PERSONAL READINESS > Self Defense and Tactics

On self defense-

<< < (2/4) > >>

EL TATE:
When seated at a dining establishment with the family or having an adult beverage at a local watering hole, I've always felt the need to face the door and see who's coming and going. Just don't like the feeling of having my back to some Ringo & Hunny Bunny coming in and robbing the place or worse.

Dawg25385:

--- Quote from: EL TATE on June 18, 2015, 11:54:11 AM ---When seated at a dining establishment with the family or having an adult beverage at a local watering hole, I've always felt the need to face the door and see who's coming and going. Just don't like the feeling of having my back to some Ringo & Hunny Bunny coming in and robbing the place or worse.

--- End quote ---

I do the same thing... try to avoid sitting in the bar for obvious law-abiding reasons based on my EDC choice. But I always try to orient myself to be between my wife and the door, sit/stand in the back by the door at church, etc.

Great write up HC. Thanks for posting.

I especially agree with not advertising what you "got going on", whether it be on your vehicle or your choice of T-shirt.

Might take some heat on this one.... but this is precisely why I'll personally never open carry. Would much rather have my 45 nice and concealed rather that paraded around for said mopes to see and either want, or want to neutralize.

Higher Caliber:
I'll say it, heat or no heat- open carry is dumb! Unless your state only allows for open carry,  tuck that crap away. It invites trouble more than it prevents trouble. If you display your weapon as a political statement your behaving foolishly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Higher Caliber:
I'll say it, heat or no heat- open carry is dumb! Unless your state only allows for open carry,  tuck that crap away. It invites trouble more than it prevents trouble. If you display your weapon as a political statement your behaving foolishly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
"So much of self-defense is simply not putting yourself into a position where you will have to be defensive. "

Truer words were never spoken.  The more training I received the more I realized I never want to be put in a position to have to use it if I can help it.

As for the back to the door, funny.  Even my kids know to leave the seat facing the door for daddy.

2. always back into a parking spot or pull all the way thru if you can.  it is easier to push something out of your way going in a forward direction than it is going in a backwards direction.

Have you seen the butt on my Dually???  I back in anyway to be considerate of those that have to deal with the hips on that truck trying to back out.

Open carry is a right I believe we ought to have.  But just because you can doesn't mean you should.  We passed it in Texas but I like it just so in case I bend over to pick something up off the shelf in the store and I give a little unintended peek-a-boo that some sniveling liberal won't run to the store manager.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version