are talking, emailing and so forth with timber companies and master loggers. I am on the Univ of KY ag department forestry program at the moment learning...

Here's what I do know already. Cedar logs sell nearby my farm for anywhere from 1.21 up to over $40 a log. A log is of various diameters and cut to 8'4".
I have hundreds to clear off the road and fields. As I do, almost on a daily basis, I plan to delimb them on the spot, then grab them with that 4-1 bucket on the tractor and stack a 10,000 pound load onto the trailer.

I thought about it, and I am going to set daily goals. For example, I want to buy a 1500 gal water tank. It costs $699. So one day, I am going to harvest $700 worth of cedars, then haul them up to the mill, then order the water tank. And enjoy the property opening up while I do it.

Early on I am going to put in my first crop

Know what it is going to be??

Any takers??

Lilliac!

Yep, I think I'll set out two rows of Lilliac which I can begin to harvest in a couple years. I am also thinking of raising some Ginsing and I want to raise some Koi.

Back in the day, I owned a timber frame house and had a pond set into the floor. I had Japanese Koi in that pond. Some of those fish were valued at $1200. I heard that the only pond in the area better than mine belonged to Wynonna Judd! Jack Green the guy who sold me the fish, supplied her fish as well. American Koi stink. THe japs make better ones (opposite rule from kar buildin')

Anyway, I am going to generate income from that property all the while. And best part is I paid cash for the place...Don't owe a dime on it, it's all mine. And if lady luck is sailing my direction the property is about to become much larger!

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
Good progress, sorry I missed it.  I'll help salvage the stove and stainless chimney parts.  The water heater is probably not worth saving.  The shallow-well cistern pump might be, probably worth pulling that out too.  If the pump head is cast iron they sell rebuild kits for those.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »
That's awesome, nice machine. Dad and I are lookin at a 3032e in the next couple years. 4 series is really nice... Too big for us tho.
Property is lookin good!

And amen on getting a forester to assess the timber. They say that if a stand needs a good thinning, you'll grow more than you cut out within a couple years...

Could I offer some advice here?

The 3032 is mechanical as in a manual transmission.

I'd look at their hydrostatic tractor and that 3037 is one of my favorites.

I have owned J Deere hydrostatic tractors since either the late 80's or early 90's.

I have never experienced a failure with one, never!

I used a 5300 to dig a 20 foot deep pond in Tennessee. I've put roads in, had back hoes hooked to two of them and no problems. Before that I had a manual shift tractor and it was OK except when doing shuttle loader work. That's when the hydrostat really shines!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »
Good progress, sorry I missed it.  I'll help salvage the stove and stainless chimney parts.  The water heater is probably not worth saving.  The shallow-well cistern pump might be, probably worth pulling that out too.  If the pump head is cast iron they sell rebuild kits for those.

This past weekend, the boys thought that Cistern was a urinal!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2015, 04:05:15 PM »
LOL- they won't after you have them scrub it down with bleach after the burn!  ;D

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »
LOL- they won't after you have them scrub it down with bleach after the burn!  ;D

I don't plan on reusing it anyway. When Big Red gets fixed I will push all that business back in and dig a proper hole there!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2015, 04:56:11 PM »
Look carefully at the thousand + holes already in it. Wee-Rangers have been chewing that up with a 10-22 Ruger, a 20 gage, my M4 and some pistols!

I noticed the impact scars. I meant from the concrete shrine outwards you have an open area that has a (it appears on the photos) gentle grade. That looks to me like a tailor made KD zero range.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:15:58 AM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »

I noticed the impact scars. I meant from the concrete shrine outwards you  have an open area that has a (it appears on the photos) gentle grade. That looks to me like a tailor made KD zero range.

Funny how you guys (Infantry) think
I have two Marine buddies up here. One a grunt who did Fulushia 1 and a recon Marine.
When they see pics of the farm they are situating rifle ranges, combat pistol courses, backstops and things like that.
Well, we all think a lot, I see a nice approach along the ridge into a open flat field with a hill obscuring you once you're down...

That field is several hundred meters long and slopes down. I definitely will doze up a backstop down there and put a steel target in place. The only thing that concerns me is that it is down slope and how that will mess with trajectory vs flat ground.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:00:37 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2015, 10:23:30 PM »
Today was my birthday

I got a surprise

A new addition to our family's security plan

I named him "Ranger"

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »
Awesome!  Happy Birthday Don!  Watch out Red Dog doesn't carry him off and 'burry him!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2015, 11:27:47 PM »
Happy birthday Don

I highly recommend these guys. Bought a few myself and they ship cheap from MN
http://www.shootsteel.com
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2015, 11:42:18 PM »
Property is lookin good!

Could I offer some advice here?

The 3032 is mechanical as in a manual transmission.

I'd look at their hydrostatic tractor and that 3037 is one of my favorites.

I have owned J Deere hydrostatic tractors since either the late 80's or early 90's.

I have never experienced a failure with one, never!

I used a 5300 to dig a 20 foot deep pond in Tennessee. I've put roads in, had back hoes hooked to two of them and no problems. Before that I had a manual shift tractor and it was OK except when doing shuttle loader work. That's when the hydrostat really shines!

Solid advice. We are definitely going to get a hydrostatic. Although I thought the 3032e was hydrostatic, and the 3037 was just the turbo'd version of the same power train.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »
And happy birthday chief!
NRA Life Member

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2015, 12:27:36 AM »
Happy birthday Don!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2015, 03:55:21 AM »
Happy birthday Chief.

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2015, 06:46:31 AM »
At the end of this day, we loaded up everything and scared several hundred hippies on the drive home with that wide trailer with no rear lights.

What happened to the lights? They worked last spring when I picked up that 1st Gen chassis.  Squirrels get to the wiring?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2015, 08:00:30 AM »
Thanks to everyone on the birthday wishes, you all are very kind indeed!

Feels different being 49 (again)

Kyle, my bad on the 3032, I thought it was the manual trans. Should be a keeper!

Mike, red dog is already in the WTH(eck) mode. Sled dog is N O T cool with it, tried to punch to get through a window to get at Ranger. The cat snuck in then around the corner comes Ranger. Cat jumped up on a chair and hissed. So I picked up the mutt and put them nose to nose. Cat was cool and Ranger had no clue what was up...but he is not KA (Kat aggressive)

Charles,
I'll check them out. Rifle ranges are to be installed at the VBL (Very basic level) comes right after water source I think!

Duane, I busted them all off and ripped some of the wires loose going down that "driveway"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:02:30 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2015, 09:39:02 AM »
Happy birthday Chief!
The addition looks like a fine one.

The rest will learn to deal with him in time, the always do.
I have three now, 15 yrs border collie, 5 yrs chocolate lab, 4 yrs lab collie cross.
Only ever a few battles, but they're a happy family now.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
Happy Birthday.  Hope it was a great one all around.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2015, 09:59:15 AM »
Happy Birthday.  Hope it was a great one all around.
It was indeed!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2015, 10:10:39 AM »
49 what?

decades? :pokin'fun@Don

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
49 what?

decades? :pokin'fun@Don

That's getting biblical! ;-))

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
The only thing that concerns me is that it is down slope and how that will mess with trajectory vs flat ground.

If it's a very gentle grade, it shouldn't cause too much of a difference. However, that is also something important to learn anyway. I'll find the calculator and post it up.

Celebrating the Bday the reasoning behind the late night replies to the PM?

Naw, just up late with Ranger
He's getting used to things in his new home!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:43:58 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2015, 11:45:07 AM »
If it's a very gentle grade, it shouldn't cause too much of a difference. However, that is also something important to learn anyway. I'll find the calculator and post it up.

I agree...that looks like maybe 350-400 yards..?....trajectory wouldn't be a factor on that slope.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:45:47 AM by KensAuto »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2015, 11:50:05 AM »
Naw, just up late with Ranger
He's getting used to things in his new home!

You don't have to hide it Chief, you were laying on the floor acting like a kid who just got a new puppy.

I agree...that looks like maybe 350-400 yards..?....trajectory wouldn't be a factor on that slope.

Couple inches give or take. I don't know off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:51:00 AM by BobbyB »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »
"Up late with Ranger....."

Good thing puppies are cute, cause they're a PIA!  My current one has tested my resolve more then all others combined!

Not seeming to get the "hold it" part of the program at 4am, so in trying to facilitate crate training protocol, I'm getting up!  Then, since he's up, he wants to play!  Scared crap outta me this am when I held him still cuddled against me, he went limp after struggling- he just gave in like I flipped a switch; thought I killed him or did the sleeper hold!

Put yourself, pup and sled dog in small room and work it out, asserting YOU are the Alpha of the pack.  I've had to do that on occasion with mine and guest dogs of friends that I've taken care of.  Had as many a 4 intact males loose and free in the house together without issue, but I'm always monitoring.  Lifting by the collar shoulder high with some firm affirmations and stern incantations including "NO" and putting them down to try again, lays a firm foundation of what's not tolerated when you "speak" to them to knock it off (adult dogs).  Puppies I leave for on the floor and rattled them by the collar with same incantation.  Adult dogs off the ground takes away their security, pack status etc.

When you got the pup and each as individuals getting along, introduce all three and be ready to repeat the process as needed.  Sometimes that third element can throw a wrench into the dynamic so keep on your toes- especially if you toss a female in the mix; they can be the worst, hence the name they're reffered to by in the dog world!

Have fun- beautiful pup; the Mrs. Six pulled one over on you it seems!  Good for her!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2015, 03:22:35 PM »
"Up late with Ranger....."

Good thing puppies are cute, cause they're a PIA!  My current one has tested my resolve more then all others combined!

Not seeming to get the "hold it" part of the program at 4am, so in trying to facilitate crate training protocol, I'm getting up!  Then, since he's up, he wants to play!  Scared crap outta me this am when I held him still cuddled against me, he went limp after struggling- he just gave in like I flipped a switch; thought I killed him or did the sleeper hold!

Put yourself, pup and sled dog in small room and work it out, asserting YOU are the Alpha of the pack.  I've had to do that on occasion with mine and guest dogs of friends that I've taken care of.  Had as many a 4 intact males loose and free in the house together without issue, but I'm always monitoring.  Lifting by the collar shoulder high with some firm affirmations and stern incantations including "NO" and putting them down to try again, lays a firm foundation of what's not tolerated when you "speak" to them to knock it off (adult dogs).  Puppies I leave for on the floor and rattled them by the collar with same incantation.  Adult dogs off the ground takes away their security, pack status etc.

When you got the pup and each as individuals getting along, introduce all three and be ready to repeat the process as needed.  Sometimes that third element can throw a wrench into the dynamic so keep on your toes- especially if you toss a female in the mix; they can be the worst, hence the name they're reffered to by in the dog world!

Have fun- beautiful pup; the Mrs. Six pulled one over on you it seems!  Good for her!
OK, copy all that
I've done dogs for decades and they all know who's the Alpha.
I have a command "Leave-it"
I can yell from an adjacent property and the red dog will cease and desist.
The sled dog and red dog are females. Ranger is a boy. That should help some.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2015, 09:17:52 PM »

Basic physics and trig. 

Forces at right angles have no effect on each other. At an angle, a part of the distance is actually vertical and not horizontal. So the only part that has an impact on your calculation is the horizontal component.  Think of a triangle and Pythagorean theorem

Youre at the top of the triangle on the left, "a" feet above your target and your firing along "c".  In reality gravity is only acting along the distance of "b".

So the odd part is whether you are above or below your target on an angle you will always hold low (assuming you are beyond the distance of the bullet apogee)

If you want to get very specific, you can use Pythagorean and if you are 100 yards above your target and you range it at 1000 yards, then doing the math, you should range for 995 yards. (a very slight hold under)

The other way, using trig is to take your elevation angle in degrees, use the cosine function and multiply that times you sight distance.  In the prior example, that degree would be 5.75 degrees and cosine of 5.75 is .9946, which you would multiple by the sight distance of 1000 to get the 995 yards.

a 45 degree angle would be .707 or a real dope of 707 yard for a 1000 yard sight line at 45 degree angle.

So in reality, unless you are at severe angles, it's negligible.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »
^^^ That's good!

Translation to Don: Set up the range and start pokin' holes in paper!

My M1A thanks you!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »
Minute of deer or elk works well then

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2015, 02:48:15 AM »
Too much math reading..  :-\

I know what you're saying.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »
Darn, I missed the party!!

HB Don, Ranger looks great, kids look happy (bet your grinnin too)
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »
Darn, I missed the party!!

HB Don, Ranger looks great, kids look happy (bet your grinnin too)
YESSIR!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »
Discovered more carnage today

Didn't know it, but the trailer lost a wheel and tire. Actually discovered it yesterday, but it's not salvageable

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »
Red dog was just waiting to chew up something!

So I fixed (sort of) the tractor. The lines started looking like this:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
But ended up looking like this:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2015, 09:15:18 PM »
I function checked everything and sure enough, it all works like advertised!

Cool, back in staging for another weekend of work with that green beast

Noticed this and fixed it as well:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2015, 09:17:35 PM »
OK, Ranger pics.

Actually pretty girl and Ranger pics, since she was holding him and made for a lot better pic than me holding him for the camera, I think we all can agree!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2015, 09:32:39 PM »
OK, so now is the time to start a shelter conversation

I have many avenues I can take here

I haven't decided but we might do a poll like my BlackHawk pilot friend did.

These are the things I am currently considering:

1. Buying a ready made 14 X 36 storage shed/cabin and converting it into a cabin with the usual necessities, on wood skids

2. Same as #1, but placing it on piers and wrapping it with a deck and some shed roofs to create living space under a porch

3. Concrete foundation and small 1500 sq/ft stick built home on it with a deck. More or less just a traditional small home but with a cistern and natural heating and survival enhansements

4. (my current fav) Pole barn home. 6X6's set in the ground or on concrete piers of a modest size around 36 X 36 with a loft. Plumbing, electricity, cistern and sewer field.

5. poured foundation to form a basement then I build 4X8 and 6X8 panels at my home, haul them down there, then assemble a cabin style home on site.

6. Purchase a ready made Amish cabin of say two 14 X 36 sections fitted together on site on some sort of a pier or foundation structure.

7. Purchase a log home kit and stack her up down there

Of all the options, and I will select one, all will have some plumbing, and electricity. All will have a wood stove. All will have an auxiliary heat pump. All will have a combination of solar panels, a wind mill or three, diesel generator, and a battery shed/room. The home will have complete off grid electricial capability. Any of the above homes will also have propane and a solar heated shower as well as an on demand hot water heater.

Additionally, regardless of which way I go, I will first emplace a shed to store tools and things in, the quickly follow that with my 34' Camper. Once the camper is in place next I will hook up electricity to it, and sink a 1500 gallon water tank in the ground nearby. So at each step the property becomes more and more sustainable and livable.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:33:31 PM by Flyin6 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal