WEAPONS > Firearms

Going off the reservation

(1/4) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
Supposed to pick up a pair of S&W 629 NIB in 4inch this week.  Not usually my thing but it was a good deal and I want one to carry with rat shot for snakes on the weekend place.

I have a 629-3 in 44 mag with 6 inch and its a moose and not very fun to shoot with my hot loads at 240gn at 1477 fps.  I hope the shorter 357 will be more fun to shoot.  Will post some picks and do a write up when I get them.

cudakidd53:
First handgun was a 686 4" in .357 - had a trigger and action job - smooth as glass; I could double action and hold right at the break point.  Something you could easily do with laping stones on the action and a dremel on the trigger (finger surface)

TexasRedNeck:
Yeah, I'm assuming these are newer trigger lock pistols and I'm not prepared to be amazed by the trigger.  The older 629-3 is a pretty nice trigger and its not been worked.  I may have to ping you for some advice once I get my gun room built at the other place.

Flyin6:
I had a 629 in 6"
Carried it when I flew the general, the 3rd Infantry Division Commander
The other aviators carried .38 revolvers in shoulder holsters, but I carried that .44 mag.
The Huey we flew him in had two intercom systems. one for flight crew, the white system, and one for him and his ever present entourage, the red system.
I only flew him up on the East German Border when there was such a thing, as only 5 guys in the whole division were allowed to fly there, and I was one of them.
Every time, he would come onto our intercom and say "Chief, pass that hog leg back so I can show these boys what my pilots carry."
He got a kick out of it and never said a word about either it or my Ruger Mini 14 or Mossberg 12 gage hanging off the back of my seat.
I also had the small brother of the 629, a .41 mag which I actually liked more

TexasRedNeck:
Like this one Don?  Hand load with 240 gn XTP and chrono'd @ 1477fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version