Hello Guest

Author Topic: Never Forget  (Read 1031 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Never Forget
« on: September 11, 2018, 05:37:11 AM »
We have whitewashed history 17 years later.  We are back to our smart phones and internet and American Idol distractions yet the enemy still spends every waking moment trying to figure out how to kill us, the Infidels.

On this day every network station should run un edited footage of the days events.  Images like this you will not see today.

Never forget.  Let's roll.

Stay vigilant. May God Bless Donald Trump and give our leader the wisdom to make the tough decisions to keep us safe.

https://youtu.be/SMDkvJRHaNM

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Never Forget
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:59:09 AM »
Amen.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:09:01 AM »
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it..........
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 09:07:10 AM »
God Bless our Nation, our Constitution, and our President.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 11:18:15 AM »
I remember precisely where I was and what I was doing on that day. Working at the home office of the trucking company in Dallas. Scrambled to find a TV to plug in and watch in real time what was going on. Then was working on options to re route and warehouse freight that was shutdown. Then how to get drivers back home while all of it was going on.

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:52:38 PM »
I was at flight level 3-1-0 over Cleveland turning south toward Cincy a little while after it started. My arrival into Cincy was normal, but before frequency change noted some diverts that indy center was handling

Went home and sat on the sofa. Wife called, I answered. She said, "Dear God, thank heaven you are on the ground. I asked her why she said that. She said turn on the TV. I asked which channel. She said, "Just turn the TV on..."
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
I was in Kosovo at Camp Bondsteel.  Just back inside the wire from a clearance mission and got to watch the second plane hit live on TV.  It took about 10 minutes to lock things down and get to 100% security.  Bad juju for quite a while.  Redeployed in Aug and straight to NTC for mission prep.  Recalled from leave on Dec 23 for deployment order for OIF 1 (before it was called that).  We all know how that mission turned out.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 04:07:07 PM »
I was in the network operations center in the bunker at SHAPE in Belgium. The news was on and no one (non-US nato) wanted to accept what was going on. Wife was in the states getting ready to fly back over three days later, told her to sit tight until everything found its new normal. Base access went from open to locked down fairly quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »
I walked out of my shop floor office to hear plane one hit over the shop radio. At the time no one knew it was a commercial airliner. However many minutes later the second plane hit and confirmed it was no coincidence. We had a small portable tv in the main shop office, all we could get was snow for reception. We were able to make out the smoke billowing out of the towers thru that fuzz and it was eerie to say the least.

Tonya called from our apartment, she was eating rice crispy’s and 3 months pregnant with Baylee. She was a waitress (no degrees of career which seems odd as of today), on the way to work that evening all the gas stations were packed (price gouging had ensued) and I recall her asking if she should get fuel to which I stated no this is people panicking it will subside and it did within a couple days.

The other thing I recall is the conversation with her and how we were having Baylee and the world just changed that day.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 06:19:59 PM »
They had a ceremony in Sac with fireman representing the ones lost climbing towers in their honor. All the fireman carried a name of one lost and their job.

Funny, I was on vacation at the time and watched on TV. Same as when the 87 earthquake happened and lost my brother.

Real Men and Real Americans will never forget!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 06:21:18 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal