Hello Guest

Author Topic: Letter from NCO calling it quits  (Read 1362 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Letter from NCO calling it quits
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:21:34 AM »
There's another way to look at this my friend

Did this Non Commissioned Officer really call it quit?

Did he stop serving the constitution?

Has any of us who have retired or stopped serving in the past 20 years stopped serving and fallen short of our oath to protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign, or DOMESTIC?

Have we??

Or

Are we a well trained army in waiting??
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 05:11:10 PM »
The SFC has legitimate fears. I have the same ones, that we will find ourselves in a civil war/revolution in our day. One misconception he has, though, is that we do not serve our government. We serve the U.S. Constitution. It will be up to those of us in leadership positions in the military to stand up, and refuse unconstitutional orders if the SHTF. I all of us who are willing to do so, when the time comes it will be worse for us as a people.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
the real question is " whose interpretation of the constitution"?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 09:29:09 AM »
Remember Mr. Kahn's comments at the DNC toward Trump?

This rebuttal sums up our position pretty well

Goes along the lines of a split nation which runs at the core of this posting:

Dear Mr. Khan,

I want to preface this letter by stating that I respect your son’s sacrifice for this great nation.  By all accounts, he is a true hero that sacrificed himself in service to our country. For that I am thankful.

As a veteran, I watched your comments at the Democratic National Convention with a mixture of sadness, and anger.  The United States has a military comprised of volunteers.  Every single member has made the conscious choice to join the military and serve.  There is not a single service member who has been forced into service.  It is important for all service members (and apparently, their families) to understand that service to this great nation does not imbue one with special privileges or rights.  I found your comments troubling when you said: “Have you ever been to Arlington cemetery? Go look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America. You will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one.”

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed “…nothing and no one?”…has Ms. Clinton “..sacrificed” for this nation?  How about Mr. Obama?   Your comment stating that Mr. Trump “…has sacrifice no one” is alarming.  Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed?  Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself.   As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own.  He was not forced to serve.

I am troubled that you would allow a party that has little more than contempt for the US Service Member to parade you into the DNC to denounce Donald Trump.  Did you watch when protesters at the DNC booed and heckled Medal of Honor recipient  Capt. Florent Groberg? Did you notice your party interrupting the moment of silence for slain police officers?  Your own hypocrisy in not denouncing these acts and instead using the DNC as a platform to make a political point is disgraceful.  The simple fact is that whether one served or sacrificed does not give greater power to their statements.  One vote is as valuable as another.  That sir, is why our Country is great.  Your condemnation of one person for a statement while standing idly as your party disparages veterans and police officers is the height of hypocrisy.

To conflate the need to prevent potential terrorists from entering our country with the belief that ‘all Muslims’ should be banned is simply wrong and disingenuous. As a reminder, Mr. Trump said: ” “Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” The irony of your son’s own death at the hands of these very people in Iraq should not be ignored.  I have little doubt that your son would have recognized the need to protect our country from these very people.  In fact, he held is own troops back so that he could check on a suspicious car.  Your son understood sacrifice and how to protect “his people”…’his soldiers’….’his fellow Americans’…

As you continue to make the media circuit and bask in the glow of affection cast upon you by a party that has little regard for your son’s own sacrifice, and veterans in general, I would ask you to consider your comments and your position more closely.

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

US Marine and Navy Veteran.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »
Fantastic rebuttal. However, I am sure it will fall on deaf ears.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »
Fantastic rebuttal. However, I am sure it will fall on deaf ears.
I think you are right

The left is so hate filled, they cannot see logic, they refute historical facts, they look aside in the face of crime: Witness their nominee for president! I'm surprised they don't run the Ayatollah as the VP on the ticket, with the president of Mexico as secretary overseeing immigration.

They are SOOOO far away from acknowledging the truth that they are blinded! (Doesn't Satan work like that??? Just sayin')

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Letter from NCO calling it quits
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 10:53:56 AM »
The entire media apparatus is aligned for Hilary and against Trump.

I believe just as the leftists rally for their cause in boycotting shows and networks it is time for the right to use the only power that matters to these radicals and that is money. It is time to write to sponsors of the most watched shows on NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN (nobody watches MSNBC) and make your voices heard and tell them clearly that you will not support their product with commerce until they demand balanced coverage or pull their advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal