Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1330852 times)

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3750 on: June 18, 2017, 01:10:18 AM »
Maybe sell it to Don for hauling fuel

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: June 18, 2017, 02:23:38 AM »
Ken, you need to seriously sell that to don when you get it running so he can refuel his toys at his hide, unless its a water truck..........
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: June 18, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »
Happy Father's Day!! 

I need some help. I'm giddy with excitement over my Father's Day gift, but I'm not allowed to open it until after church. Im trying to guess what it might be. Im thinking blender or vacuum, maybe a food processor. 

What do you guys think?

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: June 18, 2017, 07:26:01 AM »
Happy Father's Day!! 

I need some help. I'm giddy with excitement over my Father's Day gift, but I'm not allowed to open it until after church. Im trying to guess what it might be. Im thinking blender or vacuum, maybe a food processor. 

What do you guys think?

Food Processor......with the correct projectiles and a quick finger it could serve as a make-shift blender!  :likebutton:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: June 18, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
Happy Father's Day to all. The best thing in life is being a Dad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: June 18, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »
Learned that my buddy Ray became a Grandpa on Fathers Day:

Look at the size of those hands!  Feet are huge too and look like the size of flippers!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: June 18, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »
Happy Father's Day men!

Got the dock moved to the cabin.
Put my bent trailer axles under it with tires.
Wow did it roll into the lake easy. Hooked up winch line, and idled in reverse.
It rolled right in with no effort at all!

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: June 18, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »
Happy father's day guys!!
Tex and Nate, it's a water truck. Helping my brother build a house and the county wants one on site for the amount of dirt work we need to do. When done I should be able to recoup by reselling, or keep it for 5 ton parts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: June 18, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »
Happy father's day guys!!
Tex and Nate, it's a water truck. Helping my brother build a house and the county wants one on site for the amount of dirt work we need to do. When done I should be able to recoup by reselling, or keep it for 5 ton parts.

Is it 900 series truck underneath the body?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: June 18, 2017, 09:24:35 PM »
Nah wyo, it's the older version... maybe M54...the title says 1967..the engine says 1980, which doesn't mean squat.
Built by Zeligson Trucks

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: June 18, 2017, 11:16:07 PM »
Ken, do you have an older model 5ton besides that one? I recall you having a 923 I think.....I ask only out of cross compatibility of 5ton parts.

And being that it has the Detroit 671 in it, I really should have known it wasn't a 9series underneath, forgive the momentary lapse of sense....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3761 on: June 18, 2017, 11:38:25 PM »
Our God-daughter graduated last night. Same school Sam graduated from, they have 4 different focus programs and separate entities operating as a single school, pretty cool actually. Her focus was Bio-med, and Longball, she's going to be a trauma nurse. Hard to believe she was Sophie's age when we met her family.
Happy Father's Day!! 

What do you guys think?
Tate, that's wonderful about your God-daughter. That's a tough career but one we desperately need good people in. I wish her the very best and will say a prayer for her.

So what was he Father's Day gift Dave? I've thought about it all day but just can't put my finger on it.

I hate to see so many dealing with storm damage. That cleanup is never an easy task.

Little went on here today other than being back to usual after another week of hazmat class. This one focused on monitoring and sample collection during CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive) events. It was a good class with very knowledgeable cadre who had a ton of field experience. Class was held at the COBRA facility in Anniston Alabama. Although I didn't get to on this trip, it's the only place in the country where hazmat techs can work with live agents such as anthrax, ricin, and vx.

These pics are from training but not of the COBRA facility. Anything other than the clothes on your back are forbidden in there.
Google image pic their mock subway:

The subway was awesome.

Wish I could've brought this home with me. Looks as if it's been frozen in a time capsule.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:51:11 PM by longball »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: June 18, 2017, 11:55:38 PM »
Wyo, I have a 925, it's in here: http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=86.msg817#msg817 
Been trying to get singles for it this weekend so I can put the nato tires on the front of the water truck and put 6 more on the big forklift at the shop. (found some on craigslist but the guy is being flakey)

I'm pretty sure that none of the 5 tons used a Detroit, but the company that built the truck built all kinds of custom pieced together vehicles. The frame/cab/engine is not mil, but the axles should be the same as the 900s, and the transfer case is an older version, a T-138 iirc.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: June 19, 2017, 08:19:29 AM »

So what was he Father's Day gift Dave? I've thought about it all day but just can't put my finger on it.
Turns out it wasn't a kitchenaid or a roomba, just a Ruger AR556. I guess it will have to do. I'm hoping to take it out to the farm this week to get some range time with it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: June 19, 2017, 08:28:58 AM »
Sorry for your disappointment!  :cry:

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: June 19, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »
Too bad I didn't get that kind of disappointing gift...
 :likebutton:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: June 20, 2017, 05:22:23 AM »
You guys have all the fun.

Nice gift, I like the non m4 barrels.

Water truck? You can run over everything with it or turn the tank into a sleeper.

Trying to stay cool by going the Santa Cruz yesterday, drive was nasty, kids had fun. Was 112 here today, looks to be staying up there for a while.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:31:27 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: June 20, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
Ouch, 112 is hot...
Got my tomatoes planted finally.
I think we're done with frost...but it is only June.
Put them in front of the cabin.
Hope they grow before winter, it is only a few months away... :rolleyes:
Sam

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: June 20, 2017, 08:00:44 AM »
I don't miss the 112 days. Just stay indoors or in the pool. Just the opposite up here. Stay indoors when it is -20. Or if your Sam that is just perfect..  :grin:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: June 20, 2017, 08:09:04 AM »
Yep I'll take -20 over 112 any time!
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: June 20, 2017, 09:50:03 AM »
I'm headed to JR's to cool off!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: June 20, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »
Well you ain't flying out of there.....not enough lift at 120

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: June 20, 2017, 11:30:25 AM »
We were in the 90s last week and that was plenty warm for me.  At least when it gets cold around here I can pile more clothes on.  There is only so much clothes you can take off before it becomes socially unacceptable.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: June 20, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »
Pool is a nice 90. Feels good at night and still cool during the day.

112 wont kill you like -20 will. Of course it might be better freeze than cook.

I do prefer cooler than hotter. Get more done wearing a sweatshirt than dripping wet trying to stay in the shade.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: June 20, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »
Y'all keep the 100+ out on that side of the country please.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: June 20, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
We were in the 90s last week and that was plenty warm for me.  At least when it gets cold around here I can pile more clothes on.  There is only so much clothes you can take off before it becomes socially unacceptable.
My sentiments exactly.
And once it's unacceptable there's no more can come off.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: June 21, 2017, 10:15:38 PM »
 We have been on the road the past couple days. Spent 2 nights at pennyrile state park near Paducah Ky. Real nice place. I've never seen a swimming lake so clean. It didnt even smell. In Nebraska most of our ponds are mud bottom.

We made it to the mother in laws today. Every time I run the parkway across the bottom of KY I get the dang low fuel pressure code. Had to reset it 3 times today. I dont know what the heck is going on. Its an 07 chevy duramax. On Facebook they said it probably the fuel pressure relief valve. Found one for $28. Worth a shot I guess.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: June 21, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »
Is that the same one we can shim to increase pressure?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: June 22, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
I think so. Now that I think about it I read somewhere once it starts popping you can shim it and it will quit. But for the price just as well put in a new one or some people put a plug in place of it.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 22, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
jon, keep this in mind.

a couple years ago I had a 52 gal titan tank put in and an edge canned tuner.  the morons that installed the tank pinched the draw hose from the tank to the filter housing unit.  well I started getting that same issue shortly after, I happened to be close to husker diesel just outside of Omaha and got a full plug and installed it.  that took care of the issue for a while (probably 6 months) and it came back.  so I took it to a shop to have them figure out what the actual issue was. 

what the shop found was that when the hose got pinched, it caused the high pressure fuel pump to start to fail because it was having to suck harder than what it was designed to do and that the rail plug just masked the issue.  well $2500 and a new high pressure fuel pump later I am now good to go.

if I remember correctly, the mechanic had to hook it up to his laptop and monitor all of the different fuel pressures while I was driving it.  then had to trouble shoot why I was having fuel problems to begin with.

so I am not saying all of this to say that your HPFP has went, I am just trying to offer a little knowledge of what may/can happen....... 

let me see if I can find my thread over on DF.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:07:39 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: June 22, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
Could be anything fuel related Jon. I've also seen plenty of guys post up regulator problems, but only seen a couple out here. Usually we find restricted or loose filters, or a leak on the filter head, collapsing hoses (especially in summer), and done a couple injection pumps because of that code. ...so basically anything fuel related. I would at least make sure the bleader screw isn't wet, and try and tighten the filter.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: June 22, 2017, 12:11:09 PM »
Could be the hoses. Everything else is good. I'm going to order a plug to replace the fuel pressure relief valve.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: June 22, 2017, 12:16:06 PM »
3 years ago it did it for the first time so I had a new injector pump put on. It did it last year in the same place. I cleared the code and it didn't do it again until this year. The common factor is I was always pulling the hills in southern Kentucky with a camper. All 3 years it happend near Bowling Green.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: June 22, 2017, 12:20:19 PM »
3 years ago it did it for the first time so I had a new injector pump put on. It did it last year in the same place. I cleared the code and it didn't do it again until this year. The common factor is I was always pulling the hills in southern Kentucky with a camper. All 3 years it happend near Bowling Green.

