Hello Guest

Author Topic: Written for my step-sons senior year book  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Written for my step-sons senior year book
« on: April 07, 2017, 12:46:05 AM »
Late night rant!

Lighthouses do not venture out to sea in search of ships to save; they simply stand there shining guiding them home. Fear not the feeling of finding yourself afloat rudderless in the seas of life for it is in these times, your character will truly manifest. On your journey, if all else fails there is no shame in finding the lighthouse which guides you home. There was never a lighthouse built in a day and this shall be true with you as well. There will be friends, family and trusted mentors who will be the architects of your lighthouse. Surround yourself with good people.

As you move in to adulthood, you will learn while doing the right thing may be difficult, it is never complicated. You will further learn the chaos of consequence and the fact that failing to change when change is necessary is self-destructive. I once heard a seasoned old man say, “Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement”. Remember and hold fast to your instances of bad judgement, for those were the times you learned valuable lessons and gained immeasurable experience.

Competitiveness runs in your blood. With it runs the fear of defeat, but your resilience to adversity must remain your cornerstone.  Dr. Valerie Rice says, “Without failure, you would never feel resilience. Without resilience, you would never be strong.”  When you learn to fail with dignity, the fear of failure will not imprison you, and the just deserts of success will be that much sweeter. Your life is not about what it is today; it is about what it can become tomorrow. Fear not a circumstance in which you are presented the opportunity to exhibit your relevance, because behind every frustration was a wish that was left unfulfilled… But, never lose your humility.

Since you were small you have been the center of attention in every room. You were born to lead others. General Colin Powell says, “A good leader is someone whose people will follow him or her, if only out of curiosity.” Strong leaders inherently command respect; they do not however demand it. Respect is earned, not borrowed and at times you will face enemies who wish to bring you down.  Do not give them the satisfaction of your defeat. Hold your head high and your posture straight. Never hit if it is at all honorable to avoid hitting, but never hit soft. It is by all means better to be the warrior in a garden, than the gardener in a war. Your versatility will be the key with which the barriers of your life will be dismantled. Never stop learning.

Live every day as if the opportunity to leave a legacy will be lost tomorrow, and build your light house to weather the storm my son, for YOU were born to guide others, and they will follow you, “if only out of curiosity.”

Momma and her "baby" boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Written for my step-sons senior year book
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »
Now hats a good read Blaine!
Proud parents and the next step in life for the boy.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 08:47:09 AM »
Good, strong words there dad!

They will resonate

Point of order: This guy was a grunt?? Grunts utter single syllable words, then get back to sleeping, eating, of breaking stuff. If this man wrote this...And he was a grunt...Then this may well be the first time this has happened!

What next, Bobby writing poetry?  :shocked:

Just kidding, of course. Men who carry a gun and fight in the dirt are the best of us, always have been!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:50:30 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »
Bobby & poetry, well he does have a female that is gaining some influence in his life. Well, I assume anyhow as we all need an update with pics Bobby!  :popcorn:

Nice write up, what are his plans? Or by the writing is all that up in the air currently?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 09:30:15 AM »
Well said. He is fortunate to have you as a lighthouse in his life. He will do well to be guided by the light you provide for years to come. Well done. I don't have the personal experience but know from friends that the stepson/stepfather relationship can be a tricky one. Looks like you have done very well. Bravo.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »
Very well said, Bobby! You're definitely a Warrior-Poet!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 12:27:26 PM »
Bravo Blaine! If he ends up with your morals and character, he will be a good man, and that's saying something in this day and age.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »
Thanks guys. As of now he has been accepted to University of Arkansas. He wants to run away right off the bat. Hoping to keep him close at a local school for a couple of years though. $$
His plan is law school. He would be good at it. He definitely likes to argue! ;)

"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 02:23:09 PM »
Thanks guys. As of now he has been accepted to University of Arkansas. He wants to run away right off the bat. Hoping to keep him close at a local school for a couple of years though. $$
His plan is law school. He would be good at it. He definitely likes to argue! ;)

I f he joins the Arkansas Army National Guard, he'll have free tuition. They just passed a bill in Arkansas giving free tuition to all ARARNG members at state funded colleges. I currently teach ROTC in the Arkansas State University program, at ASU-Beebe, and Harding University. Let me know if you, or he, have any questions.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 03:36:40 PM »
I really liked that

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal