Hello Guest

Author Topic: I have been reminded  (Read 876 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
I have been reminded
« on: February 21, 2016, 11:22:30 AM »
so I have my sister and her 2 boys (2 & 5) at my house till Wednesday. 

I have been reminded for the last 3-4 hours why I made the choice to get a vasectomy when I was 19-20 years old. 

please don't get me wrong, I like children, just not children that scream about everything for absolutely no reason.  I have also come to the realization that these boys father is not a very big authority figure...................#facepalm!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: I have been reminded
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »
To each his own but I can tell you it's different when their yours. I am however that big authority figure who just had to give my 12 yr old a talk about her attitude prior to service this morning......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I have been reminded
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 05:01:41 PM »
Yeah,  it is different when they are yours.  HOWEVER, when they are yours you discipline them differently than the rest of the world and they are better for it.  I used to be amused at the rest of the parents when their jaw would drop because my kids always said "yes ma'am, no ma'am."
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal