Hello Guest

Author Topic: SquareD Part 5: The build continues and gets more aggressive  (Read 419955 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SquareD Part 7: The build continues and gets more aggressive
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2014, 07:39:22 AM »
Well, while I figure out this transmission dilemma, there is no time being wasted.

I wanted to solve that shock mounting issue, so I did.

The custom shock towers I had from an earlier purchase were simply too tall to fit so instead of reinventing the wheel, I thought I'd just work with what I had.

The easiest thing to do was to shorten them, so that is what I did.

By doing that, I retained the adjustability of the unit allowing me to squeeze in a much longer shock in there anytime I want to.

So here is the actual surgery:
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2014, 07:41:16 AM »
And the "Feet" mounted up. These L-shaped feet will weld to the frame, allowing one to slide the outer section up or down to accommodate wheel wells, tires, wheels, shock lengths and who knows what else???

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2014, 07:43:47 AM »
The shock mount uses a healthy bushing arrangement that will not elongate like a simple hole through some 5/16" plate. I used old shocks to set the clearances and a big bolt to hold it all in place

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2014, 07:45:36 AM »
Next I welded the pieces of the mount together, and tacked them to the frame where I wanted them.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »
The drivers side upper mount came close to interfering with the steering column, but not quite. I cut it down afterward on the scary saw which gained me maybe 1.5" more clearance.

What I'll do is push the mounts upward and see just how long of a shock I might get in there.

Here are the weldments all glued up and permanized!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2014, 07:52:43 AM »
Still had some smoke going on in that last pic.

BTW when grinding off the frame to prep to weld, that underlying rust preventer was like iron. It was hard to get off. I think this frame is finally rust proof, at least for a time.

The parts were given some quality time with the grinder in preparation for paint

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2014, 07:55:50 AM »
Then of course, the acid etching primer and gray paint.

Funny thing was when I opened the lid of the gray paint, it was black!

Yup, they mis-mixed it. So I simply used some of my white and some of this black and mixed until I thought I was pretty close to the Lycoming gray color of the other chassis and suspension parts

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
sounds like its time to call mike at Inglewood transmission?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2014, 05:23:56 PM »
sounds like its time to call mike at Inglewood transmission?

Yea, might be.
Detected a problem
Talking to Frank over at RevMax, well, they could not solve the problem. Said they never saw that before. I didn't even mention the forward clutch is way off with clearances as well...
I did ask him why there was no reverse/low servo piston in the parts. He answered, and I am sure about this, that none was available, that none were ever made. Well that turns out to be false.
The low/reverse piston is actually a problem prone unit because the stock unit is thin and can get cocked in the bore. There are pistons available in the aftermarket for $42 that are triple the thickness that correct the problem. I ordered it already.
So, two out of three clutch packs out of tolerance and the accumulator piston bad advice and I was shorted one steel. That's three strikes + 1...not liking this and I have lost confidence in them...

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2014, 08:32:34 PM »
Hate to see this SNAFU side-lining you- it's one type of frustration when it's your mistake/error, it's really frustration supreme when it's THEIR screw-up after you've done your due diligence and you still can't get things squared!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2014, 08:07:03 AM »
Hope you get the trans stuff all figured out quickly. I really want to see this thing get installed into the truck behind that sexy powerplant and do what it is made for. It is not a big paperwieght, and I have faith you will get it sorted.
However, you did your homework, talked to the suppliers, covered the bases, and should not be in this pickle.

On a side note, this delay may help with the view to the Jap maple, as I'm sure you have several other tangents you can cover while awaiting a soultion.

Yea, I'll get it sorted. Have been reading and studying the transmission design. I can vary the clutch thicknesses, but here we go again...with me having to cipher stuff out instead of relying on industry "Experts."

I grow tired of getting a line that leads to a sale. Why can't we all just be truthful. Say something like, "I believe this will fit with 50% certainty. If not, then it will be on you to purchase new this's or that's, or just send the trans to us for the 6K build with the warranty.

As for the jap maple...The little Ranger and I are going to string Christmas lights on it in about an hour...get a shot of that as we get that all built out!

I TOO AM VERY MOTIVATED to get that honkin diesel back where it belongs. I want to get back onto projects of a more custom, off-road, and military manner.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:56:58 PM by Flyin6 »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2014, 02:06:19 PM »
So let's all talk about the front axle.

Should I leave it alone? It has an open diff with a 3.54 gear and 30 spline axles.

Or should I pull that sucker and get ahold of Tate and do his thing to it, which would be HD axles, a locker, the good manual hub kit and so forth? Maybe even upgrade all the way to 1410 U-joints?

Another question open for discussion: The gear ratio...
We have a 3.45 which is great for a stock size 31 inch tire. Now I am running 37" tires which cut that back to the 3.00 range (ish)
Now some of these dodges had a weird Dnan 61 axle with a 3.07 ratio. They ran around just fine and got mid 20's for mileage.

I built out the turbo with a huge compressor which makes the power, but with a small turbine housing which will spool fast, but will create some more back pressure.

With me so far?

By my ciphering's I will be cruising around in the 1350-1500RPM range. That would seem low, but I think this motor will be making close to 1000 ft./lbs. at that low RPM. So, again using CDL (Convoluted Don Logic), it will have more than enough power to pull anything at that RPM, and if not a quick push of the OD button brings me down a gear to 1:1, and at that low RPM, the truck should just be sipping chicken grease from it's oversized coal tanks.

The option would be to rebuild it with 4.10 gears, that would have me also buying a grizzly for the 10.25 rear axle and doing the 4.10 there as well.

Thoughts?

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »
Leave it (as far as ratios go). You'll have plenty of torque to push those tires while maintaining mileage....which is hugely important when fuel reserves become a precious commodity.

But, I have little experience when it comes to the strength of dodge axles after adding power.....maybe they're known for becoming metal splinters when you step on the fuel lever, IDK.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »
I know that no "Big D" oil change is complete without a full re-gear and build. But, it may be worth getting to a drivable state and evaluating the need for more gear or not.
I'm with Ken with the not knowing a lot on the strength and the possible grenade scenario as well.
Just my .02, but... the locker would be a handy addition.  ::)
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline streetrodchev

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »
I like the 4.10 ratio for your application, and the way the rest of the oil change is going, I would upgrade the front to 35 spline shafts and either a selectable locker or power lok. 

My '87 Chevy has a power lok with 35 spline inners and outers.  It also has a Detroit locker in the 14 bolt.  I have been able to get through or back out of places I would not have been if the front was open.  It is not my daily driver, but do run it all year long and plow snow in the winter.  I don't remember if you went through the NP205 yet, but consider a twin stick.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »
I like the 4.10 ratio for your application, and the way the rest of the oil change is going, I would upgrade the front to 35 spline shafts and either a selectable locker or power lok. 

My '87 Chevy has a power lok with 35 spline inners and outers.  It also has a Detroit locker in the 14 bolt.  I have been able to get through or back out of places I would not have been if the front was open.  It is not my daily driver, but do run it all year long and plow snow in the winter.  I don't remember if you went through the NP205 yet, but consider a twin stick.

There's one vote for the 4.10

I want to upgrade the front axle, which is a right drop low pinion Dana 60 to an air locker with 35 spline axles and Yukon's new spiffy hubs. I think that would be the smartest route while remaining with the 3.54...just cause.

It isn't a drag racer and that torque would easily get it all done, but I don't see the axles as the weak point, but the tranny. You see a 4.10 would take a lot of strain off the transmission. Trannys work best when they are running at some speed when you apply all the squeeze on them. Running 1200-1300 ft. lbs. against that converter and refried clutches will definitely push them some. The 4.10 reduces the need for all that torque and gets rid of it faster than a numerically lower geared axle

Twin stick = no leg room

I don't necessarily see why I need it, although as soon as I get done with the transmission, I'll rebuild that NP205.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:48:31 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Gil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2014, 02:33:37 PM »
With some of the questions you have with your transmission build, have you considered calling Goerend? http://www.goerend.com/

They made several of the parts in house that you are missing from your kit.  In addition, they could probably refer you to someone that is near you to help with finishing your transmission. 

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »
As for re-gearing....
What will be the most efficient (both cost effective/power useage)
What is the end result for D2 going to be? (tire size/extra weight added)
Which gear ratio will work best for some grunt when you need it, yet good for everyday use?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
With some of the questions you have with your transmission build, have you considered calling Goerend? http://www.goerend.com/

They made several of the parts in house that you are missing from your kit.  In addition, they could probably refer you to someone that is near you to help with finishing your transmission. 
Not out of ideas yet.
I like to really research things before going to "experts"
I may go elsewhere, but when I talked to Goerend to begin with they were not very interested in the 518 project so I moved on...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
As for re-gearing....
What will be the most efficient (both cost effective/power useage)
What is the end result for D2 going to be? (tire size/extra weight added)
Which gear ratio will work best for some grunt when you need it, yet good for everyday use?
This thing will have plenty of torque to move mountains with any gear. The 3.54 will get the best mileage, and the 4.10 will run best at crawl speeds off road in rough situations

Staying 3.54 makes the most sense, but adding a traction device like the new air locker Randys supplied for the other Dana 60 housing I won. But that one is again earmarked for duty in the Big Chevy

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2014, 06:24:20 PM »

This thing will have plenty of torque to move mountains with any gear. The 3.54 will get the best mileage, and the 4.10 will run best at crawl speeds off road in rough situations

Staying 3.54 makes the most sense, but adding a traction device like the new air locker Randys supplied for the other Dana 60 housing I won. But that one is again earmarked for duty in the Big Chevy

I'd stay 3.54 until you get D2 more finished than in progress. Re-evaluate and re-engage your needs/requirements at that time. Do it once, and be done with it.

But then again, I"m not doing the work, I'm just reading the updates.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Gil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2014, 07:24:54 PM »
If you don't find the information you need, with regards to transmission information, I can refer you to Pro Trans in California.  They build our racing transmissions that are based on a 727 platform.  They machine all of the internal parts in house and do more work that Gorend does with builds.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2014, 09:19:33 PM »
Feel free to share the information with them.

If they have something to offer, I'd be happy to know!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
Continuing the build, the recently welded in shock mount bases were cleaned then sprayed with undercoating

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2014, 09:28:34 PM »
While that was drying, the new crossover steering bar was dropped into place

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2014, 09:32:43 PM »
The lower shock mount faced inward, which is now 90 degrees out of phase with the new upper mount. I suppose I could have left it alone, but the shock would do a twisting thing as it stroked up and down and thinking ahead to a time when I have some odd ball shock mounted in there that cannot accommodate that twisting, I elected to line up the lower mount with the upper.

Here's the old mount stud coming out:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »
And the shock tabs which will be utilized

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »
Placing each tab in the vise, I used the plasma to notch out the bottom side to fit over that beefy mount

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2014, 09:38:20 PM »
With a couple washers to space the tabs on the shock bushing, I made lots of sparky heat that glued the tabs onto the old lower mount

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
Then the top mounts were bolted to the frame brackets

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2014, 09:42:13 PM »
I moved the mounts up as far as I could so I could run a much longer shock.

Luckily, I'll be able to run a shock a bunch longer that the 6" lift shocks I have on now.

I ended up with plenty of clearance from the steering shaft

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
The passenger side fit like a glove as well

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »
The new/old shock was fitted just for a time to check how everything lined up.

The upper shock mounts moved around a little so some adjusting will have to take place there, but otherwise, it's a pass and another project in the bag

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »
Leave it (as far as ratios go). You'll have plenty of torque to push those tires while maintaining mileage....which is hugely important when fuel reserves become a precious commodity.

But, I have little experience when it comes to the strength of dodge axles after adding power.....maybe they're known for becoming metal splinters when you step on the fuel lever, IDK.

I can speak to the 70's vintage Mopar axels, they're stout and handle torque and abuse -in over 15 years of dirt track with my Dad, only broke one axel and that was under full throttle when another car used my rear wheel for his brakes - stuffing his bumper into the rim.  It snapped the axel end at the spline at the gear assembly.  Unless they changed designs significantly, I'd leave it as is for now and put that modification down for your SECOND oil change.....  ;D  I would go with the upgrades outer parts like hubs etc. though!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2014, 11:16:05 AM »
So here's a vote to stay in with the 30 spline axles and just update the hubs (good idea) and add the locker?
Stock 3.54?

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »
I'd stay with it until you know the gears won't work for you, which I think has been determined that they 'should'. At some point the reality is they don't, that may be the time to do an all out oil change. So I think I'm voting stay with it until needs say otherwise.
Now, if you're thinking locker at this time, then thought must go into building it up only once.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
I'd stay with it until you know the gears won't work for you, which I think has been determined that they 'should'. At some point the reality is they don't, that may be the time to do an all out oil change. So I think I'm voting stay with it until needs say otherwise.
Now, if you're thinking locker at this time, then thought must go into building it up only once.
Yea, I thinking that now might be a good time to pull that axle and do the number on it. So I could

A. Install a 30 spline Yukon Air locker and hubs

B. Everything in A, + high strength axles

but if I were to replace axles, then it would make sense to:

C. Install Yukon's 35 spline locker, axles, and hubs.

D. A + change to 4.10 gears

E. C + change to 4.10 gears

F. Sober up and stop the madness!

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2014, 02:38:35 PM »
...or G: Remember you've got CMAX waitin' for attention and just shorten up the madness!! (you don't wanna stop it all together) lol

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »
Ken,

Had some projects for C-Max set up for today. then a buyer showed up, then the rain came, then it was time to rehearse for tonight's presentation, then...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Ken,

Had some projects for C-Max set up for today. then a buyer showed up, then the rain came, then it was time to rehearse for tonight's presentation, then...

Buyer for CMax?

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2014, 12:51:09 AM »
A Buyer was what I thought too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

On the front axle, all or nothing cept maybe the hubs which should not affect the "all or nothing".

Don, as good as that lower shock mount works, it doesn't look Donafied enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2014, 07:53:55 AM »
Ken,

Buyer for CMax?

No, for the Tac-Gator

Not using it at all

Only 22 hours on it since purchased 2 years ago!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »
No, for the Tac-Gator

Not using it at all

Only 22 hours on it since purchased 2 years ago!

Dang...

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2014, 02:35:24 PM »
Need to spend some more time at the farm!
Heck, I guess I'll round up the boys and head that way to clear out the cobwebs. Let's see, pick up Nate #1 since he's on the way.........

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »
Alright. back from Vegas/SEMA, I'm stepping in here to throw my hat in the ring. YZLD60-3-35 YK D60-F YHC70001 YP KP-001 AK D60-F ARBRDCKMA12 and YSPSP-028 are already in your possession for C-MAX and will fit nicely with the 3.54 gears that you SHOULD keep. the only thing you're short is the chromoly axle kit with 35 spline upgraded outers, YA W26028 including the SuperJoints will finish you off nicely. This combo gives you:
An air operated selectable locker built with fully forged chromoly case and internals
An air compressor that you have already installed under the bed
The front differential master overhaul kit with king pin rebuild kits and hub bearing/seal kits for both sides
Yukon Hardcore locking hubs that make the factory hubs look like toys
4340 hardened chromoly axles and 25% larger than stock competition level u/joints that are rebuildable. we're talking King of the Hammers desert racing level joints.
This is also a very handy tool: http://www.ringpinion.com/Calculators/Calc_RPM.aspx
you can click the "transmission gear ratio chart" link and bring up your trans, enter gear ratio, tire size, speed and trans ratio and get RPM at any chosen combination.
You can always get more fun stuff for C-MAX when she's ready.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
Alright. back from Vegas/SEMA, I'm stepping in here to throw my hat in the ring. YZLD60-3-35 YK D60-F YHC70001 YP KP-001 AK D60-F ARBRDCKMA12 and YSPSP-028 are already in your possession for C-MAX and will fit nicely with the 3.54 gears that you SHOULD keep. the only thing you're short is the chromoly axle kit with 35 spline upgraded outers, YA W26028 including the SuperJoints will finish you off nicely. This combo gives you:
An air operated selectable locker built with fully forged chromoly case and internals
The front differential master overhaul kit with king pin rebuild kits and hub bearing/seal kits for both sides
4340 hardened chromoly axles and 25% larger than stock competition level u/joints that are rebuildable. we're talking King of the Hammers desert racing level joints.
This is also a very handy tool: http://www.ringpinion.com/Calculators/Calc_RPM.aspx
you can click the "transmission gear ratio chart" link and bring up your trans, enter gear ratio, tire size, speed and trans ratio and get RPM at any chosen combination.

And BOOM!  The answer is clear, concise, accurately stated and given with the authority of someone who knows what he's talking about..............of course I have no idea if it's accurate, 'cause to me, it's like the first time I saw Molon Labe written in.....Greek!  With my Kindergarten understanding of the technical aspects of rear-ends etc. I'm giving it two thumbs up!  Best part is that Don could be elbow deep in it in no time with things being "on hand!

We've missed you Tate!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »
Hey Tate,
Three things
First, handy calculator you have there
Second, I hear a clear vote for keeping the 3.54 ratio.
Third, well, heck I forgot what was third...

OK thing is I have that high pinion F350 Dana 60 case already set up with those cool parts from Randy's in there. Cost me some $350 smackers to get that done. And I want to install that in C-Max with all the bad tie rod and ball joint business going on there with that cognito-ized suspension.

But, Tate makes a point here...just a couple wigs and wags away from getting a super duper 35 spline rock hammer of an axle under square D.

What I was thinking was getting the air locker unit from Randys and using the stock axles since not being a crawler, I don't think I'll be breaking anything, however with 37" tires you are starting to get into the range. 40" and bigger, definitely upgrade. But then again with upwards of 1300 ft/lbs of torque, I just might be there already.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »
however with 37" tires you are starting to get into the range. 40" and bigger, definitely upgrade. But then again with upwards of 1300 ft/lbs of torque, I just might be there already.

When it doubt, go big or go home. At least that's what I've heard, I'm still stock.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2014, 10:56:37 AM »
however with 37" tires you are starting to get into the range. 40" and bigger, definitely upgrade. But then again with upwards of 1300 ft/lbs of torque, I just might be there already.

When it doubt, go big or go home. At least that's what I've heard, I'm still stock.
I wholeheartedly believe that you will want the chromoly axles, but agree that you are not in competition and the superjoints may be more maintenance heavy than they are useful. I would get the standard chromo kit, and I do believe that you need it with your power to tire size ratio. I absolutely believe that you should keep the 3.54 gears, and that you should re-bearing/rebuild every aspect of this front diff, keeping with the theme of making sure things are how they should be, new or better. I'll send you a parts list. Check your personal email.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »
Got the email Tate
Sent you a reply
I think we're about to make a decision and show the world some of these cool parts

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal