PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

goverment surplus auctions

(1/2) > >>

Farmer Jon:
I ran across this site accidentally one morning having coffee. I'm sure some of you have seen it before.

http://www.govplanet.com/?h=

All kinds of stuff. Ive never been in the military but I have always liked the military vehicles. A lot of this stuff on here could easily be adapted to use onfarm and ranch.

They have Hummers starting bid at $7,500. I read somewhere you can now get them with an off road title. SO I have a question for the military guys. What would have to be done to make a military hummer road legal? Why cant I just go buy one and drive it around? If they are not road legal why are them selling them to the public?

KensAuto:
I was under the impression that they quit selling Humvees to the public. They are sold to scrappers that have to meet a certain criteria....as in they have to make the pieces so small that they can't be welded back together.

KensAuto:
Hmm, just looked at that site. Maybe they quit being stupid.

Farmer Jon:
Maybe they realized they can get more money by selling them to the public than for scrap.

Flyin6:
These hummers can never be driven on highways.

Tricky certificate of origin from US Gov't

Pretty much anything the government does these days makes no sense...same/same with this HMMV deal. I'd steer clear

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version