Hello Guest

Author Topic: Raising twin boys  (Read 81748 times)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Raising twin boys
« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2017, 11:48:23 PM »
That's tough Dave. Wishing the best outcome for the dog and your family.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »
Well surgery is over, he has some healing to do, if the results come back bad they will open it all back up and keep digging to remove the cancer.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »
Hopefully on the mend Dave. Best of luck.
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
Hope they got it all Dave. That's no fun. Glad it was in a spot they could get. We learned yesterday our GSD has cancer in her spine pressing on the nerves. Not a good outcome for her. My wife is beside herself.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2017, 10:21:57 AM »
Man it's tough with these dogs. Dave, I'm glad surgery is over and pray that it's successful. Wilbur, I'm sorry you guys have to go through that. Thoughts and prayers.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2017, 04:05:31 PM »
I have had cancer take my last dog.  Turned him mentally inside out.  Sorry your pup has such to go through.   We are still waiting

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
Best of luck Dave.
Sorry to hear Wilbur.

Thoughts are with you guys.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2017, 11:10:12 AM »
Reading this and mindful of the other health needs of the many members here, allow me to make a suggestion:

Get right with our Lord and take dominion over these infirmities. I don't want to come on too strong here and suggest all you have to do is ask and something will be healed, but in essence, it could just work!

The lesson is simple and grounded in scripture. When Jesus died on the cross and three days later ascended to the right side of God (The favored side, the strong side) according to scripture, so were we!

Take a look at this excerpt from an article on the subject:

Our Authority Releases God’s Power

There are a number of keys to seeing the miraculous power of God manifest on a consistent basis. One of the least understood, and therefore seldom practiced, is the fact that healing is under the authority of the believer. God has already provided His healing power and placed it on the inside of every born-again believer. It is up to us to release it. Understanding and using our authority is the key to seeing miracles happen.

Look at how Peter and John ministered healing to the lame man in Acts 3:1-8:

“Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple; Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms. And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them. Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.”

Notice that Peter didn’t pray for this man. He also didn’t ask God to heal him. He said, “Such as I have give I thee.” This didn’t mean that Peter was the source of this healing. Notice what Peter said in Acts 3:12,

“And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?”

It was God’s power that healed this man, but that power was under Peter’s authority. Peter went on to say in verse 16 that it was faith in the name of Jesus that had wrought this miracle. But Peter didn’t ask God to heal this man. He believed the Lord had already done His part and had placed that power within him. Now it was Peter’s responsibility to release that power, and that’s just what he did.

The Lord never told us to pray for the sick in the sense that we ask Him to heal them. He told us to heal the sick. There is a BIG difference between the two. It has to do with operating in the authority He has already given us. Look at these commands the Lord gave His disciples.

“Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.”(Luke 9:1-2)

“And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.” (Matt. 10:1)

“And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.” (Matt. 10:7-8)

Jesus told us to heal the sick not pray for the sick. What a radical statement! This will get you kicked out of most churches today, but these are the exact words of our Lord Jesus Christ. And this is precisely why more people don’t see the miraculous results they’re praying for. They aren’t taking their authority and commanding God’s power; they’re passively asking God to do what He told them to do.

I know this goes contrary to popular Christian doctrine. We’re constantly told that it’s not us but God who is the Healer, and I agree with that totally. But, I also believe that God has placed His healing power under our authority, and it is up to us to release it. If we don’t take our authority and become commanders instead of beggars, God’s power will not be released. There needs to be a radical renewing of our thinking on this issue.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2017, 06:28:41 PM »
Lab results back on my dog are GOOD to GO!! Now just to pay the piper and get the staples removed

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
Great news Dave!  Happy for you and the family!  :beercheers:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »
congrats Dave. Great to hear.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »
 :likebutton:
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2017, 10:50:57 PM »
Took the boys out to the theme park Wednesday. It was a hot day for sure but we made the best of it

Me and M on Puff the Magic Dragon

Momma and E on the back of the little train to balance it.  He hated the whole thing
And John and I road the ride flying Aces

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »
Yep, thats hot. Was the same here today. I have season passes for 6 flags where it is 20* cooler minimum, need to use em!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2017, 02:30:45 PM »
JR what the heck is on your mirror?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »
GPS, with the shell a rear view does little good unless watching kids.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2017, 11:57:49 PM »
He figured out how to get what he needed

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2017, 01:33:58 AM »
He, he. It has begun!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2017, 07:48:07 PM »
Both boys have hand mouth foot goo.    So that means mom and dad will be home for ten plus days since daycare doesn't want them

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
Grandma got the boys just what the doctors ordered for their birthday
Tonka trucks !

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2017, 07:48:01 AM »
I would also like to take a min to discuss some ideas or questions

Kids who are picky eaters? Specifically at two years old? Suggestions on how you have done it? At the current moment I feel that any food they eat if healthy is a good thing. If they like it that's what they get.

How much pushing and shoving and hitting between twins is ok? At what point does that become not so funny and a parent need to step in.   I get a pretty good laugh when his little brother puts his big brother on his but.

Thanks

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »
I have girls so advice on hitting probably not very good.  We've always taught them that hitting is not acceptable but if someone hits you then you lay them out.  A heavy bag or dummy is good practice but you reserve hitting people for self defense. 

As for eating, my wife required the girls to try everything we put in front of them.  If they didn't like it that was fine but they had to try it.  She never fed them junk (they were 5 years old before they ever had a donut...and someone at school gave it to them without our permission)  fortunately mine were never really picky eaters.  My wife has given them fresh fruit with every meal since they were born and she feeds them healthy food.  Even now as teen and tween they don't eat much junk food.

Bottom line is as long as they eat something healthy, they can be picky. 
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2017, 05:44:15 PM »
For kids eating we are along the same track as TRN. Wide variety of healthy foods at each meal and they had to try it. Wife kept putting the same stuff in front of them and it was interesting to see what they didn't like a year ago all of a sudden they like it and request it. Taste definitely change. My oldest is female and she is a very healthy eater. Found out she is type 1 diabetic this year so it is great she already thinks about what she eats. Youngest child is male and he is still a little more picky than sister. Even at 16. He is in sports so always hungry.

We never were clean your plate club and they have always maintained good body weight. Always had good snacks on hand so chips weren't the easiest to grab. Our biggest problem is fast food due to time crunch and it's easy. Daughter doesn't eat it but son like Taco Bell and McDonalds. That's a problem.

Having a girl and boy 4 years apart we never let them hit or even wrestle much. Looking back it would have been better to have supervised aggression.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2017, 02:48:37 PM »
Took the boys to the local air museum to see the airplanes that they get so excited about up close

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2017, 08:03:46 PM »
Been a few since I posted photos of the boys
Been squatting at grandmas house for a little over 5 months.  She has finally noticed all five people plus the additional two animals

Took the family to the local theme park for what they call Frightmares.  Scared the crap out of the ten year old in the haunted house, enough he won't go back in one.

Plus me being back ate Weberstate campus I get to see the interactions of youth exercising their brains for good or bad.  This was a protest started with anti abortion, ended with pro abortion protesting the anti protest
Nasty pictures up close

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
Heck, I would smile too!

Many of my favorites.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2017, 09:39:37 AM »
This past week we have upgraded punishment to toes n nose to the wall, Max is struggling its being told no for things and will flop to the floor.  So he can smell the wall now
It’s been affective

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2017, 10:14:51 AM »
Good prep for follow on military service!

Next you can try "the peoples chair"  That one is fun...Learned/practiced it in SERE school
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:15:44 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »
I was planning on wall sits next.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2017, 11:40:53 PM »
Might trade this thread for a dog thread

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
Bored dogs shred stuff.....don’t try nose n toes with them, they’ll just eat the wall!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »
He just gets a hard kennel floor for now

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2018, 11:46:05 PM »
Family vacations are very trying for me.   Long extended periods of rest cause me issues to say the least.  A body at rest stays at rest......

We made the best of the wonderful sunshine.  We took the kids to four or five museums at BalBoa Park in hipster central.   One air meseum, art, off-road, model trains.  e

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 01, 2018, 11:49:42 PM »
We saw street performers, musical and statue like people, ate from street venders. It was a good morning until nap time passed!! Than Dad grew tired Momma became stressed kids became hateful.

We went to the beach to play in the Not so cold water.   The ten year old loves water and has never played on a beach or waves

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 01, 2018, 11:57:40 PM »
We walked through the big massive Zoo. 

We walked around the navy ship aircraft carrier. Forgot the name at the moment

But I found a good cause to donate to.  A foundation for youth for vocational training. I chatted with the folks for a good bit as they made the bracelet survival para cord thing that I paid a fair price for.  All funds raised go to a scholarship for youth to help them in learning a useful skill.   It was good to see community people trying to better the area in which they live. 

It was also neat to learn from the tour about how the steam driven catapult system works   Pretty bad ass if you ask me

The best part and worst part were the drive.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 02, 2018, 12:18:13 AM »
Cool, probably warm too.

At the Navel museum? Looks like a Corsair Cockpit!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 02, 2018, 01:19:34 PM »
It was the midland air carrier I think,   The back of my head says that is a class of ship not the ship name

As for the cockpit I hav no idea.  I was chatting with the donation people while the kids played

Offline TexasRedNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 02, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »
USS Midway. And I want to say that was an F105 Phantom

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 03, 2018, 05:42:25 AM »
USS Midway. And I want to say that was an F105 Phantom

Phantom was the F4 dual seat. F105 was the Thunderchief and single seat, but the did make some dual seaters.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 03, 2018, 11:31:02 AM »
And there you have it. Had I not turned down that scholarship to AF Academy,I would probably know that

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 03, 2018, 09:47:09 PM »
McDonald F4

Concrete block with two big motors

Proof that anything can fly with enough power!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
These guys are getting big and the warmer weather they have pulled out my old Tonka trucks to play with. 

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2018, 01:08:55 PM »
I had both of those trucks in the 80's Dave, so cool! Although mine were involved in an unfortunate mining accident where the entire tunnel system collapsed on them, repeatedly, then the TNT blew and finished them off. It was a sad turn of events for Hawkeye and Lady J.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2018, 01:54:42 PM »
I had the all metal versions of both in the late 60’s and they lasted through my younger brother and the Step-monsters offspring.  Were probably sold in a garage sale while I was in college.  I do know that they caused least one or two incidents of leaking blood from the head!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2018, 02:27:06 PM »
Still have my sons first, wife was going to donate it!

Last all steel one I saw was used as an M80 test,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 15, 2018, 01:00:40 AM »
They still make a mostly metal dump truck but I have looked to replace the bulldozer/truck/Trailer combo and can’t find it even on eBay.   Mine have sat outside under the desk at grandmas since the 90’s I assume.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
Raising twin boys
« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2018, 11:42:11 PM »
I thought they were asleep.    Head down to go to bed myself and find this mess.   Every shoe momma had stuffed into that closet all out and opened for no reason other than “ we want to stay in here”

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2018, 06:12:25 AM »
Sounds about right, “can we sleep in the (.....fill in the blank with any possible location under the moon).”  And the question usually comes just before and sometimes after bedtime. Sometimes requiring impromptu construction to make possible/safe. 

Hope you got some sleep

Offline TexasRedNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2018, 08:59:18 AM »
Awesome.  Did you make them clean it up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal