VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

Trek Fuel EX-7

(1/6) > >>

Dustoff35:
So, what are you going to do for transportation when you run out of diesel or gasoline? 

How far can you walk in a day?

How much can you carry on your back?

What kind of physical shape (conditioning) are you in?

My wife and I bought a mountain bike for my son (age 10) for his birthday in early July.  His enthusiasm upon receiving the bike and his relentless pleadings for me to go for a ride with him prompted me to take a walk out to the big garage and head up the stairs.

Back in the corner, behind several rolls of insulation and a stack of rough-cut Ash and Walnut boards, I found a dusty, flat-tired, old Giant ATX-760 leaning up against the wall in a corner.  The right-hand gearshift and brake levers were snapped clean off, casualty of a rough ride down a steep, heavily wooded hillside that ended in what was reported to be a spectacular wipe-out.  I didn't find out about the incident until several months after the driver of the bike, my oldest daughter's previous BF, left for the Marine Corps.  Typical USMC Knuckle-head… I would have enjoyed being there for the crash…

I pulled the bike out from the corner and brought it down into the basement of the house and placed it in a bicycle maintenance stand.  I took a bucket of warm, soapy water and a can of WD-40 and began cleaning years of dust, cobwebs and dirt from what was a pretty solid Mountain bike back in the mid-nineties.  I pulled out some bicycle tools I had not used in years, a crank puller, freewheel sockets and tire wedges.  After several hours of cleaning, disassembling, lubricating and re-assembly, I had a near functional bicycle and a list of parts that would be required to make Mr. Giant operational once again.  3 days later, a box of parts (Amazon) arrived...

cudakidd53:
Yep, got a Bianchi hanging from the rafters under a couple years of dust- last used to "road" the dogs getting them and I in shape for hour competitions.  Some good over the bar moments there when a dog would stop NOW to take a crap, or try to chase a deer!

Your opinion on "Slime" in the tubes of said bike tires?

TexasRedNeck:
I have a Giant MB but most of my rides are on a Specialized Allez Elite. I've done a century on it but probably not in that shape right now. Could go 60 pretty easily.

In a box waiting to be built is a full carbon Neil Pryde Diablo which I hope to get started on one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on August 02, 2015, 06:30:49 PM ---I have a Giant MB but most of my rides are on a Specialized Allez Elite. I've done a century on it but probably not in that shape right now. Could go 60 pretty easily.

In a box waiting to be built is a full carbon Neil Pryde Diablo which I hope to get started on one day.

--- End quote ---
Is there anything you don't own?...dang! 8)

TexasRedNeck:
Yes. A tractor and TNT. I plan on having a tractor soon.  Since I failed to heed the call, I can only dream about HE. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version