VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

LML Duramax Silverado Build Thread [Part 1]

<< < (2/39) > >>

OVERWATCH_09:
New air box and filter installed       

Air intake box install complete!
This was an easy mod that I casually took about 2 hours to complete.

OVERWATCH_09:
For the next project I had to temporarily remove some things to gain room to install the new parts. The garage floor became quite cluttered as the disassembly continued.      

The MBRP 4" exhaust went on quite easily, although some minor trimming was required. I did not, however, use the supplied muffler clamps which came directly from the old testament!
I purchased stainless steel band clamps and secured the system with those. Also I would critique the MBRP system for not using all the factory hangars. They elect to skip one which in my opinion is not a good idea. I will rectify that by securing some steel rod and fashioning my own hangar and welding that to the supplied pipe.

I suffered a temporary brain malfunction and forgot to take pics of this particuliar install, so I took these (poor) shots later after, of course, the exhaust system was plastered with dirt and mud
I painted the tailpipe section semi gloss black to get a stealth look out of it.

OVERWATCH_09:
Next the new engine programming is installed
I chose this H&S unit because I didn't want to squint at the credit card display in the mini unit. This unit cost significantly less and I wanted to upgrade to real gages. The pilot in me likes to look at stuff and know what's going on with the mechanical stuff I'm strapped to, just a habit I guess...       

Upcoming projects (which are in progress) include:

Lift and suspension

OVERWATCH_09:
Wheels (Pro Comp 18 X 9's) and tires

OVERWATCH_09:
OK, more pics of stuff which is piling up around here awaiting install time on Mr. HD

I went with the standard Road Armor bumper. I actually had one of the trucks issued to my unit in Kandahar get VBIED'd. The blast tore the holy heck out of the Ford F250 but that RA bumper remained more or less intact. Obviously it was not in the main part of the blast, but when the truck was recovered by dragging the suspensionless ford off the X with a recovery strap, the bumper carried all the tugging force and remained mostly intact.

Here's the lights
Warn 350F, 4 ea to be used as fog lights. My thought is to just create enough heat out in front of the truck to ignite the fog and burn it out of the way. Sorry if any TH (tree huggers) are offended by my burning away virgin acreage, but you know what they say, "Safety first!"

I am also adding either two or three of these 4" HID driving lights on top of the bumper. They will be wired in to the high beam circut to boost vis out in front when I need it. So what do we think, 2 or 3 lights???
I think the Optilux are Hellas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version