Hello Guest

Author Topic: Favorite weapon...You can only pick one!  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Favorite weapon...You can only pick one!
« on: February 08, 2015, 08:42:58 AM »
OK, thought I'd start this. You can pick one gun and one gun only, which is it going to be??
A pistol?? Rifle?? Shotgun?? Black powder?? Assault weapon or automatic, which one are you going to call your favorite?

Me??  Simple, didn't even have to think about it

Springfield M1A
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite weapon...You can only pick one!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »
OK, thought I'd start this. You can pick one gun and one gun only, which is it going to be??
A pistol?? Rifle?? Shotgun?? Black powder?? Assault weapon or automatic, which one are you going to call your favorite?

Me??  Simple, didn't even have to think about it

Springfield M1A

I will concur with your choice. Am I allowed multiple optics or only one?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »
If I had to pick one favorite at the moment it's be my AR..

Not shown is the EOTech xps2 also on qd

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »
If I had to pick one favorite at the moment it's be my AR..

Not shown is the EOTech xps2 also on qd

Is that a musket?

(Meaning 20" barrel?)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 12:21:25 AM »
Nope, 16"...

Kind of a bad pic earlier sorry, was posting from my phone. Here's some better pics

I've got another complete lower and other misc parts waiting until i have the funds to put together a Mk12 Mod1 clone. That'll have to wait a while, that's about dead last on the priority list when allocating funds with wifey  ;D
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 12:28:25 AM »
Very tough call.  Close between my Wilson Combat Remington 870 and the LMT 10.5 CQB.  In the end, I'm going to choose this one.

From 100 meters and in, including room clearing, I own it with this one.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 08:21:50 AM »
Very tough call.  Close between my Wilson Combat Remington 870 and the LMT 10.5 CQB.  In the end, I'm going to choose this one.

What I like here is the attention to detail. Things like marking your mag at 28 rounds, night fighting capability, ergo style grip.
On that note, fighting the M4 platform over in Iraq and Afghanistan, having a grip that stays in your hand in sweat (Mud) is pretty important.
The can is nice, I used one to, albeit one that civie eyes have never seen, but when working around dogs, it didn't hurt their ears. (Never quite understood that one, having a can designed around a dog's sensitive hearing, then having that dog get into my noisy helicopter?!?!
10.5" barrel, and why not, that .223 round is no good at range, so make it CQB friendly and use the length savings on that can. Aimpoint?? Good sight Gerry my buddy who made the best off hand left handed shot I have ever seen used one while the rest of used ACOG's at that time.
Great build and choice. Now work on that lower and get rid of that pass through linkage!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 08:25:03 AM »
Nope, 16"...

Kind of a bad pic earlier sorry, was posting from my phone. I've got another complete lower and other misc parts waiting until i have the funds to put together a Mk12 Mod1 clone. That'll have to wait a while, that's about dead last on the priority list when allocating funds with wifey  ;D
OK, copy that.
I'm surely no expert but I like it for a reaching out there gun (Scope + longer barrel)
My guns always had and still do have the 14.5" grenade launcher profile barrels with a slightly longer flash hider pin and welded IAW ATF guidelines.
This is one of my favorites, but typical of the barrels I use:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:32:45 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 07:16:50 PM »

What I like here is the attention to detail. Things like marking your mag at 28 rounds, night fighting capability, ergo style grip.
On that note, fighting the M4 platform over in Iraq and Afghanistan, having a grip that stays in your hand in sweat (Mud) is pretty important.
The can is nice, I used one to, albeit one that civie eyes have never seen, but when working around dogs, it didn't hurt their ears. (Never quite understood that one, having a can designed around a dog's sensitive hearing, then having that dog get into my noisy helicopter?!?!
10.5" barrel, and why not, that .223 round is no good at range, so make it CQB friendly and use the length savings on that can. Aimpoint?? Good sight Gerry my buddy who made the best off hand left handed shot I have ever seen used one while the rest of used ACOG's at that time.
Great build and choice. Now work on that lower and get rid of that pass through linkage!

Yes Aimpoint CompM4 and ITT PVS14
Are you referring to the Magpul BAD lever?

I absolutely love the BAD lever.    It does help to run the weapon faster.  Mainly malfunction clearing, but reloads as well.  As with anything, you must practice to get proficient.

Are you not a fan?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:00:37 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »
Are you not a fan?

In Chief's eyes, it's something extra that'll snag something. Well that probably what he's thinking...
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
Are you not a fan?

In Chief's eyes, it's something extra that'll snag something. Well that probably what he's thinking...
Exactly
I shoot with Nomex gloves
Fat fingers
You have the "Square" trigger plate
Reduced room
Panic and fear from a real active shooting event
If your finger can get snagged, IT WILL get snagged THEN!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »
Ok.  I will post so everyone can get a chuckle.

From what I understand of the question it is your favorite gun you currently own. Not your fav you would like to have. So here go's. Ruger Mini 14. Never seems to jam with whatever ammo I have at the time and I can actually hit a barn at 50 yards... So see ya set the bar low.  :) Oh and the scope.. I have old fartest eyes so I need all the help I can get even at 50 yards.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:59:02 AM by cruizng »
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 02:18:23 PM »
Ok.  I will post so everyone can get a chuckle.

From what I understand of the question it is your favorite gun you currently own. Not your fav you would like to have. So here go's. Ruger Mini 14. Never seems to jam with whatever ammo I have at the time and I can actually hit a barn at 50 yards... So see ya set the bar low.  :) Oh and the scope.. I have old fartest eyes so I need all the help I can get even at 50 yards.

Hey if it works for you, that's whats important.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
I've always wanted a mini14!
NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »
Remington 11-87 12g
Hastings rifled barrel w/ Leupold 1.5x5

Can put any North American game species in the pot including bear.  With rifled barrel and a sabot slug I can get other guns; out to 120yrds. it's lights out applied to ones "pumpkin" even helmeted ones.  Close quarters with buckshot or similar is pretty devistating!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal