Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1358571 times)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3600 on: May 30, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »
Well got the old axles and hangers out tonight.
It sucked bad.
My 1/2" Milwaukee impact with 1100 ft/lbs of breaking torque(I think) couldn't touch half of the suspension bolts. Had to hit them with a zip disc, then they broke right off or spun off.
I'll take pics in the morning, got more than a few chunks of mud and grinder debris in around the glasses. HH6 asked weren't you wearing glasses. Couldn't even start this without. Just some got around like they do when you're contorted all around and under stuff using a grinder and zip disc in ways you really shouldn't.
Had one stuck on good, had me ready to head to emerg, I couldn't get it, but she was able quite easily. Just a bad spot, and you close your eyes whether you want to or not type thing.
Will monitor tomorrow to make sure it's not in need of meds tho.

Tomorrow, with any luck, I'll get the new stuff glued in and maybe start assembling and installing the new running gear. Have a marina meeting that may get in the way of civil loud outdoor work.
I'm not that guy running power tools etc after 2100.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: May 30, 2017, 11:15:18 PM »
I hate goggles because they always fog but they have their place
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: May 30, 2017, 11:32:11 PM »
I hate goggles because they always fog but they have their place
Agreed.
I had to toss mine tho.
Varnish overspray...no beuno for seeing anything.
Wished I had a pair tonight...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: May 31, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »
Well i extended my long weekend and took yesterday off.  Made french toast for the girls. Tended to the garden.  Finished mulching it and training some tomato vines.  Pulled up the sugar snap peas.  Harvested some cucumbers and tomatos.  got to get the caterpillars under control.  Sprayed some BT on them but I just realized that BT shoudl not be stored above 90 degrees....so I ordered some more on Amazon.  Then finished stacking all the firewood I split.  Pressure washed the back porch and moved the stained picnic table back out there.  Treated a termite colony I found in the woods and exterminated the outside of the house and inside the shop.  Loaded the smoker I fixed for my dad and took it over to his house and visited them for a while.  Now back to reality
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: May 31, 2017, 08:25:20 AM »
Worked yesterday then met a friend to do a little fishing. Not great fiahing but caught a small hatch which was good.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: May 31, 2017, 08:29:27 AM »
YESTERDAY:  Last day of work for the Summer & received a school house clock for 30 yrs. in the same District/School.....still can't believe that it's been that long!  Completion of my 32nd year teaching; 2 more until endless Summer Vacation! - LOL  :rolleyes:

TODAY:  Heating/AC company heading here at 9am to replace the Furnace and AC systems - 16yr. old Carrier system that was installed as house was built still working, but NOISILY!  Total bill for 4 ton unit Trane Furnace/AC install & removal of old, just below $5,000.  Got the family price from Sister-in-Law's uncle's company; evidently, I'm on good terms!  :wink:  Then wait the rest of the day for the frickin' new fridge to be delivered/installed......can't believe what they cost, for even a middle of the road model!  :facepalm:

TOMORROW:  Heading to Eagle River Region of N. Wisconsin for a week with my buddy Ray, his dog and my oldest dog Gus to drown some worms, drink some Bourbon, burn some wood, tell some stories and riddle the woods with copper/brass/lead!  :beercheers:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: May 31, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »
Pics as promised.

I plan to reuse the center hanger. Hopefully.
Part of my issue his far has been axle tube to frame clearance.
Once I weld in the new hangers I'll mock up to check clearances.
I suspect I'll be leaving the center one in, as the new ones are about 1 1/2" lower, and I think I need the clearance.
Sam

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: May 31, 2017, 09:14:23 AM »
Um Sam.....aren't the wheels s'posed to be on the vehicle in contact with the ground?  :grin:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:55 AM »
It would probably work pretty good as a sleigh from all of the white pics he posted !

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: May 31, 2017, 10:03:21 AM »
Been a LONG TIME since i have been to the eagle river area.  Thats north of bobby i think, have fun
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: May 31, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
Eagle river is a good ways north of Bobby.  We generally do some ice fishing up in that area every winter. 

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: May 31, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »
Eagle river is a good ways north of Bobby.  We generally do some ice fishing up in that area every winter.

Only "ice fishin" I want to be doing this time of year is in my drink!

Pictures proving its happening:

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: May 31, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
Um Sam.....aren't the wheels s'posed to be on the vehicle in contact with the ground?  :grin:
They'll get back on the ground...
Onto different wheels first...
Sam

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: May 31, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
It would probably work pretty good as a sleigh from all of the white pics he posted !

The white is nearly gone for this week.
Still to early to call it for the summer... :shocked:

And, nah, bee a bit too much drag for a sleigh.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: May 31, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »
I had a trane 5 ton 14 or 16 seer put in my rent house 4 years ago and ill tell you that it kept m e nice and cool in the el paso heat.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: May 31, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »
I grew up without AC while parents bedroom had window unit.......if ever in the area, I WILL place some flowers on Mr. Carrier's grave!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: May 31, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
Just had a new heat pump and air handler installed last week and the price was twice that for a 3 ton, you did well.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: May 31, 2017, 02:04:17 PM »
Cattle prices are getting back to where we can make some money again. So spending the moring prepping the yards. We built a new loafing barn a few years ago right before the prices dropped. We had a big problem with mud in the outside lots. With this barn the cattle can go inside or outside as they wish. My soulition was to put a bunch of fill sand in and run over it with a sheeps foot. So far it's really firming up. Otherwise its just sticky clay and it never really dries out. Its going to take 3 semi loads I think. Down side is I've been parking trucks and equipment and storing hay in the cattle shed. Now I have to find someplace else to put everything.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: May 31, 2017, 09:25:22 PM »
Fixing to try out my new ar loader a customer bought for me. ...have plenty of empty mags laying around.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: May 31, 2017, 10:20:50 PM »
Ooohhhhhhh

What is this you have ken?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: June 01, 2017, 12:33:24 AM »
A Caldwell mag loader Nate. They're normally 80 bucks or so, on sale at Cabela's for 40, minus 10% vet discount (buddy), so he paid 36. Still time consuming.... I think the homemade ones​ are probably quicker, but this one takes up less room.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: June 01, 2017, 12:40:28 AM »
I looked at those and thought they were cool, but not worth $80. Getting all the rounds in there looked like as much work as regular loading.

How do you like it?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: June 01, 2017, 09:45:59 AM »
I actually like it JR.. it takes a bit to fill it with 50 rounds ( wish they would have made it 60... it would load 2 -30 round mags) but at least my fingers weren't raw when done. It took about 20 minutes to load 10 mags. (300 rounds)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: June 01, 2017, 12:57:06 PM »
Glad you like it, but sort of a moot point for me where I am.

NRA and several others are fighting the 10 round mag and registration laws now. But I see dark times here in Kali.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: June 02, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »
Got all the new stuff under the trailer last night.
I didn't replace the center hanger...
Maybe I should have, but I had old parts.
The good news is the old parts fit 3500-7000# suspension, they say.
I lifted one axle to level running condition and had no less than six inches of clearance.
That was unnecessary, and too high. I'd settled and was on ok that it would likely be a bit taller, but not that much.
So out came the old shackles, gained an inch and change, but still too high.
Then the old equalizers, and that did the trick.
It's now around three inches of clearance to the frame above the axles, and I don't really need any less, as that was one of the contributing factors to the demise of the others.

Words to the wise, there are lots of different bits you can get for trailer springs.
Make sure you have the right ones.
Had I not had the others, I'd've had to spend another few hours cutting out the center support.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: June 02, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »
Been a LONG TIME since i have been to the eagle river area.  Thats north of bobby i think, have fun

Roughly 2.5 hours north. Depending on traffic, and route taken.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: June 02, 2017, 06:58:35 PM »
Fixing to try out my new ar loader a customer bought for me. ...have plenty of empty mags laying around.

Neat trick. How'd you train the dog to load mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: June 02, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »
Got the car trailer back on its own tires.

Went and picked up the boat.
Service time. They tell me now 4-500 hours in he plugs should be changed every 100 hours...
That's too often, but I'll do them each year now.
It had developed a sort of miss at low rpm. I think this is the reason.

Electrode nearly worn out.
Then, bottom end. Not sure why I don't do it in the fall, well I guess I do, it's always below freezing when I'm done for the year. Just keep being lucky to not have water issues.

I should wash it up, but we'll see how that goes. Have a lot to accomplish this weekend.
And a boat wash isn't even on the list till just now...
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: June 02, 2017, 10:52:35 PM »
looks like its running a bit rich.  Should have some grey on the insulator, no?

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: June 02, 2017, 11:20:40 PM »
Fuel injected. I think all last summer it had a bit of a miss.
First time I've ever pulled them out, 3 summers now.

This ones a two stroke, should be brownish black, but not this black.
I'd agree these look rich, but only due to worn out.
I'll know better tomorrow I hope. Plan to haul supplies across.

If it were four stroke, brown to brown grey would be ideal.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: June 02, 2017, 11:56:46 PM »
Finished loading and unloading the trailer.  Set up bed in the new old home and prepping for the night.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: June 03, 2017, 11:05:23 PM »
Took the wife camping for our 10th anniversary.     Put 100 miles of dirt road on the truck, and about 50 in the ranger today... seen a fire, some antelope, and a boat load of elk.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: June 04, 2017, 12:07:49 AM »
Nice Ken.  Both my daughters in recital tonight.  Youngest is the only one I her group up on point.  Was the lead in Swan Lake.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: June 04, 2017, 09:17:50 AM »
Of all the things my goof ball friends rope me into this has to be the best. The bar tender at one of our local establishments is from Texas and was getting a little homesick so she ordered 60 pounds of crawfish from Louisiana.  We had a blast. Cooking,  eating and and hanging out with good people. We don't go to bars much because it's so expensave but this was a much needed release after a long week. We didn't have pots big enough to cook it all together so we did the corn taters and sausage in the cream can and mixed it together later.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: June 04, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
Now that is just down right beautiful looking right there!!! Oh man!

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: June 05, 2017, 01:31:54 AM »

Well since the weather was nasty all day here, I loaded up 30 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor for my ruger precision rifle. Watched a movie with the wife and spent the last part of the evening playing some Tom Clancy on Playstation while enjoying a few cold adult beverages.

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: June 05, 2017, 01:36:40 AM »
Oh yeah and I finally pulled the trigger on this as I couldn't pass up the price. Local gun shop had it for 380, so when I saw the 260 price tag on Natchez I couldn't pass it up.

https://www.natchezss.com/rcbs-chargemaster-dispenser-and-scale-110-volt.html

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: June 05, 2017, 07:44:10 AM »
I have it and like it very much.  it's very consistent and accurate.  There are some programming mods you can do to make it faster and more accurate.
http://www.accuracy-tech.com/rcbs-chargemaster-modifications/

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: June 05, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »
Well on Sunday I went out to breakfast, got some coffee, went for a walk and checked out placed to put the kayaks in the water with the gf. Came back to my car and found out I had a flat... first flat on my personal vehicle ever... Oh well, gave me something to do.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: June 05, 2017, 09:19:40 AM »
This one is for Big D. This guy was making runs to a fire about 8 miles from camp , flying by to refuel several times a day. Finally got a pic on day 3 ... phone was max zoomed

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: June 05, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »
Dat's ma Hook!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: June 05, 2017, 01:17:40 PM »
Wonder if this was the same one.... been seeing it around the past few days.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: June 05, 2017, 04:22:22 PM »
Hmm. Sure looks like the same service line. Not sure how many they have running in Az. right now. I do know they will be extremely busy this year.
That particular pic was from the area near woods canyon, on the rim.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: June 05, 2017, 06:31:49 PM »
I would think a different one then because that one has been coming and going from huachuca.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: June 05, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
Columbia helicopters run a couple Chinooks in those colors
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:15:27 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: June 05, 2017, 11:27:27 PM »
Hmm that's what it looked like, but I assumed is was a fire fighter of some kind. I actually have some other pictures that you can see the red on the front rotor tower or whatever that section is called. I suppose that could make sense though training between Tucson and here.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: June 06, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
Hmm that's what it looked like, but I assumed is was a fire fighter of some kind. I actually have some other pictures that you can see the red on the front rotor tower or whatever that section is called. I suppose that could make sense though training between Tucson and here.

Forward pylon/ aft pylon

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: June 06, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
Over the weekend worked on paint prep -- caulked a bunch of spots, and power washed two sides.  Took Monday off to start replacing window trim on front of the house... snowball effect ensued.

This is why I'm replacing the trim

Trusty 42" crowbar...

Had planned on only replacing 3 pieces of siding below the windows...

Well, that escalated quickly.

This is not how you install insulation.

Um... I believe you're supposed to pull the backing off the flashing material so it actually sticks to the sill and the house wrap...

Fixed the insulation so it wraps around the wires like it is supposed to, and fills the cavities completely.

Cut a new piece of OSB - 8' long, 22" high under windows, 4" 'hat' in the middle.  Windows are just held in by the top nailing flange at the moment so i could get back behind them to get the old sheathing out/new in.

Got the windows nailed back in and the flashing underneath last night. Need to finish up the flashing and house wrap, then put up the new trim and siding.

I am sore today.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: June 06, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »
Reminds me I have a leak outside above the front door I need to address before that happens.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: June 06, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
Yes! Get on it before it gets much worse!!
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal