Hello Guest

Author Topic: So the powers that be have been granted the golden ticket  (Read 2711 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
So the powers that be have been granted the golden ticket
« on: November 09, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Meaning President, Senate & HR are all poised to be aligned. Please tell me the guys at the NRA & GOA are planning to request the repeal of FOPA as well as NFA

Once in a lifetime opportunity, someone (all gun owners) need to be pushing for this imo.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:47:17 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: So the powers that be have been granted the golden ticket
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 09:10:42 AM »
Meaning President, Senate & HR are all poised to be aligned. Please tell me the guys at the NRA & GOA are planning to request the repeal of FOPA as well as NFA

Once in a lifetime opportunity, someone (all gun owners) need to be pushing for this imo.

OOOH, that's a great idea!

How'd you come up with that?   ;-)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 10:10:21 AM »
Because I am a gun guy & hate that simple machines are A: out of my price range or B: not allowed in my possession because big brother thinks they need to tell me what I can or cannot have.

At the end of the day I'm a responsible citizen who is a builder of things. Would love the opportunity to build some new toys...... ;)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 05:16:35 PM »
Repeal those AND bring all states under the same rule for firearms (it is a federal-constitutional right). No 10 rnd mags this state, bullet button there, 7 rnd there, no on line sales of ammo here.

That way you can go from state to state without breaking laws which only us real people worry about anyway.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »
Repealing NFA is probably not going to happen. It would devalue all the FA pre 1986 weapons in circulation. I heard that many of the biggest NFA collectors are congressmen and senators. They would not vote to reduce the value of their collections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 05:35:01 AM »
Repealing NFA is probably not going to happen. It would devalue all the FA pre 1986 weapons in circulation. I heard that many of the biggest NFA collectors are congressmen and senators. They would not vote to reduce the value of their collections.

Doesn't have to be the pre-86s', could just be this:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/3799/all-info
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »
David Codrea (aka who gun owners need to put their muscle behind) hinted at repealing already in this article. As he touches base on though the opposition is looking to gain wherever they can (see Cali) & we need to continually push.

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/11/state-ballot-measures-temper-trump-victory-gun-owners/#axzz4PfNQWTCk

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 09:48:42 AM »

...And I could see that as THE SINGLE BIGGEST reason to vote them out ;-))
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 02:04:13 PM »
I liked the other idea I read somewhere, he had mentioned that he would coordinate all of the state by state concealed carry laws so that a permit in any state is automatically valid in all other US states.  Anyone know more about if this is possible?

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »
I would think its possible but would require the states to go along with it. And I know communist MA probably wouldn't go along with it no matter how logical it is simply bc its Trump. I suspect CA would be the same.  >:(

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »
I liked the other idea I read somewhere, he had mentioned that he would coordinate all of the state by state concealed carry laws so that a permit in any state is automatically valid in all other US states.  Anyone know more about if this is possible?
Yes, several years ago they wanted national reciprocity, almost went thru except a Indiana rino by the name dick Luger who was like 90 years old voted against it, they were one vote shy of getting it pushed thru.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 09:07:06 AM »
I'm sure some action will happen. He owes a huge debt to the NRA and we need to push far to the right on 2A and stack the SCOTUS to protect it for years to come. How about instant background checks for NFA items?  That wound be cool. No more waiting 6 months

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »
I'm sure some action will happen. He owes a huge debt to the NRA and we need to push far to the right on 2A and stack the SCOTUS to protect it for years to come. How about instant background checks for NFA items?  That wound be cool. No more waiting 6 months

Lower the dumb fees too, say like $5 per transaction (multiple items for same single fee) & suppressors should be removed from falling under the NFA umbrella.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 10:26:02 AM »
So during dinner last night, overhearing the liberals at the next table.
They are seriously concerned Trump will start a civil war.
They went on to talk about the scary guns...
All were afraid that somehow the guns were going to kill them.
It got so bad I had to tune them out.

This got me reading some is of these articles in a little more detail.
I hope that he can run with I think all of these ideas.
Maybe it will rub off up here where guns are so bad.
Yet mine (3 of them) didn't hurt or kill anyone while I sat and are...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 10:49:54 AM »
That would make me happy that I didn't own a pre-86 mp5. Imagine it being worth 30k one day and 8k the next.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 11:49:48 AM »
That would make me happy that I didn't own a pre-86 mp5. Imagine it being worth 30k one day and 8k the next.

To all, I'm not naive in my thought process. Where I'm going with this is the freedom robbing low life's will again at some point ban these simple machines again. Prices will then go way back up, simple supply & demand equation. However, in the present time it would allow me to acquire the components to keep my hobby going let's say until I'm no more. Well, me & my off springs and their families and potential off spring not contemplated yet.

Furthermore TRN, if it was only an investment then as with all investments there is the potential for item to go into the red.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:51:43 AM by stlaser »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »
Can't argue with that.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »
However, there will be so many on the market, prices will suffer some. Plus if legal wouldn't conversions flood the market?

Back to scary guns, I have a story when I was taking a college class a few years back.

Professor was from UC Davis, it was a history class. We were in groups addressing issues in the US, one group picked gun control. Of course the 2nd amendment and its meaning did not come up, just how to deal with guns in the public.

Sat back and rolled my eyes, but kept quiet. The professor knew I was LEO and asked my opinion after they talked about regulating every gun in the US (sure).

I said, "take the baddest looking gun you can think of, put a full magazine in it and cock it. Lay it on the floor in the middle of the room and see if it hurts someone" all that came back was silence from all sans the prof thanking me for my opinion.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
But JR they looks scary and MAKE people shoot people. Yeesh....I always ask libs when they try to argue that point how come every gun store or gun show in America doesn't end in an all out gunfight. If their premise is accurate every gun store employee would just start shooting every day. The stupid is strong with those people.

On another Trump related note I REALLY hope Republicans use the info on illegals voting etc to push for a Voter ID requirement for federal elections. I think it would pass (I have heard that some legislation may require 60 Senate votes so not sure what meets that requirement versus what a simple majority vote can do). But even if it doesn't pass it will force Democrats to vote yes or no. In 2018 23 Democrats and 2 Independants who usually vote with Dems are up for re-election. Let them try to explain why letting voter fraud occur should be okay in America to their constituents. Now I'm under no illusion that the Senators from MA, NY and CA would win re-election anyway, but the more normal states could see that as a difference maker. And hey who knows, maybe enough Dems scared about that re-election back it so it becomes law. I think it's a huge opportunity for Republicans and an idea the public would support strongly. Despite the idiots that complain that its "voter suppression". Hey you can't get a hotel room or get on a plane without a picture ID, asking to show one to vote should be a no brainer.

OldKooT

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »
The basic concept of the republic we live in, makes hoping for states that are deep liberal to change their gun laws may be a bit much. Especially regarding CCW and the like. The states have the power, not the feds on who carries and their laws.

Even here in Nebraska a gun loving state, it's hard to carry in Lincoln or Omaha. I don't see that changing because the feds want it to change, assuming they did. I also don't see them dropping the CCW permit requirements.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal