Hello Guest

Author Topic: I.I.L.E.R.  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
I.I.L.E.R.
« on: September 23, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »
Idiot induced late evening rant....

After spending an hour at Comcast trying to get some baloney figured out, I'm drivin home at at an intersection a duramax lookin just like mine decides to mercilessly smoke out a powerstroke. Some dumb kid with more money than brains. Rolled coal so hard it smoked 3 lanes of traffic.

Then I get passed that and some other kid wanted to race me in his brand new dealer tagged Raptor. Like bro, yeah it looks cool but i'm stock. No thanks. Dudes just weavin in and out of traffic to try and jockey to be even with me at the next light, and I'm like give it up man.

Anyway. House is coming along. Will post an update on that soon.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I.I.L.E.R.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »
One of the reasons I build such a sturdy bumper(s) for Square D

Oops, man, sorry about that, now why did you decide to ram me? ;)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 09:49:09 PM »
There's one in every crowd....in your case, two.  You must be special! You feel blessed?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:48:45 AM »
Sounds familiar. I have a newer Nissan 350z that wants to race home every day, gets out of Boeing around the same time as me and has to always be one car length ahead of everyone. I watched him piss off the wrong dodge owner a few weeks ago and their 5-6" exhaust tip literally sits at window level. caught him at the next light and filled his open window with a black cloud that left him stuck at the green light for at least 30 seconds before he could clear it.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »
Tate- not for rolling coal, but THAT is funny!  I had one the other day in the newer Trans-am model struggle to finally pull me 1/8 mile after the light.....6,000lb 4x4 verses a muscle car weighing about 4000lb if that......still makes me chuckle!  When I was younger, knuckleheads wanted to race me while I was PULLING the race car ON THE TRAILER......really?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »
I am against rolling coal as well, but this looked like the old Looney toons where the Coyote would screw something up and be covered in soot w/ only his white eyes poking out. it was fantastic.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 03:51:59 PM »
haha....so funny!

Back a while ago I was stopped at a light....kid pulls up with his "souped up" muscle car...which for him meant lifted in the rear and what I would guess was a blown exhaust  ::). but who knows maybe he had something I have no idea...but he thought he did for sure. his girlfriend is looking at me. The light goes green and he tries to take off....I just stayed with him but totally ignored him....just kept my car even with him....I hear his engine spool up...he's trying to pass me....I just keep speeding up keeping pace but not looking at him....he then floors it....I keep pace....I can see him looking over at me occasionally like "wtf?"....I'm just an old guy in a suit with white hair....so then we get to my pull off, which paralleled the highway for about 1/4 of a mile....he's got it floored....I look over at him and his girlfriend and just wave and bury it...When I had to slow down to make the ramp I was about 50 yards ahead of him doing about 110 or so. haha. Gotta love 540's! Total sleepers. Add white hair and a suit and kids have no idea what to do.  ;)   

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »
I got a Miata some time back (who needs a reason to do a miata)

Anywho, I am getting on the free, well attempting to and the convertible is going slow, no one next to him, but traps me on the on ramp when he could have moved over or changed speed.

I slide up next to him after finally getting on behind him several cars back and stomp on the pedal. Not a huge cloud but enough to ruin your day as my pipe kicks out right as eye level to him. 

Have to say I felt much better after that. I guess that makes me bad and vengeful  ;D
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 05:37:40 PM »
haha....so funny!

Back a while ago I was stopped at a light....kid pulls up with his "souped up" muscle car...which for him meant lifted in the rear and what I would guess was a blown exhaust  ::). but who knows maybe he had something I have no idea...but he thought he did for sure. his girlfriend is looking at me. The light goes green and he tries to take off....I just stayed with him but totally ignored him....just kept my car even with him....I hear his engine spool up...he's trying to pass me....I just keep speeding up keeping pace but not looking at him....he then floors it....I keep pace....I can see him looking over at me occasionally like "wtf?"....I'm just an old guy in a suit with white hair....so then we get to my pull off, which paralleled the highway for about 1/4 of a mile....he's got it floored....I look over at him and his girlfriend and just wave and bury it...When I had to slow down to make the ramp I was about 50 yards ahead of him doing about 110 or so. haha. Gotta love 540's! Total sleepers. Add white hair and a suit and kids have no idea what to do.  ;)   

Yeah, reminds me of hunting mustangs in my 1995 Impala SS with heads, exhaust, cam and tuning.  4400lb four door a mile long just making mince meat out of mustangs and vettes....

The only hint was the 335/35 17 Gatorbacks on the factory wheels...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:39:09 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »
Sleepers are good for sure! ;)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 06:43:15 PM »
I scared a few Sgts driving those in training. Still love that boat.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 07:08:09 PM »
I scared a few Sgts driving those in training. Still love that boat.
Yeah reminds me of a roadside chat with an Arkansas hwy patrol.  He got me 92 in a 55 and when he asked if I knew how fast I was going I said not really I was talking on the cell phone (back then it was a motorolla brick phone).  He said, yeah I have the LT1 too..pretty fast.  I said yep, but your car couldnt touch this one.  So I popped the hood and we had a chat on the side of the road for about 15 minutes and he slapped me on the back and let me go.....

One more reason I never, ever, ever, question the boys in blue when I get pulled over.  I got off more than I ever deserved.

The best time was when my buddy bought a brand new white 97 vette 6 speed.  We were sitting at the light and I lit him up bad.

He was spitting mad that he got whooped by a boat....took it back to the dealer and complained.  Dealer swore it was impossible.  For kicks I drove with him over to the chevy dealer.  (small town dealer) and had them come out and look at it.  Then I told them it wasnt stock....bwwwaaahhh. 

He was still peeved and sent it to Motorsports Technology here in Houston, who had done the work on mine.....

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »
Haha....I had a buddy who got one of the new Mitsubishi stealth kind of cars when they came out in the late 80's....I forget the model but it was all angular and was reasonably quick at the time. Well he had a lead foot and got his 3rd ticket in a short period of time on the Mass Pike (I-90 here in MA). The cop who pulled him over had an unmarked Mustang....when the guy wrote him up he said "you wanna buy a car?" He explained to the cop that it was his 3rd ticket and he needed to get rid of it. The cop laughed and said "see that mustang? I own the exact same one...  I got nailed in VT last week doing 125 on the highway! I know how you feel.".....but he still gave him the ticket.

I had a run in with the current version of that guy a few years ago....I left work early....not much traffic....a guy riding my ass in an unmarked Mustang..  I let him by....he starts opening it up....I think oh cool...I have a blocker....so we get to a place where I get boxed in a bit by traffic....it then opens up and I catch up to him in a hurry....prob ably doing 110-125 or so....he then slows to let me pass....when I do (I had slowed to about 80 or so) he pulls in behind me...and then I saw it...the radar unit on his dash....the lights go off...I thought "oh bleep"....I pull over....he writes me up for 80 (which I am eternally great full for!) After he handed me the ticket I said " I can't imagine how many people you must catch! When I saw you pull in behind me and I saw that f'n microwave on your dash I knew I was screwed!" He burst out laughing and said "yeah....I get my share....I know it's a nice day and there's no traffic....but you can't be driving that fast! " I said I know and told him to be safe....he said have a good one and we parted ways. All in all it could have been a LOT worse!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal