Hello Guest

Author Topic: 1988 RC build/conversion (back to the bumper)  (Read 18089 times)

OldKooT

Re: 1988 RC build/conversion (back to the bumper)
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2015, 08:21:46 AM »
My wife shot a picture the other day I thought I'd share.

That's our daily driven collection of Dodges. There are more but that's the daily use fleet.

Also in the picture is my wife's 2013 Powerwagon. The newest edition to the fleet.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2015, 08:47:51 AM »
My favorite is the RC (By far) Followed by that cool red barn, then the Power wagon.

Caveat: I can't really see the other square Dodges so I can't really rate them in order!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2015, 01:00:58 PM »
Lol Don well enjoy that's likely the last pic Anvil will be seen in. If the weather holds it will be just a frame and body in the shed by the weekend.

The "barn: is actually a 1880's grainery, complete with leg and 4 annex's. It even still functions. My wife uses it for her milling of flour and stuff. it has a roller mill, grinder and other toys.

The other two Square dodges are my beater Cummins W250 and the 1993 Club cab 360 magum truck (27k original miles)

My fav by far is the W250 Cummins truck.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2015, 04:08:24 PM »
Hey Norm- is the grainery actually function as  dryer too?  Farm I used to live on had basically a square corn crib at the bottom and hoppers up top for the hulled grain with distribution shoots where the crib was drive through and all out of wood- cool structure - all gone now as the buildings were leveled including the brick house I lived in once developers bought it!  3 foot thick, brick walls, built on site circa 1880 with huge pocket doors separating the downstairs great rooms - two on each side of the center stairway that ran front to back porches.  Was a cool place, but at the limit of restoration suitability.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »
I thought anvil was bought by the daughter........????
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 06:08:12 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

OldKooT

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2015, 07:37:04 PM »
Yes it can dry as well as store rain.... very cool how they did that back then.

Yes our Daughter bought Anvil... as a mostly stock gas powered Ramcharger.  She will be assembling it again in the spring.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »
Would like to sell the NV4500/np205 out of Anvil? Or any other manual trans and transfer case pair you have lying around?

OldKooT

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2015, 11:27:18 PM »
I missed this sorry man.....been dumb busy. I have not made up my mind what I am doing with the two 5speed combos I have. I have been trying to get time to piece my daily driver together again after a tranny line failure and a slight accident involving a missing door. I have no idea if the broken line hurt the 518 or not....I was plowing snow and it stopped moving, out of fluid.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »

I missed this sorry man.....been dumb busy. I have not made up my mind what I am doing with the two 5speed combos I have. I have been trying to get time to piece my daily driver together again after a tranny line failure and a slight accident involving a missing door. I have no idea if the broken line hurt the 518 or not....I was plowing snow and it stopped moving, out of fluid.

Norm,

Let me know. It may not be needed for a bit anyways, seems wife and I have decided to try and do this once and have a newish truck, which means the entire floor board of the crew has to be removed and replaced. So I'll collect parts while that is happening. And things are kind of slow right now anyways, I'm in my last two weeks of my masters program so that has owned the majority of my time.

Still have the 92 body if you or your son want it. Was thinking about Parting it out, taking what I think I'll need, and drilling out the spot welds in the floor board to use it as a one piece replacement, well almost one piece. Hope you guys are doing alright.

Turner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal