Hello Guest

Author Topic: Marine Court Martialed for Bible verse??  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Marine Court Martialed for Bible verse??
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:28:34 PM »
You guys see this? I just read about it for the first time tonight... Seems a dishonorable discharge and reduced rank were just a tad harsh.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/05/26/marine-court-martialed-for-refusing-to-remove-bible-verse.html

What are your thoughts? No real mystery how you'll think of displaying a bible verse, but how about the defiance of orders to remove it?
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
Re: Marine Court Martialed for Bible verse??
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:45:21 AM »
Self-representation was a mistake- the rest is outrageous and troubling, and with Obummers purge of Kool-aide free Officers from the military it's not a surprising outcome for said Marine!  Not long before "Semper Fidelis" is changed to "Always Compliant"
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:56:22 AM »
This whole thing stinks.

First of all it says the PC embracers out number those with common sense in her chain of command, something I find troubling. It is that inherent common sense that causes men like Nate, who still serves to be able to make a split second decision based on his morals and beliefs when he is calling for and placing deadly artillery fires onto a target.

You need something as a foundation, a bedrock. Something good and fair and truthful from which you build upon. A strong belief in God and in Jesus the Christ is exactly that good bedrock thing I am talking about.

As an instructor pilot I was required to study the psychology of learning. I "Learned" that we view things through our Affectations. They are this moral and other compass(s) I speak of. I may see kicking a cat around as a bad thing, but another might see it as fun.

A part of my job in the cockpit was to ferret out these affectations so that I could make sure no matter what a person feels or believes, he/she would add power and a flare at just the right moment in an engine out autrotation for example.

Now this Marine's Affectations were clearly based on her Christian bedrock. She was a warrior, as all Marines are. She saw her chosen duty, killing the enemy, even if she was a clerk in an office, she saw her duty through those Christian beliefs, so when she thought of being that warrior, it manifested itself in a biblical verse.

Trying to get her to remove it says that no one understood this critical component of psychology. Not that I would expect a junior NCO to know that, although some might, but her more senior officers certainly should have. They would have been faced with a dilemma. They would have a Lance Corporal (Which is still a private in the Army) who disobeyed an order from a NCO. THat's bad, can't have that. But was the order reasonable...or legal??? I'd want to know the circumstances of this charge. Once I learned of it, I would have talked with the commander of that NCO to provide some "Clarity"  He/she would have then chatted with the NCO and his superior sergeant to figure out how to get this thing fixed, and the problem would have been solved.

But with a Obamaized military running around afraid of their shadows that they may offend some gay marines necking in the bathroom, well, we have no moral compass. Just a bunch of orders driven from farked up executive orders.

And that boys and girls is how just one man can ruin a fine organization and a country.

Obama and the people who put him there are clearly represent everything that is wrong with the United States that we believe still exists.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:00:53 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:26:06 AM »
de-ja-vue !

semper fidelis = always faithful
god, country, corps

I thought these were the motto of the CORPS?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:28:10 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »
Kinda like firing and persecuting a Chaplain for ministering according to his faith when, in order to be a Chaplain, you must be affiliated with a recognized a denomination.  Where have we heard that recently?
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 08:56:29 PM »
Well, I'll tip my hat to the young lady for standing her ground. And look at the mess the Corps just inherited!
A Georgetown law professor and Liberty university. I'd say they (the Marines responsible) are toast.

My money is on it being the decision of some LTC who has a God complex, and all this heat from this private will make mincemeat of his career. Good thing, a guy like that should not be leading.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal