Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1368055 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #4200 on: August 14, 2017, 09:53:03 AM »
Report from behind enemy lines. I've noticed a lot of tats and skinny people and lots of urban dog walkers.

Went to buy groceries. About 20% more expensive than Texas for same items at same chain. The plastic bags out here are REALLY nice. Got me to wondering since I wouldn't think of CA using a lot of plastic bags. Then I noticed they charged me 10 cents for every plastic bag.  I guess it's ok to kill the environment if you have enough money. Kinda like DiCaprio and Gore.

Off to find a stack of styrofoam cups. Gonna take some serious recon.

And I guess that's why there are so many skinny people. Too expensive for them to eat.

No explanation for the tats yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: August 14, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »
Meat loaf question

I'll post on the other page also.

Friend says his meatloaf on the smoker flattens out like pancake not a loaf.  His mix sounds good but I can't think of why it would flatten

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:39 AM »
Don, the way the eclipse path is, it's probably only a few hours drive for you.
I'm thinking your boys would appreciate seeing it.

One of my coworkers is heading down to see it from up north.
An epic journey that I wish was a bit better timed, as I'd love to go, just literally the wrong week.
One either way, I'd be on it.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: August 14, 2017, 12:38:44 PM »
Tats are the new fad. I see dead drop gorgeous women covered, looks like sheet.

Yeah, the bag thing is crap. I call it the cost of business but here it goes into a fund now for who knows what? Probably for DeCrapia's and Gore's private plane. Only at grocery stores though, not regular stuff. Oh and if you are on welfare or such, you don't get charged CRV and can have all the bags you want!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: August 14, 2017, 12:55:37 PM »
Portland passed a law a few years back that stores could no longer use plastic bags. Even Home Depot has paper bags -- actually works better for things like tubes of caulk or sharp stuff that always poke through the plastic...

Yeah... don't care for the tattoo thing either.  A few tasteful ones, sure, but not a whole damn sleeve.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: August 14, 2017, 12:56:27 PM »
I don't mind  tattoos, I like hearing the stories behind them.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: August 14, 2017, 01:16:54 PM »
70 mile swath going through even Kentucky monday the 21st.
Thanks for that.
I had heard it could be seen fairly close, but that is relative to who is telling you.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: August 14, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
All in the US 48 will see it. I want to see it all!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: August 15, 2017, 07:06:16 AM »
Ground Zero is supposed to be Cabondale, IL a College town.......stay clear.......idiots driving, drinking and not really thinking!  I figure the Optimologists will see an up tick in business......AAAH MY EYES!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #4209 on: August 16, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »
Just picked my wife up from her car accident, gentleman ran a red light headed east. Wife was headed south. 40mph.

I am super impressed with how this car took the hit,  I am grateful my wife lifted off the gas at the intersection, side curtain air bags and my wife was able to walk away. The other car was mangled (mazda3) and he went in an ambulance while my wife walked away with minor bumps and bruising

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:12:31 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: August 16, 2017, 11:20:41 AM »
Glad she's ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: August 16, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »
Glad she is doing ok, the air bags did their job.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: August 16, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »
Oh wow glad she's ok. Is that a traverse?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: August 16, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
Glad she is ok! My first thought was your boys, but I'm guessing they were not there.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: August 16, 2017, 02:06:39 PM »
What is she doing parking on a fence?

Legal in Utah?

In all seriousness, glad she is OK, dodged a bullet right there!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: August 16, 2017, 02:50:20 PM »
Dave stuff like that puts all the day to day BS we whine about in real perspective. Glad she's okay. Prayers sent. But sounds very much like those should be Prayers of Thanksgiving.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: August 16, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »
Dave stuff like that puts all the day to day BS we whine about in real perspective. Glad she's okay. Prayers sent. But sounds very much like those should be Prayers of Thanksgiving.
Absolutely Wilbur

Don we are legal to drive over but not park on, she was sighted for improper parking.

No kids in the car, momma had just dropped the boys off blocks away from where the accident was at. I am So thankful they were not in the car. I am confident they would have been ok, but the soreness on them would be felt a whole lot differently than my wife. 

Yes it was our traverse.  2011 with a V6 and the airbags look like a really neat device.  I have been in many of car accidents and never once had the bags go off.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:14:41 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: August 16, 2017, 03:32:23 PM »
Well, on the bright side, now you don't have to worry about replacing those HVAC buttons where the rubber stuff has peeled off...  ;)

Serious though -- glad to hear she's OK. We have the GMC equivalent (Acadia) - 2011, too.  Funny that you have an '06 dmax and a '11 lambda (Traverse, Acadia, Outlook, Enclave), too. You ever have any A/C issues with it? Pretty sure our evap coil is shot and its a 8-10 hour job to pull the entire dash out to replace.

I hope you're joking about being cited for parking on the fence... not like she had a choice! :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:34:05 PM by rpar86 »
Ryan

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: August 16, 2017, 03:35:25 PM »
Glad they are OK. I hate the smell of airbags, but they do their job.

Time for another Traverse?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tommy13

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: August 16, 2017, 03:51:16 PM »
Glad your family is ok Dave. 
Exodus 14:14

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: August 16, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »

We have the GMC equivalent (Acadia) - 2011, too.  Funny that you have an '06 dmax and a '11 lambda (Traverse, Acadia, Outlook, Enclave), too. You ever have any A/C issues with it? Pretty sure our evap coil is shot and its a 8-10 hour job to pull the entire dash out to replace.
We had the heater door gear go bad on our 2011 Enclave. They went through the glove box to change out. Could hear the gears trying to work but couldn't figure out anything as the temps were in the 70's in AZ. and we didn't need heat. Once we got to Nevada on the way home and it was in the 30's I knew right away what the problem was.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: August 16, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
Report from behind enemy lines. I've noticed a lot of tats and skinny people and lots of urban dog walkers.

Went to buy groceries. About 20% more expensive than Texas for same items at same chain. The plastic bags out here are REALLY nice. Got me to wondering since I wouldn't think of CA using a lot of plastic bags. Then I noticed they charged me 10 cents for every plastic bag.  I guess it's ok to kill the environment if you have enough money. Kinda like DiCaprio and Gore.

Off to find a stack of styrofoam cups. Gonna take some serious recon.

And I guess that's why there are so many skinny people. Too expensive for them to eat.

No explanation for the tats yet....

Italy charges for plastic bags too....but yeah they are the nice ones. Heavy and will stretch. Like a small Glad trash bag almost. I got a cart full of groceries in 4 bags. Not doing that with the WalMart ones.

I wonder if sleeve tats are covered as a lifestyle choice and paid for by the public....  :rolleyes:

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: August 16, 2017, 04:10:31 PM »

We had the heater door gear go bad on our 2011 Enclave. They went through the glove box to change out. Could hear the gears trying to work but couldn't figure out anything as the temps were in the 70's in AZ. and we didn't need heat. Once we got to Nevada on the way home and it was in the 30's I knew right away what the problem was.

Yeah the motors are easy to get to - had to replace the 'mode' one last year as we could only get defrost.  I've recharged the A/C 2 or 3 times this year (who is the idiot that designed this... put the low pressure fill right next to the exhaust header and oil filter), and frequently hear a hissing coming from the dash.  Bought a halogen gas leak detector -- went off like crazy once i put the probe down inside the vent.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:11:03 PM by rpar86 »
Ryan

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: August 16, 2017, 04:29:58 PM »
Glad everyone is ok Dave. Side curtain airbags were a wonderful invention and have saved many lives.
Got my sample kit from Blackstone Labs last night. I'll send off the sample tomorrow and see what 13,000+ miles on Rotella T6 looks like.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:34:28 PM by longball »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: August 16, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »
I have had the evap looked at turns out it was low coolant by two pounds, the buttons on all of those GM vehicles are junk

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: August 16, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
Glad she's ok Dave.
Car took that hit very well...considering.
Side curtain bags are great.

I'm guessing she'll be pretty sore tomorrow once the adrenaline wears off.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: August 16, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
Update from behind enemy lines. Yesterday went to San Diego zoo safari in Escondido. 1800 acres of really cool stuff but we were innundated with "all hunting is bad" global warming is killing us all mantras. Along with evolution caused animals to have certain traits. Good discussion points for me and the girls. We paid for a golf cart safari which go s places normally not accessible  and you can quickly end up with $700 spent on a day at the safari.

Learned what a zipper barrier is. Learned that there aren't really speed limit signs. Just keep up. Also learned that motorcycles are really advantaged and it is good etiquette to move left as motorcycles drive between lanes, which earns you a nice little two fingered gesture saying thanks. Haven't found a bad road yet so apparently really high taxes at least get you good roads.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: August 16, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »
Glade you having a good time still. Last time I was there we stayed in trailers right next to Sea World (RC aircraft stuff)

Easy to drop lost of $$ in this wonderful state.

I don't mind bikes cutting a little but they get irate and expect to much sometimes. Now you have to yield to bicycles if there is not 3 ft between you them and they ride side by side on narrow roads.

Watched a couple kids in winco on WIC trying to come up with .26$ to get a sheet of posterboard. They had plenty of soda and dip and all the free bags they could use I pay for.

Sorry guys, not a great day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: August 16, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »
JR. Having a good time. It's easy to be liberal when you are rich. View from our rooftop deck.

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: August 16, 2017, 11:07:14 PM »
Rich? Liberal? I guess I missed that bet
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:08:04 PM by Bob/OlallaWa »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4230 on: August 16, 2017, 11:33:27 PM »
Note I said it's easy. Not a requirement. It's just harder when you aren't rich.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: August 17, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »
Well, on the bright side, now you don't have to worry about replacing those HVAC buttons where the rubber stuff has peeled off...  ;)

Serious though -- glad to hear she's OK. We have the GMC equivalent (Acadia) - 2011, too.  Funny that you have an '06 dmax and a '11 lambda (Traverse, Acadia, Outlook, Enclave), too. You ever have any A/C issues with it? Pretty sure our evap coil is shot and its a 8-10 hour job to pull the entire dash out to replace.

I hope you're joking about being cited for parking on the fence... not like she had a choice! :)
I have 09 traverse. We do have AC issues. Its my wifes car. She has to turn the dial to heat and back to cold several times slowly before it will start working. They have trouble with the blend box door warping and not shutting off the hot air. One way to tell if your ac is working is to turn it on. Open the hood. Grab the ac lines up by the firewall. If they are cold its working and you have the same blend box door problem I have.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:11:56 AM by Farmer Jon »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: August 17, 2017, 07:28:19 AM »
Note I said it's easy. Not a requirement. It's just harder when you aren't rich.

Your comments tie in with the nifty sermon I posted in the faith section just now...Interesting!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: August 17, 2017, 11:35:54 PM »
We picked up a new pup today. Name suggestions welcome.  Bullmastiff.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: August 18, 2017, 05:51:56 AM »
Gravelmaker, friend of ours had one. That dog would chew on driveway stone, no joke huge powerful jaws on it. They bought it when they lived in the UP of Michigan to keep bears at bay when his young girls played outside.

One of our current neighbors has a Spanish version. Very protective almost to the point of being a problem, guessing it's not very well trained.

Nice looking pup you have there.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: August 18, 2017, 07:19:19 AM »

Cujo (sp?), Paws of Death, Fluffy (Harry Potter), Chomper, Ben (name of the guy from the Fantastic 4 who became "Thing"), Sarge.....after Don's bulldozer!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: August 18, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
Bull is on our radar.  I like the harry reference also. 

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: August 18, 2017, 07:58:25 AM »
My brother and I want to a farm machinery auction with a signed check and alist from our boss.
Only got one thing on the list. A corn detassler. We are going to convert it to fix irrigation pivot tires. This is going to be interesting. I will document that build for sure.
We also got something not on the list. A 09 Polaris ranger. Really nice shape with 3,000 miles for $5300. I'm not sure if we are in trouble or not. We told the boss we got it but he didnt say anything.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: August 18, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »
My brother and I want to a farm machinery auction with a signed check and alist from our boss.
Only got one thing on the list. A corn detassler. We are going to convert it to fix irrigation pivot tires. This is going to be interesting. I will document that build for sure.
We also got something not on the list. A 09 Polaris ranger. Really nice shape with 3,000 miles for $5300. I'm not sure if we are in trouble or not. We told the boss we got it but he didnt say anything.

Jon, that's fewer miles than my 09 Ranger had and less than I paid, by quite a bit. From what I can read the 700 is a good motor, but touchy about a few sensors. I've had major headaches with the fuel system on mine and have replaced almost everything from the ECU to the injectors. 

Yogi?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:07:19 AM by longball »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: August 18, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
I always like tough names
"Ranger" is one
I am currently using "Scout" for my GSD
If the dog is always sniffing about, then "Recon" fits

If he pees and "shoots" all over the place, then "Shooter" would work

If he lies in wait for the cat then he should be called "Ambush"

If he barks or howls a lot, then "Bugle"

If he doesn't seem to pay attention or listen, then call him "Sarge"

If he is a house dog and doesn't want to go outside, then "Logger"

If's he's a runner, then "Attack"  This could be used for fun n' games when he is running toward someone and you call for him! ;-)

If the dog has received loads of training, but still can't do anything right, then definitely call him "L-T"

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: August 18, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
Mack  as in Mack truck seems to hold true with me and momma. 

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: August 18, 2017, 11:20:49 AM »
"Ranger" is one

If he is a house dog and doesn't want to go outside, then "Logger"

If's he's a runner, then "Attack"  This could be used for fun n' games when he is running toward someone and you call for him! ;-)

If the dog has received loads of training, but still can't do anything right, then definitely call him "L-T"

"Chief" would fit this description better

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: August 18, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »
Good looking pup Dave. Brindle might fit with his color. Other names that might fit....hmmm.....Zeus, Atlas, Goliath, Drool (hope you're ready for that "aspect" of mastiff's! ha!). Get a saddle for him or a harness to pull the boys in a wagon/sled and everyone will have fun!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: August 18, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »
That is a big puppy.  What about Hoss.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: August 18, 2017, 01:29:14 PM »
I like Hoss and Chief does fit that better. Cute big pup there.

Had a couple coons getting the cat food. Trapped them and let em go. I was going to terminate, but the kids,,,,,,,,,

Finished the platform on the treehouse, time for sides/roof.

Started the tearoff for the room addition. Going to tarp it off for the build. Out of sight from the street, this will keep the neighbors happy. 12x16 including stairs, only sticks up about 5 feet.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4245 on: August 18, 2017, 01:43:53 PM »
Bull is on our radar.  I like the harry reference also. 

Oh man don't get me started...

Wife found a mouse in a flower bed last week -- Named it Hermione.  Last night I caught a little garter snake -- wife named it..... wait for it.... Severus Snape.  LOL

Along the lines of what Nate suggested, here's another...  :grin:

"Ranger" is one

If he is a house dog and doesn't want to go outside, then "Square D"

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:48:47 PM by rpar86 »
Ryan

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 18, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »
 :popcorn:

HAHAHAHA
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 18, 2017, 02:50:18 PM »
Went to ribfest in lincoln yesterday, had some "lick my ribs" brisket platter.  The brisket was ok, the beans and slaw were ......... :undecided:........

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: August 18, 2017, 05:24:07 PM »
That treehouse looks spot on for a jump to the roof,

I think we will keep calling him dog for now and try a few ideas out

Well prepared for the drool and slobber, the twins are super excited and just want to chase him around.

That rib fest sounds like every Monday at work.  Everyone brings in the best smelling leftovers

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: August 18, 2017, 06:13:18 PM »
My parents and I typically use biblical names for our animals.   Zacharrias, sheeba, Sampson, Ruth etc. you get the point. Goliath might be a good one for you dog.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal