Hello Guest

Author Topic: T-I-Double-Gurr-Err Tiger Build  (Read 54803 times)

Offline JR

• View Profile
Re: T-I-Double-Gurr-Err Tiger Build
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2016, 09:37:50 PM »
It actually looks better without all the plastic and I like the blacked out area above the headlight. Does it affect visibility close in?

Kinda looks like its about 10cm taller vs 10mm.

Oh, I will be happy to clean it up for you. Just let me bring it home to give it the TLC it deserves.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2016, 10:29:33 PM »
Nice Don. I guess you'll do anything to keep your mind off Sq D?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »

I am doing the responsible thing keeping Ranger in the house and walking him on a leash. But I am apparently not so well liked in my hood any more...Such sorrow!

You should just put a Sanders bandana on him and all the lib neighbors will love him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »
You guys don't know the story, because I didn't share it, but Ranger took out a neighbors dog.

Similar incident happened to my parents a few years back. It was a warm day, so they had the front door open with only the storm door to combat the elements. Their dog, Cervesa, was chilling out in the entryway, observing the front yard through the glass door. Well, the neighbor's cat came by and started trying to attack Cervesa through the door. She took offense to that, hopped up, and hit the door latch with her paw, opening the door. Cervesa took one step out, the cat lunged, Cervesa chomped, and the feline ended up with crushed neck. Cervesa was a collie mix-mutt. My parents tried to locate the owner of the cat to let them know, but no one came forward. A month later they got a visit from Animal Control. They explained the situation to the AC folks, and they had no issue. Didn't find out who the cat owner was until a month later at the next HOA meeting, where a petition was filed to have my folks get rid of their "evil, vicious, dog". They told the cat owner to pound sand. The cat owners threatened to sue. My folks said, go for it! Drama went on for a few more months and ended when the cat owners moved away because they felt the neighborhood was not safe for their children. SMH. Sheeple.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »
Sheeple = Cowards
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »
Don sounds like nice additions to Tiger for sure. But I have to agree it sounds like some new tires are in the offing....

DOT On....(based on your Ranger experience so I blame this all on you...). Our Shepherd has been known to run out to the extent of her underground fence (which doesn't freeze mind you?  ;D) barking with her hair up etc. And while she is a smaller Shepherd (East German and Czech) it doesn't seem to matter to the walkers who freak when she does it. And I cant say that I blame them necessarily if they didn't know the fence would stop her about 10 feet from the edge of the yard. But we do have a neighbor who is "that one". Now this is not a typical liberal walking a foo foo dog. No....this is a woman walking a 120 lb bull mastiff but has absolutely no, and I mean NO control of this dog. I believe she is on constant panic when she walks it, and as a result said mastiff senses her pure panic and is on steroidal overload for every walk she takes it on (now mind you because she cant control the dog when I say "walk" in reality I mean the dog simply drags her through the neighborhood  ::)). So having seen this occur where Nica (our Shepherd) runs out barking like an attack is imminent (and for all I know she smells the mastiff owner's adrenaline too) and the mastiff dragging this poor 100 lb woman towards our yard. I try to keep Nica inside if I see her out and about. But one day we get a knock on the door. I go down. Nica barks appropriately (when its someone she doesn't know its the "go ahead....make my day" bark). I open the front door....put Nica on sit right next to me. The guy standing there is the dog officer in town. Seems he's had a complaint about a Shepherd wanting to attack people walking their dogs as they come by the house. So we chat a few minutes about that....after said time chatting (the whole time Nica is on sit right next to me not saying a word) he says "so where is your other Shepherd?". I laugh an say "we only have one....right here" (pointing to Nica). He says (incredulously) "that's the only dog you have?" I say "yep"...he says "well she's obviously well trained....a great dog...etc." I say yep. Then I say "Let me ask you, and I know you probably cant say because complaints probably need to be anonymous, but is it possible that the person who complained owns a bull mastiff? And if that's the case you might want to go up the hill to the people that live at such and such place where said mastiff pinned their dog to the ground by the throat so much that the owner had to get a pry bar to open its mouth to get the mastiff to release the dog from the mastiff's grip. All the while the owner, who complained about MY dog, could do nothing. "

He just smiled and said " I am sorry for bothering you. You have a great dog. I don't think I will be back to see you." I wished him well.

Now that all being said. I do have another neighbor who's dog ended up at the vet to get BB's removed from its hind quarters. Seems they would let the dog out at 6AM to go s**t wherever the heck it wanted. I don't like other dog's s**t in my yard. Not saying I placed the BB's under its skin. But it no longer comes to my house. Just sayin'....

DOT off.  ;)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2016, 09:20:51 PM »
My Ranger is a much more obedient dog after training. I put him in "Place" or sit and he stays there for awhile. He still needs additional training, but I am working with him all the time now.

I've had a lot of neighbors who didn't control their dogs. One guy thought it was OK if his dog chased me when I went jogging, which I did all the time. That dog developed a pattern, He would see me come out the front door, and circle around back. When I finished stretching and took off, he would come up behind and give me a nip.

I had enough. So I got on my running shoes and went outside to stretch. I saw the little guy go around the house. This time I went toward him and waited by my garage. He came around the corner, looking down the driveway and just saw me as I leveled my 1911 on him. I doubt he heard the shot.

Same owner maybe 6 months later. Has two dogs now. These two will launch on my truck, a big 4 X 4 Chevy K10. They would actually latch onto a lug of my gumbo mudders! I told the owner again, but he chose not to listen again. Very next morning I back down the hill with my window down. as they approach I nailed the first one killing him instantly, same 1911. Second dog barely got turned around when I put one through his back side. I think he would have died anyway, but I aimed a second shot and stopped him.

I placed both dog carcass and an extra leg that the second shot almost separated on his sidewalk. When I came home, I went over knocked on the door and told him I shot both his dogs. I told him I was tired of getting chased by his animals and I guess he agreed because he never got any more dogs.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2016, 07:40:37 PM »
Bike is still exceeding my expectations. Went for a ride along the Ohio River today. Wind was howling with gusts as much as 50 mph. Made for a difficult ride at higher speeds.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
Bikes, Trucks, winter mess, OD green paint, dogs, cats...What a mess!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2016, 08:56:08 AM »
I see the hood up on SD! Does that mean BD is working to resuscitate her??? :o
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »

Dust accumulated in the hinges. It's now permanently stuck open. It appears to be a total loss.  ;D
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2016, 09:25:12 AM »
Dust accumulated in the hinges. It's now permanently stuck open. It appears to be a total loss.  ;D
Such a sad day. What a loss! :'(
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2016, 11:00:48 AM »

It's close to being totaled

But if I could only get that dust off, well then it would be restored once again.

But alas, I fear for the worse...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
Oh, and this is the T-I-double-Gurr-Err thread, not the SDGF! (Square D Gossip Forum)

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 29, 2016, 11:32:26 AM »
Square D Gossip Forum (not thread  8) ), so be it

The DOTs are working on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 29, 2016, 11:51:36 AM »
Oh, and this is the T-I-double-Gurr-Err thread, not the SDGF! (Square D Gossip Forum)
My apologies, sir. I was under the impression that RMT&S was the SDGF. I hereby stand corrected, and am the position of attention awaiting a proper dressing down or the application of the principles outlined in FM 22-102.
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 29, 2016, 12:15:42 PM »
Well, on your first point, you are correct sir!

On the FM reference, I can't remember my FM's from my AM's anymore ;)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 29, 2016, 12:26:10 PM »
On the FM reference

That would be the unofficial Wall-to-Wall counseling FM.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 29, 2016, 12:31:37 PM »
On the FM reference

That would be the unofficial Wall-to-Wall counseling FM.
My PSGs favorite FM. Glad to know that it is still at least recognized by the NCO Corps, if not in regular use.  ;D
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 29, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »
My PSGs favorite FM. Glad to know that it is still at least recognized by the NCO Corps, if not in regular use.  ;D

8)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 29, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »
actually the only folks that know that FM number are the old crusty ones.  we have not been allowed to speak of that since 2005ish.......SMH!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 29, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »
Whare's that ther um sq d harrassment forum at again?!? ::)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:23:51 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 29, 2016, 01:29:15 PM »
actually the only folks that know that FM number are the old crusty ones.  we have not been allowed to speak of that since 2005ish.......SMH!
Well, I guess I'm getting a little crusty. LOL! When I was teaching my college ROTC leadership block, I'd give my Cadets extra credit if they could research and brief the class on that FM.  :)
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »
I wanted a bit more of that deliciously addictive triple exhaust note these Trumpets are known for

So I pulled this out:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
And did this to it:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2016, 03:46:56 PM »
It didn't get much noisier really (could be that I just can't hear anymore...!)

But I noted that it added 15-20 horsepower and an extra 55 ft/lbs of torque. Has me eyeing those coffee cans used on the pesky jap/ricer cars running around that make a reputed 300 extra horsepower!

Offline B-Mac

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2016, 04:16:15 PM »
Don, Very nice build you got going. You previously mentioned a 50/50 tire. I am on my second set of Mitas E07's. I have completed the eastern half of the (KAT) twice with them and they are now my primary tire. I have not sacrificed any of the asphalt performance I've been accustomed to running a Metzlar Tourance set up. I just mounted a set of E10's for the upcoming March Moto Madness event in Tellico Plains, TN. on 31March. I hope you are ready to ride the (KAT) this season or a portion of it and would keep me in mind. I enjoy the area down in KY.
2013 Honda Ridgeline,   2015 Suzuki-DL1000,
2013 Kawasaki-Z1000    2021 Honda Monkey

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »
Don, Very nice build you got going. You previously mentioned a 50/50 tire. I am on my second set of Mitas E07's. I have completed the eastern half of the (KAT) twice with them and they are now my primary tire. I have not sacrificed any of the asphalt performance I've been accustomed to running a Metzlar Tourance set up. I just mounted a set of E10's for the upcoming March Moto Madness event in Tellico Plains, TN. on 31March. I hope you are ready to ride the (KAT) this season or a portion of it and would keep me in mind. I enjoy the area down in KY.

I've been hearing good things with that Mitas tire. This rear tire I have now is great on street and gravel, but I literally dug a mile long trench which was still there today out at the farm. That line ends in a hole where all movement stopped and I just mined KY mud. I'm def up for a 50/50 tire for now on.
How far from the Cincy are you located? I head up there regularly and am going up for a service and wait on the bike maybe this week or next...

Offline B-Mac

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »
I am located in Hocking Hills, Ohio. Just outside of Logan SR93. In one of the great motorcycle riding areas of Ohio.
2013 Honda Ridgeline,   2015 Suzuki-DL1000,
2013 Kawasaki-Z1000    2021 Honda Monkey

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2016, 10:26:19 PM »
Took a ride out in 45 degree weather. Single layer pants...I would make note that 45 is about the limit, especially if you plan on getting wet and riding.

Love those heated grips and my heated seat!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »
I just retrieved the Tiger from the dealership. They did the first service and I have to say they turned up the smoothness meter just a tad. That bike is like glass to ride.

But it has a pretty good buzz in the handlebars, something not uncommon to triple cylinder bikes. I wanted to raise the bars a bit and while searching found these cool bar riser fitted with a rubber bushing!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2016, 08:54:06 PM »
So with that, off with the bar clamps!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2016, 08:56:21 PM »
The riser blocks weigh about nothing but still feature a good sized rubber bushing

After a bit of cable adjusting for routing, the bar fell right into its new cradle

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2016, 08:58:04 PM »
That mount pushed the bars up two inches and allows me to roll them forward or aft, then tilt the bar itself independent of the longitudinal positioning. I like it!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2016, 08:59:53 PM »
I've been getting a bunch of helmet buffeting at speed on the highway, so I decided to do something about that

This slick wing mounts to the existing windshield and allows the rider to direct airflow as he sees fit. This is a German part.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »
There's a lot of precision plastic parts with this thing!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »
This template is meant to adhere to the windshield to provide a template to drill the required 4 ea holes. Considering the windscreen is curved, precision is difficult to achieve. Expect to apply it, then peel it off and repeat about five hundred times before by pure chance the thing falls on the screen correctly!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:03:54 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:38 PM »
I built up the hardware stack first then went for a fitment check prior to jack hammering some holes!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2016, 09:08:53 PM »
After torquing the small screws to 140 ft lbs, or newton meters or PSI or maybe a bit more than hand tight, I called this cat to be "In the bag!"

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »
Well, ain't that interesting........
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2016, 10:17:55 PM »
What did the dealer guys think about the new cammo skin?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2016, 12:01:09 AM »
Next will be NACA scoops.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2016, 09:23:42 AM »
What did the dealer guys think about the new cammo skin?
Bob liked it. It looks like crap, all patch-work quilted lookin' and all...

He said, "What the heck, it's original, I like it."

It does the job of "Making the bike mine" that's for sure. The chrome crowd never gives me a second glance anyway, and that is just all-right with me!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2016, 09:15:12 PM »
Smacked into a wait-ah-minute tree!

First scars!