FOOD CORNER > Wild Game

Favorite Shotgun Gauge for Upland Hunting

<< < (5/5)

husker77c:
I have a Hawthorne (I think) 20ga my dad gave me.  It's a cheap bare bones bolt action shotgun.  I saw one like it a gun show and it was selling for a whopping $75.  I've killed so many pheasants with that thing I've lost count.   It's actually the only shotgun I own.  I've thought about buying an 870 12ga  but knowing me I would want to bolt all manner of tactical things to it and pretty much ruin it for a hunting gun. 

I've never hunted duck or geese so can't say about those.  I really don't like duck and have never tried a goose so not much chance of me hunting those.   

But if I were ever on death row my last meal would be fried pheasant and mashed potatoes with pheasant gravy.

EL TATE:
You ought to kill you a Canadian goose or two. light smoke on the breast with skin/fat on, smoke on low for a few hours until you hit about 145 internal temp. cool it with the skin on and then when it's cold pull that stuff off, slice it thin like Chinese bar-b-q pork and eat like the same with some hot mustard and sesame seeds. That right there is some darn good duck blind snacks. While you're at it, crock pot the legs and thighs with some beef stock, a little red vino, onions carrots and potatoes and thyme and enjoy some of the best pot roast that a bird has ever provided.

Roasted pheasant and quail come in at a close second though! 8)

OldKooT:
Tate ya made me hungry man LoL  Not good when you consider the Canadian Geese are overhead about 24/7 right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version