FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

BBQ grill/smoker/cooker build

<< < (4/4)

TexasRedNeck:
Very nice work. Can't wait to see it in action. I'll tell you how Klose makes his pits. There are two rails along the sides and they install plates across them to act as diffuser plates. The plates get smaller and the spaces between get bigger as you move away from the box. They lay them in and get a fire burning. Then they space them to get even heat then tack them down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
Thats one reason why I bolted it in. In case it don't work right. I was thinking I might have to put some holes in it. Labor day weekend is coming up. It will for sure be in operation then.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
Started out with a couple hams. They turned out great. I threw on some hard boiled eggs and fish. They didn't turn out so well. Turned into rubber. Good flavor but hardly edible. I never did eggs and or fish before.
It was a good test and tune. The BBQ side worked perfectly.

I need to add a couple things. Drain hole in the smoker part for drippings. I need a stirring rod for the fire box. Stirring rod holder and beverage holder.

I did find one unintended use for it. I was able to get both kids bikes on it to get them home from the camp ground. One little bike in the basket and the the other fit perfectly between the tanks!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

JR:
Looks great. We BBQ'd last night but not that good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version