Reminds me of throwing overboost codes in the same part of Steven's pass in the cascades every trip. it'd get up to speed, then down shift to climb and BING BING BING... never could find any leaks or other turbo related issues, just cleared the code and drove on. Hope you get her figured out or just avoid that part of KY  :undecided:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: June 22, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: June 22, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »
I want to go west sometime. If she can't handle the Kentucky hills there's no was she will handle the rockys.
I really don't like messing with stuff on the road. It would be my luck to cross thread the plug and really be screwed. Lol. It is going to the shop when we get back regardless if I get the plug or not.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: June 22, 2017, 08:01:01 PM »
Dug a really big hole

And broke some stuff...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: June 22, 2017, 10:19:06 PM »
Now that the AR 10 is together, I spent considerable time looking at scopes to top it with.  Really leaning towards one with the reticle residing in the First Focal Plane, and a MOA tactical reticle.  Charles, suggestions?  Not planning on spending over $900 range hopefully, and like some Vortex models.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: June 23, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »
Camping out in the mother in laws driveway in southeastern Kentucky. We are expecting 2 to5 inches of rain and high winds this evening. I expect we will loose power. I got everything ready to go. Flashlights, camper battery all charged up, tank full of water, all kinds of food and plenty of propane for hot water and cooking. I wish I had a generator. I keep saying I'm getting one but other things keep coming up. 

Oh and I got extra ice and beer. 30 packs of bud light for $21. I wish we had them at home.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: June 24, 2017, 03:36:44 AM »
On the way to scout camp in OR. See you in a week!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: June 24, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »
Have fun!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: June 24, 2017, 07:21:33 PM »
Don, you've broken so much stuff now that no one even questions it!!

I moved about 300 tons of dirt and rock at my brother's new place down the road from me....it is definitely the wrong time of year to be on a hot tractor.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: June 24, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »
Thursday and Friday took a jet boat out to Hudson Bay, and back inland to York Factory.
Could be dubbed as the origin of Canada back in fur trade days.

Here's the boat and truck.

Those that know the truck can appreciate the size of the boat.
It's a 30 foot jet boat. Twin LS6's,and a whole lot of fun.

150 odd miles later, we were at the historic site.
I have an affinity for this type of pic...

The whole building is now a museum of the old artifacts found onshore and along the riverbanks.
From cannonballs, to pump parts, to wood stove bits.

Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: June 24, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
In Detroit visiting my Daughter and Son-in-law; took him to Lowes to get supplies to build a gate across the driveway to keep the dogs in the backyard.  Bought some tools, gate kit, computer controlled thermostat etc.

While finishing the angled cable brace, a piece of hardware gave way next to my head- so gotta get a replacement tomorrow.  Cable went flying!

Here's the end result:

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: June 24, 2017, 09:03:42 PM »
Nice work cuda! That looks good.

Cool trip Sam! I bet that thing hauls! And cool to see that history too.

I sorted attic stuff at my Mom's today in preparation for her moving into her assisted living place. Stiff to junk, stuff to donate, stuff for consignment and stuff to an auction house. It ran the gamut. Still pretty cool seeing place settings for 12 and all the old "finery". My sister and I split some stuff that has sentimental value. So have some stuff to pass on. Cool seeing stuff from 150 years ago.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: June 24, 2017, 10:25:24 PM »
While finishing the angled cable brace, a piece of hardware gave way next to my head- so gotta get a replacement tomorrow.  Cable went flying!
When I first read that, I thought you had to get a replacement for your head, I was thinking "that's gotta smart!"   

Well, as for me, mulched around the front of the house and did a little yard work with the kids, getting ready to put the place on the market to sell and move to the new place in the country. I've got a buyer for our other land, so that makes getting the new place much more comfortable.

And I know, nothing happens without pictures.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: June 24, 2017, 10:44:34 PM »
Thursday and Friday took a jet boat out to Hudson Bay, and back inland to York Factory.
Could be dubbed as the origin of Canada back in fur trade days.

Here's the boat and truck.

Those that know the truck can appreciate the size of the boat.
It's a 30 foot jet boat. Twin LS6's,and a whole lot of fun.

150 odd miles later, we were at the historic site.
I have an affinity for this type of pic...

The whole building is now a museum of the old artifacts found onshore and along the riverbanks.
From cannonballs, to pump parts, to wood stove bits.

That's a serious boat! Twin Ls6, that thing has got to scoot! Love the tow rig, did the owner turn up the power on the 8.3 in that thing at all?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: June 25, 2017, 12:10:47 AM »
Wyo, how can you tell it's the smaller engine instead of the nhc-250... because it's an A2?
Nice looking gate Mike.

Sam, I would have given my left ear to go on that trip with you. I love that kind of remoteness, and history... of course your modes of transportation where top notch as well.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 25, 2017, 12:31:24 AM »
The boat is awesome.
We had some nasty but not horrible 8-10 footers out in the bay, nothing for that boat.
The motors are making 430-450 each, and sound amazing.
It will make 58-60 mph all day long.
I plan to do it again one day with HH6 and some others.
I don't know any details on the truck.
He picked it up in Alaska along with the boat (had smaller motors then)
I have my doubts that it's turned up unless the PO had done it.
It's just the boat truck for him for the most part.
Sam

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 25, 2017, 02:15:02 AM »
Which camp?
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal