GENERAL TOPICS > D.O.T.

WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)

<< < (3846/3850) > >>

Farmer Jon:
Made a quick trip to Wyoming to get some cattle and got food poisoning. That was week ago and I'm still not right. Seen some interesting country and learned a few back roads.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on April 24, 2024, 12:13:29 AM ---This neighbor is a retired lineman and his wife is a registered nurse. He helped me set all the walls on the big shop and is always willing to lend a hand. The tile went about 100’ across his property to the culvert under his driveway. So I had his approval to install this and it benefits him some as well. He had one low spot that retained water which we ran the tile directly thru. With my property up stream and giving me issues I thought it only fair to pay the bill if he allowed me to fix the issue in the best manner for both of us.

On the other side of him are two new neighbors which are having a meadowlark (same manufacturer as ours) cabin built currently. They should be moved in around 8 weeks from now. Those two have been married 30 years and he started his navy career in the back seat of a Tomcat. I met both of them this past week. They are mid 50’s and seem like very nice people. They had to get out of Colorado as well.

--- End quote ---
Make sure you invite that Navee pilut to join our group here. He can take up the cause of defending that rusty boat, barnacle-encrusted glorified tug boat service which was created to transport the United States Armee to distant locations and to make us sandwiches while we are there...
That ought to get him going...
;-)

JR:
 :popcorn:

oklawall:
How do you guys get your wife to get rid of stuff she hasn't touched in over 10 years? I'm trying to get our house back in order after a remodel and just don't want to move stuff again that will never get touched again until our kids have to clean out the house after we are gone.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: oklawall on April 27, 2024, 09:37:56 PM ---How do you guys get your wife to get rid of stuff she hasn't touched in over 10 years? I'm trying to get our house back in order after a remodel and just don't want to move stuff again that will never get touched again until our kids have to clean out the house after we are gone.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
This is a great question!

Here's how I did it

I talked her into moving into a smaller house, a barndominium we are yet to build. There was not going to be either a basement or tons of storage space. She connected the dots naturally and has been shedding stuff for almost two years. I figure in about another year or two we will be back at fighting weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version